Survivor 26: Caramoan

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'd say Erik, if I had to guess. Dude looks malnourished as hell.

Kaita

Golden Squire
Looks like the new season will have a family element to it. Could be pretty interesting, i wonder if they will bring back some past members.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Man, best season I've seen. Love it, think I argued with Adam in irc and he was right. Great choice, great season.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Man, so glad Cochran owned this game. He was great at every part of the game, even challenges, and totally deserves it. Such an awesome season.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
How fucking delusional was Sherri? I think that she seriously thought she had a chance going in to the final tribal, that was amazing. Pretty sure she didn't get to speak at all at the reunion show either. Was really hoping that Brandon would have been there so Jeff could take him to task on live TV. Kinda sad they avoided that and just had all the non jury members sitting there as part of the audience.

I'm glad Cochran won, and I'm equally glad that Dawn didn't get any votes. The shit with the teeth was hilarious.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was wondering what their reasoning was for that, and if Brandon had anything to do with it. Was Erik even in the jury in that reunion show as well? That Blood vs. Water theme has me wondering too. As much as I love Russell's game play, the rest of his family are awkward to watch at best. Would be horrible Survivor and honestly be horrible TV period. Unless it's pairs of family members against pairs of friends or something.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I can swear I read somewhere that they were planning to do a family survivor thing.. I mean it could have been one of those crazy dreams where you then wake up and live your life thinking it was a reality, but pretty sure I read it. I hope it will be good.

I also hope that finally, for the love of Christ and all that is holy, they realize the Hantz family has no place in survivor. Look Russell was a good player, but he wasn't a great player. He can't win, ever, ever, ever. In a million years the dude will never win. We throw Brandon on the show, and we're lucky the dude didn't murder people. If he was left to go after Phillip who knows what would've happened. Brandon wasn't jacked, but surely he was big enough to take down Phillip and possibly kill him. They're a shitty family, filled with shitty people, and they make the show shitty.

Boston Rob.. he's cool with me, but he's played the game a lot. Maybe one day they'll have Survivor: Seniors, but until then let some new people in.

Really kind of tired that there have been so many all-stars, returning players, favorites, etc. We need new people. Not just any new people, but real people. They need to stop casting hot blondes and buff dudes that they recruit and bring it back to the roots. Just get a whole bunch of people that apply and make it in, weirdos and all. That's what people want to see. I mean, I enjoy looking at the hot chicks.. and Brenda really did it for me this season.. but let's bring it back. Bring it back to telling people that if they were dying of thirst in the desert you wouldn't even give them a drop of water. That's some real shit.

Also, Malcolm looked retarded.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I enjoyed the format of only having the jury on stage at the reunion. There are high points prior to the merge and jury but they are few and far between. Always felt like it detracted from the reunion having to spend 2-3 minutes incorporating a quirk from people who got voted out 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc... Most of the time we barely even remember their names. Poor Brenda, almost cried when she stood up preggers
frown.png
The Dawn "apology" was a hilarious train wreck though.

Was season before last season the final one with the previous casting director? I think we had a big discussion about it back on FOH.org and how this casting director was targeting the blonde cheerleaders and bros, supposedly she or he was gone from the process and they were going to get back to the normals and fugs.

antoine_sl

shitlord
I can swear I read somewhere that they were planning to do a family survivor thing.. I mean it could have been one of those crazy dreams where you then wake up and live your life thinking it was a reality, but pretty sure I read it. I hope it will be good.

I also hope that finally, for the love of Christ and all that is holy, they realize the Hantz family has no place in survivor. Look Russell was a good player, but he wasn't a great player. He can't win, ever, ever, ever. In a million years the dude will never win. We throw Brandon on the show, and we're lucky the dude didn't murder people. If he was left to go after Phillip who knows what would've happened. Brandon wasn't jacked, but surely he was big enough to take down Phillip and possibly kill him. They're a shitty family, filled with shitty people, and they make the show shitty.

Boston Rob.. he's cool with me, but he's played the game a lot. Maybe one day they'll have Survivor: Seniors, but until then let some new people in.

Really kind of tired that there have been so many all-stars, returning players, favorites, etc. We need new people. Not just any new people, but real people. They need to stop casting hot blondes and buff dudes that they recruit and bring it back to the roots. Just get a whole bunch of people that apply and make it in, weirdos and all. That's what people want to see. I mean, I enjoy looking at the hot chicks.. and Brenda really did it for me this season.. but let's bring it back. Bring it back to telling people that if they were dying of thirst in the desert you wouldn't even give them a drop of water. That's some real shit.

Also, Malcolm looked retarded.
When Erik was medivac'd for malnourishment despite the supposedly lavish rewards, so I was hoping people on this forum would finally stop whining about how "soft" survivor is now, but evidently not. The difference between this and early seasons is that there isn't nearly as much for people to get from the environment. The reason they don't show people fishing, finding chickens, coconuts, random shit in the jungle, etc., is that it's not there for them to get. With no food in the environment they just have the paltry rice and beans rations plus reward challenges if you win them.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I didn't argue that it got soft.. that part never bothered me because people are still having issues with lack of food and stuff. I was merely arguing that they needed to stop recruiting people.

lindz

#DDs
There were several people they didn't speak to which was kind of weird. No Erik, Eddie or Sherri. And yeah I don't remember even seeing Erik there. Odd.

I appreciate that they didn't bring the whole cast, I think thats a lot better way to do it because it gives us more time to talk to the people we actually gave a shit about.

Great season and perfect winner. I hated Cochran on his first season. He was too much of the whiny, awkward bitch for me back then but he grew so much between then and now. And I loved how when asked what advice he would share with a new survivor he stated game theory which is so obvious given that its a game, but very very few people that go on that show seem to understand game theory!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was an all-time great season. From start to finish, it delivered.

-Erik went out of the game as unceremoniously as he played it. He was entertaining in his own way.
-Eddie, well I made my case for this chump being an all-time terrible player in this thread. I think that case stands.
-Dawn emerged as a true villain, which is equal parts lol and surprise. I am sure internet memes will forever be littered with her toothless monster face. She should have told Brenda to shove it up her cooter.
-Sherri... every season has a worthless coat-tail rider. She was as un-obtrusive as they come, so I got no hate... but like her castmates, I don't have anything to say about her either.

Cochran, oh Cochran... let me count the ways you are fucking awesome.

1. Up there with Boston Rob, Russel Hantz, and Penner as Survivors best interviews.
  2. Took a page out of Tyrion Lanister's playbook,"Let me give you some advice bastard. Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."
  3. He excelled at puzzles, nasty shit, balance, etc... It is not so surprising that he might be good at that stuff, but very surprising that he was better than everyone else at it. He was smart and always won/bought the advantages which propelled him to victory. His wins were earned and if you take all the events that led up to them, you can see there was not luck involved.
  4. He never lost his head when everyone around him was going fucking nuts. He was the rock that held everyone else together.
  5. When his alliances were threatened or crumbling, he always was able to maneuver and strategize himself back into the majority vote.
  6. He was fucking funny, self deprecating, and dare I say, a pretty charming guy by the end of it.
  7. Malcom, Reynold, and Eddie are alpha males. By the end of it, they were not only rooting for Cochran, they were looking up to him.
  8. He recruited Dawn very early on to do all his dirty work, while he was able to call the shots and keep his hands clean. Much easier said than done.
  9. He respected everyone and treated them equally. He was able to avoid making enemies because he never promised anything he could not deliver on. He knew when to open his mouth and when to keep it shut.
  10. I say, he had the BEST final tribal of any Survivor in the history of the game. He was brilliant with his speech and his answers were succinct, on point, entertaining, and respectful of his competitors. He didn't just hit a home run, he hit a walk-off grand slam. Unanimous final tribals are a rarity because there are so many traps to fall in to along the way. He played the most perfect game we have seen, since Boston Rob's Redemption Island win.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Cochran played a great game and definitely deserved the win, but I'm tired of his "I'm just a silly, awkward nerd!" schtick. It worked in his first season, but I'm sick of hearing about what a "fish out of water" he is. Give it a rest.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

I also hope that finally, for the love of Christ and all that is holy, they realize the Hantz family has no place in survivor.
The more I think about this Blood vs Water, the more I honestly think they are dumb enough to do something like that. I liked Russell's two games, but even he is spent, and of all those shitbags, he is the most sane one of the bunch. I just can't see how any of this will go down, and they are returning players so even if it's not the Hantz family, it's going to be someone we have already seen.. I have to say this is my first season of Survivor I'm really not looking forward to personally. Maybe if I keep expectations low, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I'm thinking it'll be married couples vs siblings or something, maybe married couples vs their children, I don't know. None of this sounds very entertaining, but I kinda felt the same way coming into this season, and we all know how that turned out.