Survivor

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess not many were watching? Or went to bed early?

I liked the prospect of them having a conversation about "outwit, outlast, outplay" but it needed to be more directed.

Michaela rubs me the wrong way every time she talks. She's really just insufferable. I can't even figure out what she was getting at with Brad knowing stuff about her. Brad honestly should have said, "I don't need to make a great connection with every single person here. We didn't click, so I didn't waste my time."

Could've gone either way with Brad or Sarah. Feels like Sarah played a bit too hard. Her only good moves were really the Sierra thing and the secret advantage. Otherwise she flip flopped back between the alliances over and over and no one really decided she was worth voting out.

Brad played well up until around Sierra, and then had to rely on an immunity streak.

And Troyzan was the typical 3rd wheel, bump on the log, player.

Overall it was an interesting season. Too many "extra" like idols and secret shit. And a few too many newer players that really didn't deserve the 2nd chance.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I guess not many were watching? Or went to bed early?

I liked the prospect of them having a conversation about "outwit, outlast, outplay" but it needed to be more directed.

Michaela rubs me the wrong way every time she talks. She's really just insufferable. I can't even figure out what she was getting at with Brad knowing stuff about her. Brad honestly should have said, "I don't need to make a great connection with every single person here. We didn't click, so I didn't waste my time."

Could've gone either way with Brad or Sarah. Feels like Sarah played a bit too hard. Her only good moves were really the Sierra thing and the secret advantage. Otherwise she flip flopped back between the alliances over and over and no one really decided she was worth voting out.

Brad played well up until around Sierra, and then had to rely on an immunity streak.

And Troyzan was the typical 3rd wheel, bump on the log, player.

Overall it was an interesting season. Too many "extra" like idols and secret shit. And a few too many newer players that really didn't deserve the 2nd chance.
horrible season didn't really give a shit, i just let twitter tell me who won

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Brad fucked up by voting Tai off instead of Sarah. Had he been sitting there with Troyzan and Tai, he wins easy.

I can't complain with either Sarah or Brad winning, and I think Sarah really crushed it the last few weeks so good for her. But at the same time, Brad crushed it from the physical aspect. I guess the jury just put more weight in the social and gameplay part instead of immunity challenges.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Brad just Ozzy'd his way to the final.

After Malcom got screw over, my wife was like, wow this Brad guy can really throw. Then i remind her he used to play football, and shes like "gah, unfair".

An average Joe throwing bean bags at blocks and winning at Carnival games is cool, a former pro athlete? boring as shit.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought it was an ok season with a decent winner considering who was left. It wasn't great, but wasn't horrible outside of the editing. Way too many twists, some of which backfired. All of the big personalities were sent packing before the merge. I think they just need to accept that all star seasons will just have some pre game shenanigans, and just switch up the tribes a bit more to keep them honest. There is no need for that many idols, advantages, and all of the other BS gimmicks (that dual tribal was straight crap). I did like the final tribal format though, and I hope they keep that.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Brad fucked up by voting Tai off instead of Sarah. Had he been sitting there with Troyzan and Tai, he wins easy.

I can't complain with either Sarah or Brad winning, and I think Sarah really crushed it the last few weeks so good for her. But at the same time, Brad crushed it from the physical aspect. I guess the jury just put more weight in the social and gameplay part instead of immunity challenges.
I have a feeling Brad having been an NFL player screwed him. If you've got kind of a toss up slightly in favor of Brad, but your choice is give him another million or a cop, I think the cop becomes a very palatable decision.

Sarah didn't play a bad game, per se. But Brad played significantly better; he burned less bridges and did it in a much cleaner way. I just think he got screwed by life circumstances in this one.

And this season would've been so much better if even one of Tony, JT, or Malcolm had made it to the merge.

• 1Solidarity

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
1. Tai is one of the biggest dummies to play this game and hope he never comes back. There was absolutely no reason to say he had two idols when trying to gain alliances, he has no social game, he's just the nice guy that can't keep his mouth shut when he needs to but gets lucky with idols, which is no better than the crazies like Debbie that make people nervous all the time.

2. Mouth breather winning was a bit disappointing as I don't really believe she made that many game controlling moves from day one which some of the jury implied, of course the big one was she got Sierra to hand over the legacy idol to her, but much like Troyzan she voted wherever the votes were going. Brad was on one dominating alliance, which they gave credit to that to Sierra, but when things flipped he had to work on staying in the game and work on being the dominating alliance yet again.

3. There was indeed a lot of idols, but having that many idols available always brings that extra aspect of splitting votes, and we wouldn't have gotten the history making tribal of 4 idols played, 5 immune players, one person voted out without votes. 1 idol for each camp, 1 legacy advantage, and 1 secret advantage for vote stealing seems good enough though.

4. I LOVE the new format of the final tribal, it's great after 39 days they took more time to discuss the game and it's different aspects with everyone. Instead of having everyone come up one by one with most times they don't say much or even promote any discussion or just plain salty, left it open for secondary opinions and thoughts to come out.

5. Not sure about next season, seems just a different theme of brawns vs beauty vs brain... but without the beauty.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd put the likelihood of Tai coming back at pretty high. Probst has a pretty big hard on for him.

Which, speaking of, his love affair with Cirie was disgusting this season. From the weird shit with her doing the challenge well after it was over, to the tribal without votes where he wanted to sob for her, to the reunion where he slobbered all over dick. I'm glad it sounds like this was it for her because the bias was not fun to watch.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I like Cirie, but that shit was cringe-worthy. I don't get it.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First reunion episode where they really just stuck to topic and asked the cast questions. No lame crowd shenanigans or celeb horseshit like Sia. Tribal format was great. Let the jury discuss the Outwit, Outplay, and Outlast aspects. Despite that, we are once again reminded that jurors are some bitter snowflakes. These are all veteran players and yet, still seemed salty for being "betrayed".

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I watched this a day late but I found it very satisfactory. I found it to be an above average season and the right person won. I was rooting for Aubry but I can't even begin to make a case that she played better than Sarah. I thought maybe Sarah burned too many bridges but I guess you can get away with that in a season where a lot of people were strategic and played hard.

I don't agree that Brad played better than Sarah. He started off well but he was lost in the woods after Sierra got voted out and did jack shit except for winning immunity challenges post-merge. That stuff where he was trying to boss Tai around at the end was just flat stupid. If he had lost even one of those challenges he wouldn't have made it to the end. Good on him for making it to the end and he probably could have won vs. Troy and Tai even if people said it would have been a tie but post-merge he played a pretty poor game in my opinion, especially after he lost Sierra.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Brad's ego made him pull a Colby and essentially gift the million bucks to Sarah for no goddamn reason. He would've crushed Tai and Troyzan. Not to mention, putting Tai on the jury when he's not even going to fucking vote for you? That's not even vindictive/vengeance for Tai "backstabbing" you, that's just plain moronic.

I liked the final tribal format, but 8,000 twists were really unnecessary.

Tattooed eyebrows or not, Sierra is a fucking smokeshow.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game got to Brad in the end. All his wins went to his end and he felt invincible. What he failed to recognize is that the rest of the cast was not nearly enamored with his performance as he was.

If he had watched Tai's season, he would have seen that Tai reacts the opposite way you want him too if you try to strong-arm him. You are not going to be able to use reason or intimidation to get him on your side, he will backstab you. Tai has played the game two times now and played exactly the same way both times.

Sarah winning is a difficult one for me. I just don't like her. Her mouth-breather dumb as fuck looks, her stupid wide-eyed intense look, her neanderthal walk she does on the beach... she annoys me. But, if I put all that aside and only focus on her game, I can respect it. She was the classic, middle of the two alliances swing-voter and she was allowed to be in on every vote without suffering repercussions. Brad should have been pissed off at Sarah, not Tai, at the end of the game and voted her ass out the first opportunity he had.

Good season. Would have been better if all the interesting people did not get picked off so early.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tattooed eyebrows or not, Sierra is a fucking smokeshow.
Undeniably, she is a beautiful woman... but she doesn't really do it for me. She is more runway model-hot, than swimsuit model-hot. Slender, tall, jaw lines and all that. I never really saw her as eye-candy the whole time.

Her knees were definitely too sharp.

• 1Solidarity

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I'm pretty surprised at the praise for this season. I feel like it needs to be compared to other 'all star' seasons even though it technically wasn't an all star season, but it was a season with all people who've played before. Compared to other all returnee seasons I rank this one as the worst I can remember, and also rank it worse than most nub seasons.

I think a combination of a couple things are killing survivor for me. The advantage numbers is getting silly. The editing is getting really wtf. And the way the game is played nowadays has evolved into a shitshow.

The rejects, horrible players and retards typically band together early and in an almost idiot savant way pick off most the real players, but as soon as they get most of them out they all just go full fucking retard and everything turns to shit. The few remaining players can literally do nothing game wise because the retard feedback loop makes it impossible to really work with anyone in any sort of serious or lasting way.

I really felt pretty bad for aubry, ceire (although she seemed to get infected with stupid this season) and brad the last few episodes. Just literally banging their heads against the retard wall the last half of the season.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Undeniably, she is a beautiful woman... but she doesn't really do it for me. She is more runway model-hot, than swimsuit model-hot. Slender, tall, jaw lines and all that. I never really saw her as eye-candy the whole time.

Her knees were definitely too sharp.
doesn't help she was always directly opposite Andrea
101917_d12309b.jpg

She just makes it so that, Sierras only thing is to be a giant.

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Andrea is one of the few, rare women that actually look better without makeup. I'd definitely rate her in the top 5 survivor babes, probably even top 3.

Kellim

Silver Knight of the Realm
Not that Sierra or Andrea (or Michaela for that matter) are unattractive, but how does everyone not bow down at the altar of Hali?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Hali is inferior to Andrea in each and every data point. Hell, Andrea even interviews and talks better than Hali, and she's a fucking lawyer.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I finally watched the finale last night. As soon as Brad chose Sarah over Tai or Aubrey, I knew Sarah had won a million dollars.

The Jury was filled with egotistical morons who saw themselves as social masterminds. They sure as hell were not going to vote for someone that survived by beating them repeatedly in physical challenges - something beneath them. They were going to salve their pride by convincing the world and themselves that Sarah's constant flipping was tactical genius. (Even if it seemed like the vast majority of the immunity challenges were puzzles this season.)