Survivor

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

gak

<Gold Donor>
I think it starts again next Wednesday, dunno the cast but if they're boring hopefully there's some nice titays.
t.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have been out a few seasons of Survivor now, but I watched last night.

I really hate anything "redemption island" related. This looks like it might be one of the worst and most brutal versions of that.

As for the cast, nobody has really stood out as anything interesting or special yet. I guess we will have to give it a few weeks.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I have been out a few seasons of Survivor now, but I watched last night.

I really hate anything "redemption island" related. This looks like it might be one of the worst and most brutal versions of that.

As for the cast, nobody has really stood out as anything interesting or special yet. I guess we will have to give it a few weeks.
did they merge yet? they fucking merge at like 15 now, ha.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Two seasons ago I said I was done with Survivor. But for some reason I decided to give last season a shot. And it didn't disappoint. I was kind of thinking the show had bought itself another season or two of redemption for myself.

But fuck, this one has my two least favorite things; returning players mixed with new ones, and ways for players to get back in after being voted out.

I may check out of this one in a week or two.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Two seasons ago I said I was done with Survivor. But for some reason I decided to give last season a shot. And it didn't disappoint. I was kind of thinking the show had bought itself another season or two of redemption for myself.

But fuck, this one has my two least favorite things; returning players mixed with new ones, and ways for players to get back in after being voted out.

I may check out of this one in a week or two.

it's fun but gets frustrating, the meta for a while has been all the retards form a retard brigade and buttfuck all the people who are there to play the game, then they just retard around until the end with some sort of king retard coasting all the way to the win

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lauren (purple) is hot and I have things for red heads

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah this season wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either, and I absolutely despise the whole redemption isle thing no matter what label you put on it. Completely ruins the game for me. I don't mind it as bad in Big Brother because A: it's on every season and B: it's pretty unintrusive for the most part. First 4 Jury members get a play back, and 9 out of 10 times they are just voted right back out the next week anyway. But Survivor it negates any major moves. Also, if someone like Joe makes it back, they win it hands down just due to the bonds made while marooned. So this one is even extra dumb.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not sure the jury would necessarily vote for someone who gets back into the game at the very end. At least Rick got back in quite some time ago. I hope he wins.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'd be pretty surprised if they gave the win to someone that didn't participate in the second half of the game even if it was Joe or Aubrey. Rick definitely wins if he makes it to the end I think, and he would deserve it, but I can't see them giving it to Joe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Kind of bullshit that a last episode redemption returnee wins. I highly doubt they ever do this format again where they allow the whole jury to socialize for weeks and then reenter. I would think Devins is a lock for the next alumni season, probably Gavin too for getting the shaft.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
God I hope not. Overall the season was meh, but it wasn't terrible. However, this ending was so bad, it even makes Natalie winning over Russell look pretty good in comparison. Dude gets voted out THIRD. Shouldn't even have a voice on the Jury, let alone be 2 completely not out of nowhere moves from the final fucking three. I don't mind playbacks, but they can't just do it pre-merge, they go full fucktard and do it at the very end. Motherfucker went on a hardcore camping trip and played for 3 days at the end and got rewarded a million bucks.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ugh, what a terrible finish to the season. Devens was fucking amazing. Chris really did play the best move possible. It was make fire for the win, or someone else wins.

I will say Lauren is a fucking smokeshow.

Looking forward to seeing Devens on another season, which is almost guaranteed at this point, but it won't be the same when he's not fighting for his life.

Chris took it by basically letting Devens set up the chess board with beatable players, being in a semi immune state for a month, and then step in at the last minute on Rick's save game and win.

The worst part was it created essentially two parallel games. Chris was the only one who played the Edge of Extinction game and built relationships with all those people. In retrospect, it's a bullshit twist. Like, he's the only one who knew Reem.

Reading Reddit, I agree that the producers probably wanted someone like Joe to sweep through it as an easy way to win the game (add in the free idol, too). Worse, EoE players would never hold being out of the game against another EoE player. If they did, it kind of invalidates their own choice to stay on EoE; if you're not worthy because you were on EoE, why did any of them bother to stay. Probably the worst thought out twist they've had.

Last edited:

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Producers should be fired for setting up a scenario where someone who no viewer knows, with no camera time or development, pulls off one of the best big balls winning moves on the show and almost no viewer could give a flying fuck and walks away from the season bitter.

Buy backs that late in the game are pants on head retarded. How do they not know this. Should have doused devins tinder in gas cause this ending was just so pointless.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'd be pretty surprised if they gave the win to someone that didn't participate in the second half of the game even if it was Joe or Aubrey. Rick definitely wins if he makes it to the end I think, and he would deserve it, but I can't see them giving it to Joe.

SO much for my predicting. I can't really hold against Chris. He did amazing with the opportunities he had and the finale was pretty entertaining because of it, but it pretty much made the entire rest of the season meaningless. It's also sort of bullshit that Rheem and some of the other early people to get voted out got to vote for the winner without seeing any of the game except for tribal council.

It was an interesting change but I hope they don't do it again. Next season's twist seems pretty cheesy but Rob and Sandra are both very entertaining personalities so if nothing else it will be fun to listen to them mock the newbies.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
SO much for my predicting. I can't really hold against Chris. He did amazing with the opportunities he had and the finale was pretty entertaining because of it, but it pretty much made the entire rest of the season meaningless. It's also sort of bullshit that Rheem and some of the other early people to get voted out got to vote for the winner without seeing any of the game except for tribal council.

It was an interesting change but I hope they don't do it again. Next season's twist seems pretty cheesy but Rob and Sandra are both very entertaining personalities so if nothing else it will be fun to listen to them mock the newbies.

oh I don't hold it against him either, other than his amping up the douchbag level towards the end with his little speeches he played the cards he was dealt brilliantly, the producers should never work again though, because setting up a scenario in which an ending like this can happen is beyond words retarded

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oh I don't hold it against him either, other than his amping up the douchbag level towards the end with his little speeches he played the cards he was dealt brilliantly, the producers should never work again though, because setting up a scenario in which an ending like this can happen is beyond words retarded
Seriously, what is this shit?.

Rick won that game.

While I was watching it with my wife, I said to her every time they have this redemption island bullshit someone comes off and does something to win the game this is bullshit I’m serious like real bullshit bullshit bullshit.

Man the producer of scared shit like this muddy up the waters you make me want to smash my friend him no not lost

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
It's too bad this aired before the GoT finale. Would have been money for someone to drop a "and who has a better story than Chris" during the reunion.