Survivor

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I think they would be crazy to keep Sandra in for any longer. She is sneaky and can absolutely pull out the win again.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Still not sure about this whole fire token concept and advantages flowing in from Extinction. Guess we’ll see eventually. Season has been great though. But Jesus Christ how do you just tell Rob your whole plan.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I really want Adam to fail bigly this season. I heard an interview with him after his win and he had retconned the whole season to make it sound like he had personally orchestrated everything that happened in the entire season which was just so much bullshit. I was never a big fan but that made me really dislike him.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's pretty miraculous he lasted as long as he did. I'm rooting for Parv but I don't think she's got much of a chance either.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
watched s4 of survivor, yes from 2004 lulz, cuz my wife was saying why the hell is he so liked, then when he was kicked off and didn't even make the merge, like any semblance of gameplay and strategy went away, so i can see why viewers saw him as a favorite.

man now i remember how harsh those seasons were, they didn't even give you flint n steel at second tribal, you only got one magnifying glass the whole season.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
watched s4 of survivor, yes from 2004 lulz, cuz my wife was saying why the hell is he so liked, then when he was kicked off and didn't even make the merge, like any semblance of gameplay and strategy went away, so i can see why viewers saw him as a favorite.

man now i remember how harsh those seasons were, they didn't even give you flint n steel at second tribal, you only got one magnifying glass the whole season.

He got most popular during All Stars which is a few seasons later. Was one of the better early seasons, recommend checking it out if you haven't already.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Okay, that was pretty baller to use Sandra's own idol against her, and then on top of it bargain to keep a fire token.

She wasted her own idol in the process, but it probably doesn't matter.

Parv going out sucks, but it was inevitable. It's crazy how many seasons some of these people have played in. Even Jeremy, this is his 3rd. Lot of 4 time players, and Rob was on his 5th (and that's if you don't include last season).

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
3, 4, & 5 seasons are a lot, but these reunion seasons are by far some of the best. They play the game better. They interact with each other in more interesting ways. Their producer interviews are better. It may be partially the edits but you can even see that this season between the 1 time players and the multi timers.
The only downside, which we're getting a heavy dose of this season, is all the baggage they bring with them. Most of the eliminations so far have been for pre-show reasons.

I'm glad Sandra got the boot. She's one of the most overrated imo. When your claim to fame is having the "sit-out" bench named after you I don't consider you a complete player.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
She wasted her own idol in the process, but it probably doesn't matter.

Eh, I think the "wasted" idol probably came as a reaction to off-camera talks. I suspect she had reasonable suspicion that Sandra and co. might play her and switch to Jeremy, especially since Sandra knew she'd be playing the idol. She had plenty of reason to suspect that Sandra would swap everyone over to Jeremy in an effort to "waste" her fire token and she still ends up on the bottom of the numbers.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Late to the party but I didn't watch until last night.

Sandra didn't even have to flip anyone. If she knew Denise was playing the idol and it was just going to be 1 vote then she could have voted for Jeremy and at least forced a tie in case Denise decided to screw her, which she had given her an incentive to do by letting her keep the second fire token.

I think she really underestimated Denise to be so confident that she would do what she was told to not even use her own vote for insurance. I'm sure that would have caused some drama with Tony and Kim, but considering the alternative is putting your life in Denise's hands I think I would have done it. I guess it would have forced a tie if Denise voted for Tony or Nick too, which wouldn't have been good. Overall this was just a bad plan by Sandra and she deserved to be voted out for it.

Denise probably played her idol on Jeremy in anticipation of a move like that from Sandra which is smart even though it didn't turn out to be necessary.

RIP Parvati. It was pretty funny when Wendell suggested that she buy his vote with fire tokens and pay in advance. She looked at him like "who do you think you're talking to". The idea of paying for votes in fire tokens is interesting, but I don't really see it being viable unless there's some way to make them accountable to pay up after you vote because no one in survivor is going to be trusting enough to pay in advance OR vote before getting paid. Sandra tried to do it with the 50/50 option but that just gave Denise another reason to vote her out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
RIP Parvati. It was pretty funny when Wendell suggested that she buy his vote with fire tokens and pay in advance. She looked at him like "who do you think you're talking to". The idea of paying for votes in fire tokens is interesting, but I don't really see it being viable unless there's some way to make them accountable to pay up after you vote because no one in survivor is going to be trusting enough to pay in advance OR vote before getting paid. Sandra tried to do it with the 50/50 option but that just gave Denise another reason to vote her out.
didn't denise say i'd pay 1 fire token now for the idol and another later? wasn't paying attention

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
didn't denise say i'd pay 1 fire token now for the idol and another later? wasn't paying attention

Yes, which means if Denise votes Sandra out she gets to keep her second token.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Time will tell but I can't decide if Wendell openly trying to sell his vote is a good move or not. Obviously a season of winners have to realize everyone has a price so Wendell being open about it shouldn't be that shocking. Then again I can see Yul and Nick being naive enough to be personally hurt by it.

Would have been fun to see that all happen but with Parv and Rob switched. Rob goes buddy mode and Wendell just brings up options in front of everyone.

I think we're going to see, before the end, just about every player making what in the past could be considered classic survivor blunders. They're trying so hard to outwit that they've gone full circle back to dumb moves like playing both sides and giving idols to other voting blocks.

Last edited:

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I'm guessing there'll be no "Sandra Sit Out Bench" when the outcasts compete to get back in either. It's not even that I think she didn't really earn her wins, it's that she thinks her shit don't stink. Literally the poster child for butt hurt juries voting dumbly, twice.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Welp, all the best players are out before the merge. The crazy ex-girlfriend is pretty pathetic. She keeps talking about proving how she deserved to win her season but she has been manipulated this entire game so far. Don't like Wendel, but hope he blindside's her dumb ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most of the newer players didn't deserve their wins. It's the new era of Survivor with butthurt juries who award it to the least offensive remaining player.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I don't buy the "bitter jury, didn't deserve to win" thing. The objective of survivor has never been to call the shots or make big moves. It's to stay in the game and get the specific people who are on your jury to vote for you. Whoever won played the best game for that season by definition. We all like people like Boston Rob because they're entertaining to watch, but most of the time that strategy doesn't work.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users