Super Troopers 2 (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Super Troopers 2 landed in fourth with an impressive $14.7 million from just 2,038 locations. The $13.5 million production was marketed by Fox Searchlight and distributed by Fox and the film's debut is well ahead of pre-weekend expectations, which were pretty much blown away by end of day Friday. Arriving 16 years after the original film, Super Troopers 2 clearly has a supportive following as the sequel has almost already reached the $18.5 million overall domestic run for the original in just three days.

Did well for its budget range.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I want to see this.

The BL guys said that if this movie did well at the box office (and 4th place on their budget seems pretty great) that we'll get Weedfest next and possibly Super Troopers 3: The Winter Soldiers. Here's to hoping for all of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think my tastes have changed, or it just like almost tried too hard, not quite recapturing the magic of the first. If anything the opening scene was maybe the best. I didn't hate it, but was mostly just some grins and a couple chuckles vs the hyper ventilating giggles of the first one.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think my tastes have changed, or it just like almost tried too hard, not quite recapturing the magic of the first. If anything the opening scene was maybe the best. I didn't hate it, but was mostly just some grins and a couple chuckles vs the hyper ventilating giggles of the first one.
I found it laugh out loud funny multiple times. Sucks it didn't tickle your bone the same way.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
It was alright. Not as good as the original, but Farva was pretty great. The beginning was super cringey to me. I understand it was SUPPOSED to be over the top, but it just felt.. lame. Overall wasn't terrible, but not worth buying or anything unless you want to taunt Canadian friends that come over.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I found it laugh out loud funny multiple times. Sucks it didn't tickle your bone the same way.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty goddamned hilarious. Farva stole most of the hilarity, but Rob Lowe's terrible accent made me die laughing every time he was on screen.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Movie had some really funny moments. Not as good as the original, but there's a lot of space under that bar and still being a good movie.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Like most of their stuff, I'm assuming (hoping) it will be better on repeat viewings? I've watched the first one dozens of times, and "meow" has become part of my vernacular with like minded individuals. I'm waiting for the bluray to watch with friends in an environment becoming of this kind of film (blazed and drunk out of my mind).

I just hope it wasn't as try hard as Anchorman 2.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The metric system jokes while simple never failed to crack me up, was a good 7/10 with the last 20 mins being the weakest. Would probably be an 8 or 9/10 while watching with any french Canadians.