Supergirl

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Even Superman knows that bitches love smiley faces.

I'm glad they finally moved past calling him "her cousin" constantly like they did in the first episode, and actually say Superman and Clark now. That would have been annoying if it was every episode.

She is really cute as a normal person, and really hot as Supergirl. They've really done a good job of making her look as different as possible in the two roles.

I really like this show. It isn't quite up there with Ash vs. Evil Dead, but it is a solid show and I watch it first on Mondays. I also liked the callout to Homeland at the end.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Another drop in ratings
It wasn't a superheroic Monday night for WBTV's competing DC Comics shows, and the pair sharing a timeslot on competing networks may be working some negative magic for both at this point. Supergirl in its third week continues to garner great reviews for CBS, but dropped a huge half a point, from 2.2 to 1.7 rating. That also meant a total viewers drop from 8.9 million to 8.17 million. The show debuted at a 3.2, and while that was clearly unsustainable, a nearly 50% drop is cause for (mild) concern. If it levels off in this range, though, it should be in good shape.

Column_sl

shitlord
1512981989757307461.gif

Karloff_sl

shitlord
8 million viewers still sounds like a lot to me, it was certainly better than gotham this week.
It's plenty many shows survive with less then that, though for a "superhero" show it's a bit of uncharted waters, CW ratings aside you have really just Gotham and Agents of Shield and so far Supergirls numbers line up with the latter. Though I don't watch AOS I have no idea how long a leash ABC is giving it but since it's part of the tentpole of the Disney Marvel non-cable show, I'd imagine it's really long.

Caliane

"nobody ever asks my cousin these questions"
Superman the movie. Lois's first question. "do you have a girlfriend?"

Its shit like this...

The entire show is just, "im not superman!" They really need to get over this shit. It shouldn't have lasted more then the pilot. And they did it to themselves. Why is superman the only other superhero in this world? If they ignored Superman, they wouldn't have had to do this shit constantly, or if they just asserted other supers exist, they wouldn't have to do this shit..

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know, you guys are getting a little hung up on this. Maybe they are purposely focusing on it, because you know if they just ignored him completely all the nerds (particularly on this board) would wonder why she didn't call him for help any time she got her ass beat. Or maybe it is some kind of female empowerment stuff for young girls. Yeah, I'd like to see it gone also, but I'm thinking, and this is just me spit-balling, that since they made such a big deal about it in this episode in particular, it will be mostly behind us from this point. Clark even sent her a fucking smiley face saying he won't save her again. In teen girl world, a smiley face is serious business.

Also, I didn't take the "nobody ever asks my cousin these questions" quite the same way. Maybe because I'm not looking for those connections so hard. From how I remember it in the episode (which could always be wrong), Cat asked about her powers and quickly sort of summarized/dismissed them as the same as Superman's. So then Cat asked, as a direct response to them being pretty much exactly the same except for gender, if there were any plans to have kids. As if it were natural for her to ask if the only two (known) Kryptonians on the planet planned to have any super-babies. Not like Lois asking Superman because he's a hottie. And Kara was like, "Why don't you fools ever ask Superman if we're knocking boots? Oh that's right, because you guys respect him, fucking misogynist shitlords!"

I think you guys are looking too hard.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm not really butt hurt over the Superman thing, I think they are handling it pretty well so far.

Also when they were pitching the show they said they may show Superman at some point, so I don't think they are 100% unable to use him on the TV show.

Column_sl

shitlord
Just an FYI, they are showing the episodes out of continuity this week because anything that mentions any kind of bombing is being shifted around.

Caliane

i lost it at Perd.

All around HUGE improvement in this episode. Character development. Livewire makes everything better. An actual big bad long term villain.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, for those of you that think Hank Henshaw is Martian Manhunter because of the two glowing eyes, he also has two glowing eyes in the Eradicator's Kryptonian form.

rrr_img_116242.jpg

Cybsled

I think he is more likely to be Martian Manhunter. The whole red eyes/their dad "dying" while working for them are just clues they are giving to the audience to make them think he is a badguy.

Caliane

why would he not be Hank Henshaw, the guy he is named after?
you guys understand Hank Henshaw is a Superman character right? cyborg superman.

guys I think this Edward Nygma character on Gotham is Aquaman!

faille

Molten Core Raider
Just an FYI, they are showing the episodes out of continuity this week because anything that mentions any kind of bombing is being shifted around.
meanwhile, Agents of Shield shows an actual bomb going off in a plane, albeit a small one to open the door.

Column_sl

shitlord
They reshot a good bit of this episode so it could follow last weeks one due to the shuffling of the shows.

I'm not going to lie they lay it on pretty thick with the Women Empowerment, but I don't really mind a comment every once in awhile.

I like that we constantly get to see Super girl with her full power set as opposed to Smallville where they tortured us for years.

The shot where Super Girl flies in on Maxwell Lord is very reminiscent of the many times Supes visits Lex to give him a lecture, and he ends up getting the lecture instead.

They keep doing stuff like that scene above , and I will keep watching.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
i lost it at Perd.
My girlfriend (who has never watched Parks and Rec) was confused why I started laughing when I saw Perd in the first or second episode. I like to think that Supergirl is happening in the same universe as Parks and Rec, and Perd upgraded to a news job in the big city.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i waited to watch the episodes in their proper order. digging this show so far. dont care that nerds are upset because of the cousin thing. such a stupid thing to be bothered by. i hope this show isnt cancelled.