Supergirl

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Next episode shows promise
rrr_img_124893.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
woot, tentacle rape episode next week???
good episode, show is coming along. hopefully they can tone down the chick drama if this gets renewed

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i never noticed that they borrowed snippets of the original superman score. sounded tonight like they were using the Zod theme music in the beginning.

fuck, they killed that fine looking MILF. Astro+Astra will never happen now.
frown.png

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Man, they ripped last week's episode completely from the JLA cartoon. Also, I'm not liking the fights. The superpowered fights don't make any physical sense. One minute, she's hitting them with hundreds of tons of force, and they are knocked out, but no impact is shown in the area. She was hitting Non in the face while his head was on the ground, and no dirt moved. Then she hits him and he goes flying 300 feet. And them being on wires is very obvious.

Caliane

yeah. mixed feelings about the Black mercy. On one hand its just another example of my complaint of this show is ripping off Superman, instead of using Supergirl mythos and identity.
On the other hand, while the Black Mercy story was super famous and memorable, it never made much sense for Superman. It DOES make sense for Supergirl.

The idea that Clarks most happy dreamworld is living on Krypton with his space parents is nonsense. it totally goes against everything Superman is about. He never new Krypton. He is all about the immigrant that finds a new home, and embraces it.

Supergirl however is different. That IS part of her story.
The exact timeline changes abit. Original version, Zor-El, Jor-els Brother is the lead scientist of Argo City. He heeds Jor-Els warnings, and builds a shield/dome for Argo city. Krypton explodes, and Argo city survives, and is blasted into space.
Kara is born in Argo city, afterwards.
30 years after Krypton exploding, Kara is 16.
Argo city is bombarded by pieces of Krypton kryptonite. Argo City is doomed. Kara sent to Earth, Argo city is shifted into the Survival Zone, a similar dimension as the Phantom zone.

Other versions, have Supergirl living on Krypton itself, before its destruction. shifting the timeline closer.

Eitherway, it is part of Supergirl, that she does remember living on Krypton/Argo city, and does greatly mourne its loss, and does have massive culture shock living with humans.

its like, the BS Tarintino rant. where he says, Superman is the real identity, Clark is the false one. Which is false. With Clark, he is Clark first, and Superman second. with Kara, she IS Kara Zor-el/supergirl first, and Linda Lee second. Hell most people probably couldn't even tell you her Linda lee name. This SHOW doesn't even use it.

Superhero fighting. yes, this is nonsense. in everything. Comics, tv, movies. Its like when morons insist Clark needs to learn how to fight from Batman. What the fuck does Batman know about suplexing a tank? There is nothing comparable. Judo, etc makes no sense vs someone that can fly, has superstrength, etc.

Caliane

very amused at Americans not knowing how to pronounce Siobhan, joke.

Original Silver Banshee was again Superman Villain. Although new 52 retooled her as a good friend/roommate to Supergirl. Silver Banshee power/ghost is dangerous/evil. Siobhan herself is not, and wrestles with the power, and her evil dad.

Siobhan Smythe (Prime Earth - DC Database - Wikia)

Lobo joke, also got a chuckle.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
very amused at Americans not knowing how to pronounce Siobhan, joke.

Original Silver Banshee was again Superman Villain. Although new 52 retooled her as a good friend/roommate to Supergirl. Silver Banshee power/ghost is dangerous/evil. Siobhan herself is not, and wrestles with the power, her evil dad.

Siobhan Smythe (Prime Earth - DC Database - Wikia)

Lobo joke, also got a chuckle.
i learned how to pronounce and spell Siobhan back in the 80s because howard stern used to have a trannie on his radio show with that name. interesting episode, was a lot of comic book references. did supergirl say at one point "why wear a mask? this isnt that other city". i wasnt sure if i heard that right. batman reference?

Caliane

hrm. good question. I just assumed Metropolis. Since hes the only stated other superhero. But, he doesn't wear a mask. So could be referring to his villains... which also arent super known for it.

Column_sl

shitlord
I wonder who the DEO was scared off when they said it's not that other guy when they were asking about the Jailer.

Maybe that's the Lobo reference you mentioned.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that was was interesting and there were some other good throw away lines referencing The Wire, the Siobhan stuff, and another obscure TV reference if I remember. Still enjoying the show and eager to see The Flash tie in.

Column_sl

shitlord
DC really needs to do a Lobo movie now that the Rated R movies are in fashion.

That would destroy Deadpool if done correctly. Can have a movie every year, and they can even adapt his Christmas special.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You really don't watch these shows, do you?

rrr_img_127242.jpg
rrr_img_127243.jpg
rrr_img_127244.jpg
i watch the show just fine. arrow is alternately known as "the hood". bcause he wears a hood to hide is identity. i think it was only last season when he received the mask as a gift. before that he wore camo paint or whatever thats called.
rrr_img_127268.jpg