Survivor: Blood vs. Water

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pulled this from Neogaf:recap: Behold The Epic Challenge Blunder! | Season 27 Episode 06 | EW.com

How could this have happened? How could Tina and Laura swim out to retrieve something, only to return without it? It?s pretty incredible, especially considering what you do not see on the show. After Jeff Probst gives the tribes the quick instructions at the top of a challenge and says, ?I?ll give you a couple of moments to strategize,? here?s what actually goes down. All the cameras ? and there are a hell of a lot of them ? go and reset to get in proper positioning for filming the challenge. While that happens, Probst and challenge producer John Kirhoffer walk each tribe individually through all aspects of the challenge. If there are knots or hooks that need to be undone underwater, they may even show you pictures of them so you know what to look out for. And, they answer questions. If you are unsure of a particular element of a challenge, you can ask and they will clarify.

Not only that, but there is also a person from the CBS standards and practices department listening in to every word on a headset. If Probst tells something to one tribe and somehow forgets to mention it to the other, this S&P person jumps in and alerts the host so that both tribes have equal information. This most often might happen if someone on one tribe asks a question, so Probst explains it to them, and then has to go back to the other tribe to make sure they get the same extra information. All of this is a long convoluted way of explaining that Tina and Laura really, really blew it on this one. Not only did they have the quick on-air Probst challenge instructions, but they also had the much more in-depth walk through and yet still managed to mess it up.
One of those two old bags should have went. Every time they pan to Katie's mom I want to spit in her face.

Kat why do you have to be so fucking dumb? Good lord.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I do not understand how not one, but TWO people fuck up so monumentally badly after that much instruction.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's not just a fuck up, it's like basic game skills, basic survivor games. you go out, you release, you bring back. there's always a bring back in every part. plus then they got the puzzle wrong so many times, wtf? ( i guess frazzeled)

i chalk it up to katie being so super dumb, that that dumbness poured over into tina, and laura is... ruperts wife.(she looked like a pretty good swimmer tho)

the next to go for that tribe is laura, then merge. or laura then monica then merge.

really no way for the men tribe to loose,

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
i don't get it, no homo but hayden's a pretty good looking guy, already a BB winner (he ain't broke) and a C list celebrity, why is he with kat? ?
If I were Hayden I'd be showing up this season with both Parvati and Amanda.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I don't see how Hayden is with Kat either. He was pretty cool and well-liked on his season of BB and has been pretty smart/observant during Survivor. These are all the exact opposite of what Kat is.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I love it. Kat is so fucking stupid this is exactly how she got voted off last time, begging and pleading. It was a high-five moment in this household.
actually she was responding rashly to the "i'm a dumb 22yr old" comments but kept on thinking and saying blindsides are cool, if they happen, and she thought she was blindsiding the black girl goat.

this might or might not be a kat/hayden spoiler
While the two were talking, Elissa actually revealed a bit "Survivor: Blood vs. Water" spoiler. She said that Hayden Moss is playing in this season of "Survivor" and even went as far as to say that he makes it to the final four. She feels like he is really competitive and a really nice guy. For Elissa to know how far he makes it, viewers can assume that Kat Edorrson went home earlier and is telling their friends. Elissa actually admits that she got out voted out early. After she shared the final four spoiler on Hayden Moss, the live feeds went to fish.
this was during big brother in the summer, for those that don't know, elissa is the sister of rachel riley, and while i can't stand her, is probably top 5 in CBS' eyes of their BB celebs, it was something like elissa was hanging around haydens mom and she said final 4, so far it seems to hold true, kat is voted out early, and come on, she's not gonna last on RI, she's an idiot, i don't think ppl remember this slip up since it was so long ago, i just remember it now (iwas BB)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have a sick feeling Tina is going to get a "floater" win because Gervase/Tyson and Aras/Vytas are going to be too focused on destroying each other (and bringing down the other guys as collateral damage) while she and her daughter float by. She played way before I started watching, but I honestly wonder if she wasn't a floater win her first season too. I know she has contributed to challenges to an extent so far, but she still comes across as one that won't be too much of a threat either way. This season started out flat for me, but got better with time. I still contend there is a lot of potential still for post merge, and I hope they lose RI at that point to make it better... The only one I ended up being bummed at their exit was Brad. In the end I saw so much potential from him, but alas his mouth lost him the game. I do like the loved ones twist, and wouldn't mind it coming back, I'm just not sure if having all new comers would have the same emotional impact if they do it the same way.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bets on how long Hayden and Kat last after the season ending show? I'll start it off with 38 days for my guess!

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It may last awhile. She seems like a pretty good person with self-esteem issues which Hayden can definitely help her get over. He seems ok with her not being too smart either.

Pumpkin Thief

I agree she has self-esteem issues. I don't know that I could agree that at her core she is good. I suppose it's subjective as hell but her getting giddy with delight at the thought of blindsiding people and becoming super sour and declaring it mean and deceptive when it happens to her speaks loudly imo. Seems pretty shallow and non-empathetic to others. Hell, she even tried like hell to get Hayden to swap with her even though she admitted 30 seconds later she was too dumb to win survivor in the end.

You may be right, though. He does seem okay with her in some ways. Hard to tell how much he was just playing to the camera though -- saying what he felt he should say to seem likable. We'll see. I still say 38 days!

I know I bitched and complained about this before but jesus Christ, Probst. Stop fucking manipulating people's feelings about situations/other survivors for your goddamn "drama". Anyone else get annoyed when Jeff called out Hayden's love for Kat and challenging him to switch with her clearly implying that he didn't really care about her if he didn't switch? Jimmies done got Rustled.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i heard a podcast with kim spradling s24 one world winner, she was in a major alliance with kat and was gonna take her to final 3 (cuz kat is dumb who'd vote for her). i guess they're all friends after the show, kat and hayden visited kim and it was implied that even tho kim and kat played survivor together, kat was the third wheel cuz kim was the survivor winner and hayden was the bb winner. this probably speaks volumes of kat's inferiority complex with survivor and her dating a bb winner.

i really don't think kat is evil, she is just really really dumb, her getting all giddy about blindsiding ppl is like a puppy that got a new toy "like omg i can do blindsides lulz", she's just that dumb.

i liked how hayden basically said "look i'll switch with you, but you're dumb, you won't last", i mean he's supposed to be the noob!

the challenge was a joke immediately when probst said "who sitting?" cierra.

anyone see the preview, ha

that's CBS saying "look jon you did good, but we don't like you, and we want lauraM back in the game" so they have the stupid totem pole which, unless your ozzy, you're not gonna win as a male, and lauraB ain't winning nuttin ha it's between jon and lauraM.

i might be wrong, but i don't really remember males winning any endurance stand on one spot/hold onto this thing, males just have more body mass and density. i think lauraM actually won one or two of these too

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I know I bitched and complained about this before but jesus Christ, Probst. Stop fucking manipulating people's feelings about situations/other survivors for your goddamn "drama". Anyone else get annoyed when Jeff called out Hayden's love for Kat and challenging him to switch with her clearly implying that he didn't really care about her if he didn't switch? Jimmies done got Rustled.
Have you seen reality TV?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I personally love the endurance challenges and I'm pretty sure men have won some of them.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Bets on how long Hayden and Kat last after the season ending show? I'll start it off with 38 days for my guess!
Man, what does Hayden see in her? She just comes off as really dumb and her looks aren't anything special. Maybe she's a really cool person or something irl, but Survivor sure does a terrible job of showing it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was cringing when she was hugging Hayden goodbye. Instead of being a normal person and saying "Good luck" or "I love you" to your significant other, she was genuinely asking him/begging him to not break up with her. Haha. WTF...

Pumpkin Thief

Remarkable. During that exact scene I told my brother, "This is the first time I have literally cringed and had to glance away from some uncomfortable shit where I was actually embarrassed for someone on the TV".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man, what does Hayden see in her? She just comes off as really dumb and her looks aren't anything special. Maybe she's a really cool person or something irl, but Survivor sure does a terrible job of showing it.
We'd all fuck her man, she's not ugly. Actually she's pretty attractive if she doesn't talk.