Survivor

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't understand the hate for Michelle. The "salty" jury was even brought up, but Julia voted for Michelle.

If you look at who was voted out, Michelle was incredibly smart in her alliances and it showed. She stuck by Cydney to keep her vote, she made the smarter decision between Joe and Neal, she had a decently strong alliance with Julia, Jason, and Scott, Nick was probably her closest ally after Julia, and I think she was even on good terms with Debbie.

Aubrey on the other hand pretty much voted out most of those people. While you can call that "playing the game harder," it still means you have a lot of blood on your hands. Michelle was part of a lot of those votes out, but she let someone else take the fall for it.

And probably biggest of all is winning the final two challenges. If she hadn't won any and it was just an "Aubrey voted out everyone else" and she still won, I could see being disappointed. But Michelle played a solid game. It wasn't masterful, which is why (among other reasons) this wasn't a strong season, but it was definitely good enough to win without people bitching about it.
Sorry but this is nonsense. Michelle was a passive player whose only attributes were that she stayed under the radar and won the last 2 challenges. Seeing who voted for her confirms that it was a cool kid thing and/or butthurt jury. Not voting for the person who got you out is the definition of a salty jury, and it wasn't like Russell Hantz who treated everyone like shit the whole season. Julia and Nick I can see voting Michelle because they were allied with her for a lot of the game but the 3 brawn votes were just butthurt. I don't "hate" Michelle, she was just clearly not the best player this season.

So Michelle won 4-3? I assumed Aubrey only got 2 votes since that's all they read. If that is true then there would have been a tie without the "vote out a jury member" twist?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Sorry but this is nonsense. Michelle was a passive player whose only attributes were that she stayed under the radar and won the last 2 challenges. Seeing who voted for her confirms that it was a cool kid thing and/or butthurt jury. Not voting for the person who got you out is the definition of a salty jury, and it wasn't like Russell Hantz who treated everyone like shit the whole season. Julia and Nick I can see voting Michelle because they were allied with her for a lot of the game but the 3 brawn votes were just butthurt. I don't "hate" Michelle, she was just clearly not the best player this season.

So Michelle won 4-3? I assumed Aubrey only got 2 votes since that's all they read. If that is true then there would have been a tie without the "vote out a jury member" twist?
Ianx said she got Cydney, Jason, Scot, Nick, Julia, so 5 - 2. I completely agree with you though, everyone I know that we watch together felt the same way. Michelle was such a non factor compared to Aubry. Not having to go to tribal for 22 days, not making any significant moves. She didn't ride coat tails, but she didn't do anything. In a normal season (normal used ironically) the jury could see what Aub went through and had to do to get to the final three. She had Joe as the only ally and was a doughy nerd competing against Tai, Cyd, Scott, Michelle, etc... for immunity and rewards. Jury was confirmed buttmad.

We also laughed about how at the jury the socially awkward nerd that spent the first two weeks crying in the tent was the only one sticking up for herself and claiming she deserved to win, while Tai and Michelle started bawling in tears and were all woe is me.

Sucks to not get any comments from Cyd at reunion though, and I'd welcome her back for another season. Glad douche Dr. didn't get any highlights or mentions, guy was a turd.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also don't forget FTC is just for the viewers, FTC has ZERO impact on Jury decisions, as every Juror has already said they've made up their mind already, sure there's gonna be that weak minded idiot who gets swayed by a good Jury speech, but no every survivor loser has said they knew who they'd vote for, way in advance.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh for sure, it is always a good laugh when they're like, 'i honestly don't know who I'm voting for! So your answers tonight really matter!'

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Thinking this season over, the crutch of the entire win by Michelle is b/c of

Survivor+kaoh+rong+joe+hates+the+dumb+ball.jpg

Constipation saved Michelle, she was gone if the old man took his One-A-Day fiber.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thinking this season over, the crutch of the entire win by Michelle is b/c of

Survivor+kaoh+rong+joe+hates+the+dumb+ball.jpg

Constipation saved Michelle, she was gone if the old man took his One-A-Day fiber.
On same the token if Tai doesn't pull a Woo, Aubry is gone. I couldn't believe he didn't vote her out. How many more people are going to pull this?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Also new theme Millenials vs. Genx, just viewing that quick segment, seams like not a single piece of eye candy, like they went out of their way to get "television ugly" ppl.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Also new theme Millenials vs. Genx, just viewing that quick segment, seams like not a single piece of eye candy, like they went out of their way to get "television ugly" ppl.
That was painful to watch. It had the extreme of each group and their views. My biggest complaint of Survivor is the manufactured drama and that promo was packed with it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
BvBvB had some smoking hot women (Anna & Liz) that were all gone in the first few votes. I don't think it matters anymore!

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, whatever the gimmick is just gives people something to talk about for the first couple weeks. As soon as the merge approaches the Gen X vs Millennials shit will just disappear and it will just be survivor again. Just like every season it's all about if they cast good personalities.

And yeah it was super stupid of Tai not to vote out Aubrey but he wasn't winning regardless so I'm glad we got to see the fire making challenge. I don't think it would have changed the outcome anyway since Scot and Jason seemed even more butt hurt with Cydney than they were with Aubrey so I think Michelle wins either way.

It really struck me that whoever that weird woman was sat there and watched Cydney crying about trying to help her mother get out of debt and get health insurance and then gave $100k to Tai because he turned a chicken loose to either starve to death or be torn apart by a predator instead of chopping his head off. What a hero.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It really struck me that whoever that weird woman was sat there and watched Cydney crying about trying to help her mother get out of debt and get health insurance and then gave $100k to Tai because he turned a chicken loose to either starve to death or be torn apart by a predator instead of chopping his head off. What a hero.
I mean, you saw what she, he, it, was wearing right? There was a thought that, "I'm going to go on stage and donate $100,000 to animal rights and this guy that saved a chicken, on national TV, on the #1 rated show. What should I wear? Let's see.... Oh I know, my Cousin It costume from last Halloween." I mean wtf, that was embarassing.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
What a fucking disappointing ending to an otherwise fantastic season. I don't think I would've had a hard time putting this season in my top 10 (maybe even my top 5) if not for how it ended. I don't think I've ever been this disappointed in how a season turned out before. There have been plenty of seasons where who I've wanted to win didn't but I always at least felt like there was a good reason for it. Even when Russell Hantz lost, I could sort of understand why.

They couldn't even give Michelle a winner's edit she was that weak of a player.

That was painful to watch. It had the extreme of each group and their views. My biggest complaint of Survivor is the manufactured drama and that promo was packed with it.
From the theme, next season looks like it's going to be blue/white collar vs. no collar, though even the Millennials they showed had a no collar vibe about them. I hope there are at least a handful of players I don't want to punch from the first episode.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, whatever the gimmick is just gives people something to talk about for the first couple weeks. As soon as the merge approaches the Gen X vs Millennials shit will just disappear and it will just be survivor again. Just like every season it's all about if they cast good personalities.

And yeah it was super stupid of Tai not to vote out Aubrey but he wasn't winning regardless so I'm glad we got to see the fire making challenge. I don't think it would have changed the outcome anyway since Scot and Jason seemed even more butt hurt with Cydney than they were with Aubrey so I think Michelle wins either way.

"I could not bring Mark home. My neighbor would've killed me or called the cops on me. I asked Jeff to find a good home for him, so Mark stayed with production, and he was the production's mascot. Everyone let him walk around on location, and I think one day he was just tired of that thing and he lived out his years, so I think he went back to chicken heaven now. He's no longer with us. But he lived a great life, and he was part of the tribe; he left his legacy behind."

Now remember that this season was done b4 S31, so he's basically saying chicken just croaked? how long do chickens live?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
We have 20ish chickens and they do just drop dead sometimes. I think that they can live like 5 years or more but they never last that long around here because they don't lay as many eggs after the first couple years.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This season really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It started out strong. Pre-merge, Survivor always struggles to find decent storylines, but they did this time around. The BvBvB gimmick worked pretty well and strong players were being voted out (evac'd out), creating compelling episodes. The problem with that, we were left with a weaker, less interesting players to try and carry the show down the stretch.

Julia is very impressive for an 18 year old. Her final tribal speech to Tai and Michelle laid out their games so plainly and succinctly. Tai started strong and ended horribly. Michelle is the female Fabio. Largely seen as a joke player the first 30 days. Kept around as a swing vote. Not a threat to anyone's game because she sucked at everything. Then, once all the good players were removed from the game, she was just good enough to rattle-off a string of challenge victories.

So, you have Aubry. Clearly the best player of the season. She was smarter than everyone. She pushed herself past her abilities in challenges, purely with effort. She established relationships and alliances that were stronger than anyone else's. And, god damn could she give a great interview. Female Cochrane 2.0

So, what happened? I think Scott and Jason happened... They are two of the most despicable-chauvinist-assholes to ever play the game.

Tai didn't express himself well, but Scott and Jason were intimidating. They were bullies. They would have treated him like their bitch to the end of the game. So, when Aubry presented Tai the option to switch alliances, he jumped at it. Tai had to take the action, but Aubry made it possible. Neither Jason or Scott have it in them to admit that "ugly Aubry" might actually be better than them at something.

Nick and Cydney, meh. I don't know whether their were influenced by Scott and Jason, or if they just played their own "bitter-jury-card" and voted Michelle. Either way, they are just two examples of shitty players that should have never been cast in the first place.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Season 32 Player Rankings

Darnell Hamilton: D
-Darnell's time was short. He made the fatal error of stepping up to a challenge he had no business stepping up to. He failed and he put a target on his back immediately when he should have just laid low and established alliances.

Jennifer Lanzetti: F
-Bug ears. I think that little bug ate some of her brain, because she went full retard in tribal and got herself voted out by her own alliance.

Elisabeth "Liz" Markham: D+
-Played too hard, too fast. Turned her tribemates against her. Didn't establish an alliance with numbers.

Caleb Reynolds: B
-Needs another shot at the game. He was looking like a triple threat.

Alecia Holden: C-
-She is basically Michelle, but was inexplicably put on Brawn tribe, instead of the Beauty. She ran into the Scot/Jason buzz-saw and never had a realistic chance. She was scrappy and the fight she put up was commendable.

Anna Khait: C
-Hot as fuck. Smart. Potential triple threat, but she never got a chance to show much. Destroyed by an untimely re-shuffle.

Peter Baggenstos: F-
-The ego on this guy... He thought he was a shot caller, and everyone was rolling their eye's at him behind his back.

Neal Gottlieb: B
-Smart, good social game, moderate threat in challenges, and was resourceful enough to find an idol. Had similar potential to Caleb to make a run to the end game before he was pulled.

Nick Maiorano: C-
-He showed flashes of athletic and strategic prowess, but ultimately nobody really liked him or trusted him. Not a lot of substance here.

Debbie Wanner: C
-Annoying, crazy, hilarious, glamour model, old hag, chemist, homeless person, loyal, headstrong, over confident, tactless...Entertaining

Scot Pollard: C-
-On his own, Scot was a challenge monster that seemed half-way rational and could treat people respectably. Teamed up with Jason, they become a two headed monster, enabling the worst in each other.

Julia Sokolowski: B+
-The most impressive showing by an 18 year old in the history of the show. Wise beyond her years. Her tribe placement at the beginning probably started her down a path to ultimate failure. I think if she was on the Brains, she might have been sitting next to Aubry at the end.

Kyle Jason: C+
-Strong personality, strong in challenges... and a total asshole. If he cannot relate to someone on a physical or "bro" level, he will degrade them, and use them to the point he cannot use them anymore and throw them out with the trash. Too arrogant to see himself and anything other than the hero of his own story.

Joseph "Joe" Del Campo: D-
-One of the worst casting decisions they have made. Respect to the old geezer for lasting as long as he did, but he never earned his spot in the game. This game is more than just sitting on a log all day and poking at a fire. He wasn't just slow physically, but mentally he let Aubry do all the thinking for him. Shame on you Probst/Burnett, shame on you.

Cydney Gillon: B-
-Cydney was not like-able... but she did make some big moves, at key points in the game. She established strong alliances when she needed to, broke them, made new ones. She never had a realistic chance at winning, but she did play the game.

Tai Trang: B-
-Tai started at an A+ and continually undermined himself week after week, plunging down to a B- at the end. He is a sweet man, with a great story, quirky morals, and all together endearing... but he is not smart. He cannot communicate his ideas and was easily manipulated by his competitors.

Aubry Bracco: A-
-She was playing Chess and the rest of the cast was playing Checkers. From a physical standpoint, women don't have it easy on this show and she pushed her limits further than anyone. Aubry was able to masterfully orchestrate most of the vote outs, without ever getting blood on her own hands directly. Her downfall was a block stacking puzzle at the very end and not showing any emotion at the final jury. She failed to appeal to people's hearts. She was close, but not able to step up in the biggest moments.

Michele Fitzgerald: C+
-Worthless coattail rider, swing voter, crying girl "I'm proud of myself", to a bitter-jury vote getting winner. But, she proved her spot on the beauty tribe with her after-show performance. Damn girl, stunning.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Man, Aubry got robbed. I didn't really mind Michelle winning and she was a pleasant enough person, but I don't see how she wins against Aubry. Ah well.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
This season really left a bitter taste in my mouth.

It started out strong. Pre-merge, Survivor always struggles to find decent storylines, but they did this time around. The BvBvB gimmick worked pretty well and strong players were being voted out (evac'd out), creating compelling episodes. The problem with that, we were left with a weaker, less interesting players to try and carry the show down the stretch.

Julia is very impressive for an 18 year old. Her final tribal speech to Tai and Michelle laid out their games so plainly and succinctly. Tai started strong and ended horribly. Michelle is the female Fabio. Largely seen as a joke player the first 30 days. Kept around as a swing vote. Not a threat to anyone's game because she sucked at everything. Then, once all the good players were removed from the game, she was just good enough to rattle-off a string of challenge victories.

So, you have Aubry. Clearly the best player of the season. She was smarter than everyone. She pushed herself past her abilities in challenges, purely with effort. She established relationships and alliances that were stronger than anyone else's. And, god damn could she give a great interview. Female Cochrane 2.0

So, what happened? I think Scott and Jason happened... They are two of the most despicable-chauvinist-assholes to ever play the game.

Tai didn't express himself well, but Scott and Jason were intimidating. They were bullies. They would have treated him like their bitch to the end of the game. So, when Aubry presented Tai the option to switch alliances, he jumped at it. Tai had to take the action, but Aubry made it possible. Neither Jason or Scott have it in them to admit that "ugly Aubry" might actually be better than them at something.

Nick and Cydney, meh. I don't know whether their were influenced by Scott and Jason, or if they just played their own "bitter-jury-card" and voted Michelle. Either way, they are just two examples of shitty players that should have never been cast in the first place.
Completely agree with this. Scott and Jason really fucked up the season thinking they were masterful game players.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nick was the other vote for Aubry which makes sense. He didn't get far enough in the game post-merge to become nearly as bitter as some of the rest of the players. He also didn't really seem to be the type to take things so personally, so I think he was one of the only ones that didn't vote purely based on emotion.

Cydney said she and Michelle were a lot closer than what was shown, so she was just voting for her buddy (ie emotion). I suppose the same could be said for Julia, though Ponderosa proved she had some bitterness (which is dumb considering she was the one to flip onheralliance).

Debbie? Who the hell knows? Nick told Aubry to be confident, but I wouldn't be surprised if that cost her Debbie's vote. She really seems like the type that could be easily swayed by Michelle's tears.

Completely agree with this. Scott and Jason really fucked up the season thinking they were masterful game players.
Their biggest downfall was really each other. They both wanted to play like Russell and reinforced each other's playstyle to the point where they were blind to how it was costing them - hence why their alliances kept flipping on them. You can't have two Russells in an alliance, not if that's going to make it evident to people exactly how you're playing the game. Russell also didn't act like a little bitch when things didn't go his way and was able to cause chaos without doing something so stupid as to put out the fire in front of everyone.

I wouldn't be against seeing Jason return if they ever do HvV2. He showed at least some intelligence with strategy, and I think he could've been a good player under better circumstances (like not starting off on such a horrible tribe). He also had somewhat of a sense of humor. Scot seemed like little more than an overgrown baby for most of the season, and I can't really see him bringing anything of value to another season.

Joseph "Joe" Del Campo: D-
-One of the worst casting decisions they have made. Respect to the old geezer for lasting as long as he did, but he never earned his spot in the game. This game is more than just sitting on a log all day and poking at a fire. He wasn't just slow physically, but mentally he let Aubry do all the thinking for him. Shame on you Probst/Burnett, shame on you.
When he first said he was a former FBI interrogator, I figured he was really going to be worth watching. Apparently "Getting it done at 71" means hobbling through challenges and not having a single original thought. I'd say he was one of the most inconsequential players to ever make it as far in the game if it wasn't for the fact that his inability to control his eating and defective colon didn't fuck Aubry over and, in all likelihood, cost her the game.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I agree with you guys that pretty much everything bad about this season can be blamed on Jason and Scot. I do think that either of them would have been bearable alone but when they got together they created an echo chamber that let them believe that their shitty survivor playing was actually good survivor playing and somehow the people who beat them fair and square didn't deserve to win. I guess Jason had a secret scene where he said that Aubrey played a "terrible" game and never had a plan and blah blah blah. Just shows that he was completely delusional about what went on.