Survivor

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would've been more inclined to believe Tony didn't have a chance in hell, until I saw the "fallout" from the LJ vote. After that, I knew that Woo and Trish were wrapped around his finger.

Theyreallyneed to separate people at Ponderosa, in my opinion. I think the possibility of collusion is way too great with them all sitting there discussing things for days.

Kass has got to be one of the most unlikeable people in recent memory. She has such a grating personality.

I really think people overestimate how great of a player Spencer is. He's definitely been a solid player and you could make the argument that he's never had the numbers to be great, but great players figure out a way to work against the numbers. Russel was outnumbered as hell, yet pretty much ran the game by playing off of other people's weaknesses.
Yep, my respect for Spencer plummeted after this weeks show. I do not understand how he and Tasha came to the conclusion that teaming up with Woo and Kass was a logical move (at best it forces a tie) and a safe bet with a lap dog and a woman who has already screwed you over hard before. Playing Tony was working for them... why not keep with what was working?

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yep, my respect for Spencer plummeted after this weeks show. I do not understand how he and Tasha came to the conclusion that teaming up with Woo and Kass was a logical move (at best it forces a tie) and a safe bet with a lap dog and a woman who has already screwed you over hard before. Playing Tony was working for them... why not keep with what was working?
Unlike Trish, Kass, and Woo, Spencer and Tasha know that they have to get rid of Tony to have a chance at winning the game. Flushing the one idol they know he has makes him vulnerable one week earlier than if they didn't. (Of course, they don't know that it wouldn't matter either way).

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gonna rage if its Woo, Trish and Kass final 3, don't think there could be a worse final 3 out of all the contestants, maybe drop Woo for Sarah.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Why? Trish has played a decent game, and she's pretty aware of what's going on. I'd argue that the only reason Tony is in the position he is in is because of her.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
My opinion on Trish will be decided over the next couple of episodes. She's shown she's someone who is willing to make moves, but she's also someone who has gone into autopilot once she found herself in a comfortable position in the game. She seems to be a person who has a good sense of the game, and I feel probably does a lot more strategizing than we see, but I think we'll get a better sense of what kind of player she is once the alliance has to start cannibalizing itself.

Zx88_sl

shitlord
I didn't understand Tony's vote for Trish.... To me it made more sense to give her the idol and keep their 2 person alliance intact, while taking out Woo. I'd be interested in hearing his thought process for that vote. And I must say I'm really digging Kass' plays. She'll get no credit from the jury for it but from an outsiders perspective, she's really doing a great job of instilling doubt in that core alliance. I thought it was great to see how she played Tony and exposed him like she did.

Grimey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't understand Tony's vote for Trish.... To me it made more sense to give her the idol and keep their 2 person alliance intact, while taking out Woo. I'd be interested in hearing his thought process for that vote. And I must say I'm really digging Kass' plays. She'll get no credit from the jury for it but from an outsiders perspective, she's really doing a great job of instilling doubt in that core alliance. I thought it was great to see how she played Tony and exposed him like she did.
Too bad she had to turn the bitchiness up to 11. When you flip off a jury member that you just voted off that's called TERRIBLE SOCIAL GAMEPLAY.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I think it's lose/lose whether he votes for Trish or Woo, either one has a solid chance of winning at the end (with Trish probably having a better one since she's not an airhead). Kinda funny that at this stage it's basically up to Kass/Woo on who gets to win the game, I'd be very surprised if either of those two get any votes.

edit: I fucking lost it when Tony was making crazy noises at Kass

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think if Spencer gets immunity one more time he can win at Jury. Other than that Tony is a shoe-in.

This week showed me the huge difference between Survivor and Big Brother. When people get exposed like Tony was this week. They get voted out 9 times out of 10 on Big Brother(unless you're Dr. Will or Dan) but in my limited 2 seasons of Survivor they have a really good chance of staying. /boggle

Why couldn't they have done the mud challenge while Morgan, Alexis, and Jefra were still there? Those fuckers at CBS are evil people waiting till the ugly ones are left.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Tony should have played the idol for Trish and voted out Woo. Trish wasn't turning her back on him, Woo obviously had (and he knew it, based off of his vote), and it would have been seen as another great play from the jury's perspective.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Amazing episode right there. Spencer continues to hang in there but might need just a little more of that magic next week. He keeps impressing me with his composure. He scrambles as one in his position should, but never seems frantic or super desperate. Kass really believes she can beat Tony at end-jury, just blows my mind. She is oblivious as to how she is perceived and compounded that with her ungracious gesture to Trish as she left from TC.

I feel reasonably confident that the winner this season will deserve to win. If Woo wins, he might not deserve it, but I could live with it.

When Tony was at peak paranoia and having it out with Kass, I thought I might piss myself; goddamn his self-centered logic is gold. Llama. "Lamb-ah" lolz

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That tribal was hilarious. Even Jeff couldn't stop laughing.

And yeah, I'm good with whoever wins. Kass obviously won't. I've watched enough to see that everyone hates her (at best she could get maybe 2 votes). Spencer is probably the most deserving, but I feel like a lot of it has been luck and good timing on his part. Tony has played a much better game overall I think, but it's been a little too in your face. And Woo likely won't win unless people are just super upset at Tony/Kass.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fuck this jury, they are the most bitter pieces of shit.

i hope it's final two
i hope it's tony and kass in the end

then this jury will just decide the lesser of two evils. they hate tony, he's only going to win with kass. if spencer is gone next week and woo is still in, he wins!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Spencer is probably the most deserving, but I feel like a lot of it has been luck and good timing on his part. Tony has played a much better game overall I think, but it's been a little too in your face.
You are on crack. Tony is barely mediocre. Spencer has had terrible luck the whole game. The only reason he is still here is that he has won a shit load of immunities but most of the stuff that has gone against him wasn't his fault.

I don't get Tony voting for Trish either but he is the kind of dude that would make a play just to be on the winning team when he knows which way it's going, so maybe Woo told him he was going to vote Trish. Playing the idol for Trish would have been the smart move but maybe he decided he didn't want to go to the end with Trish.

I think Spencer pretty much has to win immunity all the way to make the final 2. Kass and Woo are going to do the math and realize that they would rather sit next to Tony, or at least I would in their place. I don't think that they have a chance either way, but I don't think anyone wants to go against Spencer. My only consolation when he gets voted out will be watching him explain to them what terrible players they are at the final tribal.

Is this the fist time the finale has been on a Wednesday instead of a Sunday? I'm glad it is since I already have like 5 shows that I'm watching on Sunday night right now, but I don't recall them doing that before.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
You are on crack. Tony is barely mediocre. Spencer has had terrible luck the whole game. The only reason he is still here is that he has won a shit load of immunities but most of the stuff that has gone against him wasn't his fault.

I don't get Tony voting for Trish either but he is the kind of dude that would make a play just to be on the winning team when he knows which way it's going, so maybe Woo told him he was going to vote Trish. Playing the idol for Trish would have been the smart move but maybe he decided he didn't want to go to the end with Trish.

I think Spencer pretty much has to win immunity all the way to make the final 2. Kass and Woo are going to do the math and realize that they would rather sit next to Tony, or at least I would in their place. I don't think that they have a chance either way, but I don't think anyone wants to go against Spencer. My only consolation when he gets voted out will be watching him explain to them what terrible players they are at the final tribal.

Is this the fist time the finale has been on a Wednesday instead of a Sunday? I'm glad it is since I already have like 5 shows that I'm watching on Sunday night right now, but I don't recall them doing that before.
You're dumb, Tony has played a solid game and hasn't been an asshole to people unlike Russel. Spencer really hasn't done anything other than convince Tony to vote out Jefra and win two immunity challenges.

And holy shit is that a bitter jury, no one has a chance against Spencer.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
spencer is lucky that he's getting the "woe is me" edit.

i mean he's done nothing game changing, he lost his hidden immunity idol clue, he then used it at the wrong time (reading the group wrong), he's only able to save his own skin by beating out THE WORST immunity challengers ever.

hell if it wasn't for (what i believe) woo cheating on the first immunity challenge (they stood on that triangle, and woo was allowed to wear those grippy finger toe shoes) it would just be spencer and tash winning immunities.

does spencer have shitty luck? yes and no

he's made it this far, with odds obviously against him, with him loosing at every turn.

he hasn't made any "good" moves, yea he tried to make moves, which never worked (and the one move that did, required tash doing 99% of the work and sucking up to the girls in the beach).

if anything, he's the definition of a survivor, he just rolls with it.

1.first elimination, get rid of bossy j'tia, worthless blazer guy gets blindsided
2.loose again, and loose rice due to j'tia, well get rid of this hot mess!, nope poker guy blindsided and he's the only guy left
3.works harder than his whole team, cuz they all physically suck, somehow manages to beat the dumb beauty tribe who couldn't roll a ball.
4.dives, swims, and shoots with all his might... ends up still loosing to the brawn cuz the guy shooting is a former nba player.
5.builds a power 6 is finally "safe" and has it all fucked up by kass
6.wins 1 immunity is actually safe for once
7.next elimination he sees tony making movies
8.tony making moves again
9.looses his idol clue
10.finds idol
11.tony eliminating the other alliance threat, spencer wasted his idol
12.tasha does all the legwork and helps to keep spencer in the game
13.spencer wins immunity, his only alliance member is voted out
14.spencer wins immunity agian

he just has a lot of luck at failing but still in the game. winning immunities help, but that's not "a move" everyone is trying to win, they just all happen to be really really really bad at it.

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You failed to mention under "Tony makes moves" that those moves were influenced by Spencer's social game where Spencer got in Tony's head a little and planted paranoia seeds which was an excellent read on how to create desired causal affectation with Tony. I think Spencer worked to make much of this "luck".

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I gotta agree with Pumpkin. Spencer has been fighting an uphill battle the majority of the time and has managed to stick around and show how good he is. He is constantly planting seeds and doubt and keeps himself alive in the game. I am not sure if he can pull it off, but I hope he makes it to the end.