Survivor

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I need to dig around the net for some post-season interviews. I really want to hear Jason and Scott's take on the season now in retrospect. I am sure the internet thinks their game play was just as terrible as we do and have criticized them. I'd like to know if they can be self critical at this point and realize their mistakes, or if they are just as arrogant and ignorant as they were during the game.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I need to dig around the net for some post-season interviews. I really want to hear Jason and Scott's take on the season now in retrospect. I am sure the internet thinks their game play was just as terrible as we do and have criticized them. I'd like to know if they can be self critical at this point and realize their mistakes, or if they are just as arrogant and ignorant as they were during the game.
They kept acting like bitter women I'm sure. Just watch Cydney's Ponderosa and you'll have no doubts they were a big part of making sure Audrey didn't win. Julia continued to be a big fucking cunt too.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also want to reiterate how shitty that reunion episode was. So much of it eaten up by Drew Carrey for no god damn reason at all and "Cousin Itt" for what should have been a <1min bit. All that wasted time could have been reunion gold with Probst calling out Scott and Jason's dumbassery. Probably the worst / most wasted reunion episode that I can think of.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, every year it seems like he has less and less time to talk to people. He used to askeveryplayer at least one question, and now he'll talk to maybe six at most. They really need to cut down on the extra fluff (they could even cut down on the number of clips they show before/after commercials) or give the reunion another half hour.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
From what I heard the cousin IT episode was actually totally unplanned and Probst had no idea that she was going to do that. I believe it based on how flustered he got and the fact that it was a long ass time until the first commercial break. I don't think that they need to talk to every contestant (Hey Darnell, remember when you pooped in the ocean a long time ago? What was up with that?) but not even talking to Cydney was pretty egregious. I got home at 10PM and decided to watch the whole thing so by the reunion show it was way past my bedtime and I was doing a lot of fast forwarding but it seemed pretty lame.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Translation: I had no idea WTF was going on which is why I never once voted for the person that was going home.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also want to reiterate how shitty that reunion episode was. So much of it eaten up by Drew Carrey for no god damn reason at all and "Cousin Itt" for what should have been a <1min bit. All that wasted time could have been reunion gold with Probst calling out Scott and Jason's dumbassery. Probably the worst / most wasted reunion episode that I can think of.
Probst would never rag on a NBA "star", anyboy w/ more than youtube celebrity is a god in Probsts eyes and cannot be touched. I mean who can forget his man crush culpepper, and he literally almost fell off his chair when that facts of life bitch almost won, somehow she made it final three.

list of "celebs"
Retired Athletes Jimmy Johnson (NFL Coach) Tyler Fredrickson (NFL) Brad Culpepper (NFL) Grant Mattos (NFL) Gary Hogeboom (NFL) Steve Wright (NFL) David Samson (MLB Owner) John Rocker (MLB) Jeff Kent (MLB) Cliff Robinson (NBA) Crystal Cox (Olympics)

Acting Lisa Welchel (Facts of Life)

Also the reunion show was basically

Hey America! Remember how you liked the underdog, a skinny, gay, tiny, immigrant asian guy who fled his war torn country to come here! (not really, he's in Canada) and live out the dream of being Sole Survivor!

TAI!

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The reunion shows have gotten so terrible, on so many levels. It is obvious stuff also, like bringing the whole cast in and only talking to 7 of them. They didn't even do as much as focus the camera on or introduce the other people. Probst is too smart to not hear the criticism or be embarrassed by how they are using the time. Cousin Itt, Drew Carey, Dr Joe... you fucking kidding me? Jason, on the podcast, said Cousin Itt was in the greenroom ahead of the show with the cast. So Probst "What's going on here? This is unscripted!" was total bullshit.

After they read the votes, and the winner gets their 5 minutes and the first commercial break. They need to come back to set and Probst should introduce all of the cast, letting the audience clap and cheer (boo) for all the people. That is the bottom line, bare minimum way you respect your show and the people on it. From there, let the jury explain their votes, in retrospect of watching the entire season. Save your most popular person/storyline for the end, and hit the other cast members in-between with their 30 seconds question/answer. It is live TV, but you can still rehearse and script this out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just based on how it feels watching it, it seems like there's a ton more commercials. The commercials almost always have a lead in with a wide shot of the audience, and end with another 30-60 seconds of clips. If you cut out some of that, you could afford to talk to half the cast.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The reunion shows have gotten so terrible, on so many levels. It is obvious stuff also, like bringing the whole cast in and only talking to 7 of them. They didn't even do as much as focus the camera on or introduce the other people. Probst is too smart to not hear the criticism or be embarrassed by how they are using the time. Cousin Itt, Drew Carey, Dr Joe... you fucking kidding me? Jason, on the podcast, said Cousin Itt was in the greenroom ahead of the show with the cast. So Probst "What's going on here? This is unscripted!" was total bullshit.

After they read the votes, and the winner gets their 5 minutes and the first commercial break. They need to come back to set and Probst should introduce all of the cast, letting the audience clap and cheer (boo) for all the people. That is the bottom line, bare minimum way you respect your show and the people on it. From there, let the jury explain their votes, in retrospect of watching the entire season. Save your most popular person/storyline for the end, and hit the other cast members in-between with their 30 seconds question/answer. It is live TV, but you can still rehearse and script this out.
They probably tone down and check the audience to unbearable levels, i'm sure since Jerri got boo'd.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
From what I heard the cousin IT episode was actually totally unplanned and Probst had no idea that she was going to do that. I believe it based on how flustered he got and the fact that it was a long ass time until the first commercial break. I don't think that they need to talk to every contestant (Hey Darnell, remember when you pooped in the ocean a long time ago? What was up with that?) but not even talking to Cydney was pretty egregious. I got home at 10PM and decided to watch the whole thing so by the reunion show it was way past my bedtime and I was doing a lot of fast forwarding but it seemed pretty lame.
I think not talking to Neal was fairly egregious as well. First guy to ever get voted out of a jury. It would've been interesting to hear his thoughts on that and how things might've differed had he gotten to stay. It amazed me that they barely touched on one of the biggest twists in the game in recent years aside from Probst saying they were planning it for seven years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think not talking to Neal was fairly egregious as well. First guy to ever get voted out of a jury. It would've been interesting to hear his thoughts on that and how things might've differed had he gotten to stay. It amazed me that they barely touched on one of the biggest twists in the game in recent years aside from Probst saying they were planning it for seven years.
cuz him getting kicked off didn't matter

tai's extra vote didn't matter

super idol didn't surface

All this super game shit didn't matter and it's the producers flip the sandbox and be emo kids.

Joe's backed up shit decided the game (screwed over audry) more than anything the producers tried to throw in there.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
cuz him getting kicked off didn't matter

tai's extra vote didn't matter

super idol didn't surface

All this super game shit didn't matter and it's the producers flip the sandbox and be emo kids.

Joe's backed up shit decided the game (screwed over audry) more than anything the producers tried to throw in there.
Claiming the super idol and extra votes didn't matter is pretty ignorant. Just because they aren't actually played does not mean they didn't have a big impact on the game. Vote results changed simply because people knew others had idols and special advantages. Granted, Tai completely blew the way he played his but it sure as shit kept him safe for many votes.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Claiming the super idol and extra votes didn't matter is pretty ignorant. Just because they aren't actually played does not mean they didn't have a big impact on the game. Vote results changed simply because people knew others had idols and special advantages. Granted, Tai completely blew the way he played his but it sure as shit kept him safe for many votes.
FOR THE PRODUCERS!

nothing game changing cool happened for them to show on tv.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
FOR THE PRODUCERS!

nothing game changing cool happened for them to show on tv.
I still give them (producers) a pass on the idol / advantage. They just happened to fall into the hands of the most incompetent players this season. (Jason, Scott, and Tai)

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I heard apodcastyesterday where somebody had talked to Jason after the finale and he said that he wasn't aware of how much Aubrey had controlled the game and he didn't think most of the jury was either. He said that Aubrey had described it at length at the final tribal (which wasn't shown) but they just didn't believe her. They felt that the only reason that Aubrey had gotten as far as she had was because Joe was in her pocket but now that he has watched the season he feels that Aubrey played the best game and she should have won.

He said that he couldn't speak for the rest of the Michelle votes but that he and Julia had talked and agreed that they would both have voted Aubrey knowing what they know now. This fits with what Julia said in some exit interviews (she said Aubrey was "killing it" but that she didn't see it on the island). This doesn't do Aubrey any good, and it doesn't explain the people who *did* see Aubrey's game (Debbie and Cydney) and still voted Michelle, but it does reduce my dislike for Jason somewhat.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not sure I buy it. That sounds more like trying to cover their own asses after all the fan backlash than anything. It's not like Joe was some power player physically or socially that could be said to have contributed to Aubry's success that much. It's not like he had any shot of winning the game. At best, he was a coattail rider, but more accurately he was just so nonthreatening that no one really ever seriously considered getting rid of him post-merge. The only real contribution he provided her was being an extra vote - ie being loyal to his alliance. It doesn't explain all of the other people that voted with Aubry week after week making her the only person to have been on the winning side of a vote each week.

Did they not believe her or did they just notwantto believe her?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Well, I think that they were definitely prejudiced by the narrative that they had given themselves going in. Also, most people who have been on a jury say that they already had their mind made up who they were voting for and very few people are swayed by what is said at the FTC even if they say that their vote is up for grabs.