Survivor

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
should be renamed to naked and emaciated, theres really no survival beyond hoping your shelter built on day 1 lasts until the last day and keeping the fire going

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just realized this season has been so good, but the last 10+ seasons have been pretty crap pre-merge. And then we get the merge here and it's game on. Really excited for the next half of the season.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I've only ever watched the seasons as they've happened so my memory gets tainted by each season. Was there some shift in gameplay or idols or something that signifies old vs new school? They all talk about it like it's a real thing but is there something to it? Is it just everyone before heroes vs villians?

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
I’m not certain on season numbers, so I’m not sure where HvV is number wise. Without knowing how they have decided who’s old school and who’s new school, I’d hazard a guess that the shift to new school started with Russel Hantz’ first season.

As far as I know, Russel was the first person to start looking for immunity idols without first having a clue to it’s location. He looked around landmarks that a clue might lead someone to, and was able to find idols that way. I may be wrong but my guess is that this is when the “new school” style of play started. Everyone knows the idols are out there somewhere, it’s just a matter now of who can find them first, and can they find them without other people knowing. I could be way off base though.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Russell's first season was 19, and he went immediately into HvV which was 20. The problem is Tyson, Rob, Parv, and Sandra were also there with Russell so they at least saw his play style. Rob and Tyson got their wins after HvV so another reason why using that as some kind of demarcation is somewhat silly. Sophie's win is literally one season after Rob's.

It's hard to say it's some outside the game social thing either since there's just as many prior relationships in the new group as old. It wouldn't bother me except for the fact they brought it up multiple weeks. In any case it looks like it's a non-factor going forward. Did anyone pay attention enough to know how many fire tokens Tyson brought back with him?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Like a few months ago, maybe, someone here did a rewatch of earlier seasons and ranked them. I have a couple of friends and this is only the 4th season they’ve watched. Trying to find that ranking again so we can watch together. My memory on specific seasons is crap. I remember individuals but not the whole thing surrounding their season

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Like a few months ago, maybe, someone here did a rewatch of earlier seasons and ranked them. I have a couple of friends and this is only the 4th season they’ve watched. Trying to find that ranking again so we can watch together. My memory on specific seasons is crap. I remember individuals but not the whole thing surrounding their season
it's hard to say watch so and so season, b/c then you need pre-requiste seasons to fully enjoy it.

like to watch a season like s20 you practically have to watch it all
like you need to watch s19 to see the star of russell and how it ends as a carbon copy

then you have to watch s18 to see just how much an of utter retard JT is, and how he lucked himself into the win, how he is the ultimate idol retard on s20 and then later on s34

imo, it's great to start off w/ seasons that would later have survivor powerhouses

like s13
yul
ozzi
parvati
penner
candice

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
it's hard to say watch so and so season, b/c then you need pre-requiste seasons to fully enjoy it.

like to watch a season like s20 you practically have to watch it all
like you need to watch s19 to see the star of russell and how it ends as a carbon copy

then you have to watch s18 to see just how much an of utter retard JT is, and how he lucked himself into the win, how he is the ultimate idol retard on s20 and then later on s34

imo, it's great to start off w/ seasons that would later have survivor powerhouses

like s13
yul
ozzi
parvati
penner
candice

Yeah that’s my problem trying to talk to them about this season. They have no pre reqs for these players so when I talk about their seasons they don’t know. Definitely want to show them Stephanie’s season where she’s the last standing on her tribe and there’s no merge date.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah that’s my problem trying to talk to them about this season. They have no pre reqs for these players so when I talk about their seasons they don’t know. Definitely want to show them Stephanie’s season where she’s the last standing on her tribe and there’s no merge date.
then you have to see the next season where steph and bobby come back and steph is a fucking ruthless bitch

s9 would be great cuz of boys vs. girls and then the sub game of fat boys vs jocks

s12 is awesome with crazy shane and cirie and terry and mr miyagi

a lot of seasons are great, it's probably easier to list off the stinkers instead

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Peridiam does good Survivor videos. If you haven't watched them (or it's been a while, which is likely), I recommend. These are the two pre-season series he did.

2 Parts

4 Parts

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so happy sandra went out looking like a chump

Just watched that last night. I was pumped.

There is only one person I hate more than the fat cow Sandra and it's that bitch Corole Baskin

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't buy the "bitter jury, didn't deserve to win" thing. Whoever won played the best game for that season by definition. We all like people like Boston Rob because they're entertaining to watch, but most of the time that strategy doesn't work.

Bullshit

Watch Season 19,

Who is Natalie?

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Jeremy's move good or bad? He'll likely survive more weeks now as a "free agent" but the producers chose to show it negatively with the jury commenting. I'm thinking maybe final 3 but no votes for defensive play with no offense.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think if he hadn't done it he probably got voted off so it was a good move. There's going to be consequences though.

gak

<Gold Donor>
"You know how you got voted off and are lucky to even have a chance to get back in the game with this stupid edge of extinction ?"

"Well here's an extortion letter you can use to destroy someone's game who hasn't been voted out lol !!1!"

s.gif

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
"You know how you got voted off and are lucky to even have a chance to get back in the game with this stupid edge of extinction ?"

"Well here's an extortion letter you can use to destroy someone's game who hasn't been voted out lol !!1!"

View attachment 265076

ya this is technically a good seasons, but the powers are completely fucking ridiculous

hey fucking survivor show me people surviving for 50 minutes then do the vote off of losers that no one likes - all this other bullshit is completely ridiculous

gods how I miss seeing people catch some crazy ass food or figure some shit out to make life easier

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man I really like Tony's game right now, but I think he has now put a gigantic bullseye on his back. If he doesn't continue getting immunity, it will be hard for him to win I think.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
He's had a n amazing 2 episode run and he's still got an idol and a bunch of fire tokens but yeah I'm sure nobody wants to go to the end with him.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Man I really like Tony's game right now, but I think he has now put a gigantic bullseye on his back. If he doesn't continue getting immunity, it will be hard for him to win I think.
Yeah, I don't think this thread goes back far enough from the Rerolled/FoH Survivor thread days, but I remember sucking Tony's dick after his win and saying what an underrated player he was. Then he played like a total dipshit in Game Changers and I really started to rethink my initial assessment.

I'm glad he's pulling it back together this season. I've always liked Tony's game and thought he deserved to be considered one of the all-time greats.