Survivor 26: Caramoan

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Did they make the idols just as easy to get as Russell's seasons?

What a dumb paranoid self destructing mental midget nut job, he obviously does not understand the purpose of Russell's chaos. It wasn't to piss people off to "go out on my terms", it was to make them fear you enough that they would want to be on your good side instead of against you. Favorites were on a roll no need to bring up all that bullshit until you needed to, should have been there to win a million dollars not show off I'm a Hantz bitches! Only reason coach kept him in check was with religion and we haven't seen much religion spouting in a couple seasons.

Having said that, can't wait for the next heroes vs villains season.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got to hand to Probst, he did a great job coaxing forth the crazy but handling the entire situation with poise, keeping the two loonies separated and just handling it all right there so that Philip wasn't forced to drown Brandon in the ocean like a rabid little rat terrier back at camp.

I'm starting to forgive Reynold somewhat for being a douche and am starting to root for him more now.

Andrea is a dumbass.

Someone should have put chunks of carbon between Dawn's giant root gnashers during the meltdown and made some diamonds.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Didn't think it would be possible to have any less respect for Brandon...and then tonight happened. What a sad human being. Dude needs serious help. Was entertaining though!!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pretty sure he's bipolar or something. There's no way he'll be invited back to Survivor, so just get Heroes vs Villians out of your mind.

lindz

#DDs
Like I said during his first season, how on earth did they let that guy in the game. He clearly has serious mental issues. They are supposed to give them psych exams and there is no way he passed either time. TV drama is not worth the potential to seriously injure someone. I hope they don't let him come to the finale. :\

Braen

<Medals Crew>
Like I said during his first season, how on earth did they let that guy in the game. He clearly has serious mental issues. They are supposed to give them psych exams and there is no way he passed either time. TV drama is not worth the potential to seriously injure someone. I hope they don't let him come to the finale. :\
Yeah those exams kept Adam12 out of the game.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Brandon has kids. That's the scary part. What a fuckin' retard that kid is.

I agree that Reynold is playing better now and I'm starting to root for him. That said, I want Phil to stay as long as possible at this point!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Phil is great to keep around. The dude will literally never in a million years win the game, he's batshit insane, perfect person to keep with you until the end. The only way he could ever win is if he made it to the end and the other two people were Russell and Brandon Hantz. Phillip made me laugh because he knew exactly what button to push.. "and your kids being taken care of by your aunt." He knew that would get him to go even more batshit insane.

I normally don't watch this show since the season with Tarzan made me hate it, but this episode was great.

lindz

#DDs
Phil is playing an awesome game this time. He is playing on his craziness just enough for people to not take him too seriously while controlling what they do and think. He obviously studied his season with Boston Rob and learned a lot. I'm actually really impressed. With all the Brandon drama and fans tribe sucking, we haven't seen much gameplay over on the favs, but as far as who is playing the best game, it looks to be Phil right now. The others just seem to be doing the regular old survivor thing, not playing hard yet.

Not to mention he has been a beast in challenges. Showing up a lot of the younger men on both tribes.

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
It was pretty hilarious seeing Phillip having to completely dial back his crazy because Brandon out crazied him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I also don't understand the women crying.. what was that all about?

If I were on the tribe I either would've knocked Brandon out (he was unstable, who knows what would've happened next) or just laughed.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
So wife watches this religiously and we are also watching some older seasons (but they are definitely in the 20s, so not vintage) and it still pisses me off to this day that a scheming, awesome player hasn't won this since Dick Hatch in season 1. Every jury ends up as butthurt morons who can't appreciate a good played game even if it meant they got their feelings hurt. The legacy of having UTR chicks with zero game winning is getting a bit disgusting.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
So wife watches this religiously and we are also watching some older seasons (but they are definitely in the 20s, so not vintage) and it still pisses me off to this day that a scheming, awesome player hasn't won this since Dick Hatch in season 1. Every jury ends up as butthurt morons who can't appreciate a good played game even if it meant they got their feelings hurt. The legacy of having UTR chicks with zero game winning is getting a bit disgusting.
Plenty of strategy players have won.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Who was that dude that won a few years ago that basically controlled the game from start to finish with his nerd pal? JT or something?

There's definitely strategy players.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The first time she won the game the alternative was far, far worse (Lil...trust me, Sandra winning that was a good thing. Fairplay was the best player, but he didn't make it to the end).

I broke down the winners on one of the FoH threads, and it was easy to see that, as a whole, deserving players do end up winning more than under the radar players:

Hatch, Ethan, Heidik (not only uber strategic, but also an uber asshole), Chris, Tom, Aras, Yul, Earl, Todd, Parvati, Bob, Boston Rob, Kim. That's 13 winners who were the dominant strategic force (or at least a big part of it) on their season and completely deserving. I left out several other deserving players who weren't big on strategy (JT, Tina, Dani, Vecepia).

My point is that there have been very few under the radar players who have won, and fewer undeserving winners. Under the Radar will get you far in Survivor, maybe even to the end, but it won't likely win you the game. Butthurt juries happen, and deserving players have gotten screwed out of the million, but these situations are in the minority.

Edit: Yeah, you can throw JT in the strategic column too, but it's generally seen as Stephen controlling the brains part of that season.