Supergirl

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Supergirl

Genre: Action, Adventure, Drama, Science Fiction

First aired: 2015-10-26

Creator: Greg Berlanti, Ali Adler, Andrew Kreisberg

Cast: Melissa Benoist, Chyler Leigh, David Harewood, Katie McGrath, Jesse Rath, Nicole Maines, Andrea Brooks, Azie Tesfai, Julie Gonzalo, Staz Nair

Overview: Twenty-four-year-old Kara Zor-El, who was taken in by the Danvers family when she was 13 after being sent away from Krypton, must learn to embrace her powers after previously hiding them. The Danvers teach her to be careful with her powers, until she has to reveal them during an unexpected disaster, setting her on her journey of heroism.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Really, is the Supergirl character going to be enough to carry a project like this?

I thought the character existed only as a halloween costume / cosplay idea for chicks to dress up as.

Caliane

Supergirl is a character that can really exist as almost 90% highschool/college/countrygirl in big city drama. Unlike superman, who grew up in Kansas, and is more human. She IS an alien(AND a teenager), and her learning to socialize is really the prime focus of the character.

Who is behind the basketball texture costumes? and why do they keep getting a job?
the design is very retro. would think this is set in 1950 from that outfit...
The textures are all wrong. and the color is very dark.

Column_sl

shitlord
The comics are pretty good for Super Girls story. She's actually a very interesting character.

Unlike Clark she wasn't born to earth bound parents, and relates to us as aliens. Which means she doesn't understand earthlings cultures, and will do stuff like walk around naked because that is something that isn't a big deal in her warrior cast.

Stuff like shopping etc is totally foreign to her. So in that way there is a ton of humor that can be injected with her relationships with Humans.

The other part is, unlike Kal-El she has no obligation to protect earth. This is only something that Kal will teach her later.
Being that powerful from a warrior cast that is used to battle, and then coming down to earth where everything is extremely fragile makes for many interesting story arcs.

That being said, I doubt any of that will be in this tv series, and I doubt they will give it the Flash type budget it needs to show how powerful she can be with villains that can test her to her limits.

Supergirl-young-justice-31124712-500-221.gif

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
never heard of this girl but someone said she was part of the fappening??

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The comics are pretty good for Super Girls story. She's actually a very interesting character.

Unlike Clark she wasn't born to earth bound parents, and relates to us as aliens. Which means she doesn't understand earthlings cultures, and will do stuff like walk around naked because that is something that isn't a big deal in her warrior cast.

Stuff like shopping etc is totally foreign to her. So in that way there is a ton of humor that can be injected with her relationships with Humans.

The other part is, unlike Kal-El she has no obligation to protect earth. This is only something that Kal will teach her later.
Being that powerful from a warrior cast that is used to battle, and then coming down to earth where everything is extremely fragile makes for many interesting story arcs.

That being said, I doubt any of that will be in this tv series, and I doubt they will give it the Flash type budget it needs to show how powerful she can be with villains that can test her to her limits.

Supergirl-young-justice-31124712-500-221.gif
I don't know why that gif says Young Justice when its from Superman/Batman Apocalypse, but that fight scene with her and Darkseid was fantastic.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is basically a cw super show like flash and arrow. It shares some of the same people and will have a crossover with flash/arrow. I like the costume. It looks like the same blue shade as the man of steel costume. I also think it may have superman cameos.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
A crossover would be kind of difficult I think, are you sure? Different networks don't really cross the streams other than just a mention perhaps. I'd love for it to happen, but I am doubtful.

EDIT:
never heard of this girl but someone said she was part of the fappening??
Seems that is maybe true. I'm not 100% the girl is her, but some of the tamer pictures look like her, and in the ones where she's getting railed it is the same bed, so it is possible. If it is...pretty pretty good. Not going to share any pictures here obviously, but it isn't hard to find them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
A crossover would be kind of difficult I think, are you sure? Different networks don't really cross the streams other than just a mention perhaps. I'd love for it to happen, but I am doubtful.

EDIT:
Seems that is maybe true. I'm not 100% the girl is her, but some of the tamer pictures look like her, and in the ones where she's getting railed it is the same bed, so it is possible. If it is...pretty pretty good. Not going to share any pictures here obviously, but it isn't hard to find them.
this is what i read.
SUPERGIRL Deal Was Made Specifically With FLASH/ARROW Crossover In Mind

SUPERGIRL Deal Was Made Specifically With FLASH/ARROW Crossover In Mind
Arrow showrunner Marc Guggneheim says it's possible for CBS' Supergirl tv show to crossover with Arrow and The Flash. Executive producer Greg Berlanti reportedly has it in his contract that Supergirl can crossover with his other superhero dramas.

Apparently, when Greg Berlanti struck a deal with DC Entertainment to develop a Supergirl television series for CBS, he did so with forward-thinking in mind. Berlanti reportedly has it written in his contract that Supergirl can appear on Arrow and/or The Flash. This is scenario is more than possible, it's probable as CBS and Time Warner each own 50% of The CW. Another common thread among all three shows is the fact that Berlanti is also using Rappaport Casting to fill key supporting roles and main characters on each superhero TV show. Guggenheim also acknowledged the possibility of Supergirl appearing in Starling City and/or Central City in a recent interview. Realistically, Supergirl is the only show that could crossover with Arrow and Flash, given CBS' connection to The CW. The other DC TV shows may all fall under the DC Entertainment umbrella but Gotham, Constantine have different executive producers and air on television networks with no shared relationships. Another possible addition to the Supergirl/Arrow/Flash triangle is the forthcoming live-action Teen Titans drama being developed by TNT, which is also a subsidiary of Time Warner. However, that particular adaptation is being shepherded by someone other than Berlanti so the odds of it crossing over with Greg's trio are not as likely.

For now, the next key phase of development for CBS' Supergirl will be selecting the right actress to play the Last Daughter of Krypton. Could a casting announcement be made at the Winter TCA's which are currently convening as we speak?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We deserve a Supergirl that doesn't make every young male wish she wore a mask.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
rrr_img_92311.jpg
rrr_img_92312.jpg

That's all her costumes throughout the years. The statue is the current comic one.

As mentioned, the character is pretty interesting and has a lot of potential, although writers usually squander the potential when writing for her. So we'll see how the TV show goes.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database