Survivor

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Producers are getting lazy. Both times I called the idol winner, because both times they were set up as "the vote is on Nick/Michelle." So of course they'd win.

Anyway, man, this season has been amazing. Sad it's already almost over.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Nick's season was the only one I've missed in like 10 years but it's hard for me to imagine him winning. He seemed like a chump to me this season. It's hard to imagine someone with such a lack of self awareness winning Survivor.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Crazy next week is the finale. There's 5 people left and one coming back from extinction. Seems like they telegraphed the indian girl coming back, but if it's Tyson and he wins after getting voted off twice it would be hilarious. Hard not to root for Tony though, he is playing the best game imo. Been a solid season.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Nick's season was the only one I've missed in like 10 years but it's hard for me to imagine him winning. He seemed like a chump to me this season. It's hard to imagine someone with such a lack of self awareness winning Survivor.

there's a number of completely worthless winners via a spiteful jury or because they were on a season where all the real players were voted off early and it was just a bunch of giant retards playing

on his season he was sitting up at tribal vs this crazy bitch who got zero votes

1588949273576.png

and an actual millionaire actor/filmmaker (he was a good player and nice guy but he argued against people voting for him multiple times since he's wealthy, he just wanted to make it to the final 3)

1588949359114.png

a lot of seasons are complete jokes

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
He basically made it to the end because of a couple flukes. But eh, I guess that's most winners now.

The David tribe was pretty inept, except for this super nerdy guy Christian. Christian was an absolute fucking mastermind though, and made a super strong alliance with some of the Goliaths. They got cocky though, and were going to flip, and Nick was able to rally the numbers to get him out.

Nick ends up winning the last few immunities and winning it. But overall his game was terrible. He just flipped on Christian before he could get voted out. And then he had Angelina who was one of the most repugnant players ever, and an actor, as his final 3. Which, c'mon, they didn't stand a chance.

Anyway, Tony is killing me this season. His "days off" thing with Jeremy was hilarious.

Last edited:

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
there's a number of completely worthless winners via a spiteful jury or because they were on a season where all the real players were voted off early and it was just a bunch of giant retards playing

on his season he was sitting up at tribal vs this crazy bitch who got zero votes

View attachment 268644
Holy shit, I forgot how absolutely terrible she was. I seem to recall her arguments to the jury being completely worthless as well

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Haha, yeah. I was remembering rooting for him to win but now that i'm reminded of his competition it totally makes sense. He's had a weak game so far this season for sure. I could be wrong, but wasn't Christians undoing that season his trust in that annoying alien looking chick who cried every episode? I vaguely remember her stabbing him in the back when she (rightfully) realized she had no shot of beating him. Still though, she could of got the easy runner up 100k and rode his coat tails. Dumb hoe.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Nick is absolutely fucking retarded. How naive can this stupid redneck be? The fact that he thinks he wouldn't be on the bottom and that he actually had to have MICHELLE OF ALL PEOPLE tell him that he would be the next one to go is priceless. It would've been perfect if they had gotten Ben out and then it could've been a potential Denise hit.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Pretty good finale. Sarah really tanked Ben's game and almost Tony's. Ben was just as stupid for telling her to vote him out for reasons? And all so she could lose at fire!? Ughhh, that was painful to see play out but the right guy won. Glad Michelle didn't even get one vote. She played well the last two episodes, but playing the outsider card when she put herself there with awful decisions throughout the game was a joke. Then to have the gall to claim she was one of the best? It's funny how the people who are dragged to the end as fodder pretend not to acknowledge it as such.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Nobody dragged Michelle to the end with the possible exception of Natalie in the fire making challenge. She obviously didn't deserve to win but the dominant alliance tried very hard to get her out and failed and she deserves credit for that.

I was pretty sure that the fire competition was for the win. I think Sarah would have gotten the same votes that Tony did or close to it. I was glad Natalie didn't win. What she did was impressive, but it wasn't playing survivor.

I wasn't that impressed with Tony's game in Cagayan and he was a clown in game changers but he played a great game this time around and deserved the win. He really seems to have a great ability to read people. Sarah would have been a good winner too and I was rooting for her but that was a pretty huge fuck up by her and Ben being so sure that Natalie didn't have an idol. I bet Tony is a better cop than Sarah.

I don't understand why Michelle and Natalie voted out Denise after the idols were played. Sarah was a much bigger threat and I think Denise was much more likely to flip. Sarah wound up flipping anyway but I thought it was a mistake not at least taking a shot at getting Sarah out. I was expecting a fire challenge.

Ben martyring himself for Sarah was kind of weird. I don't think he had much of a shot to win anyway, but her "big move" being Ben's idea and approved by him wasn't going to be that compelling. He probably would have helped her more by hanging around and beating Tony in the fire challenge.

I was disappointed in Jeremy for being so butt hurt. Not too surprised he voted for Natalie given their history but him sitting in FTC looking like a crybaby wasn't too cool.

All in all it was a solid season and an above average finale I think.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Nobody dragged Michelle to the end with the possible exception of Natalie in the fire making challenge. She obviously didn't deserve to win but the dominant alliance tried very hard to get her out and failed and she deserves credit for that.

Ben martyring himself for Sarah was kind of weird. I don't think he had much of a shot to win anyway, but her "big move" being Ben's idea and approved by him wasn't going to be that compelling. He probably would have helped her more by hanging around and beating Tony in the fire challenge.
I thought the exact same things. My wife was all down on Michelle, and I was more in line with your thinking. No she didn't play the greatest game, but she was constantly on the bottom and managed to keep herself alive. She really should get some credit for that.

The shit with Ben telling Sarah she can write his name down was infuriating. That whole women empowerment thing was over the top, and if that is really what you are going for, does this move not undercut the entire thing? Instead of HER making the decision to blindside him, the man gives her permission to allow her to do it. The entire thing was fucking stupid.

Overall I loved this season for sure. Glad Tony won cause I think he played a masterful game the 2nd half of the season. I do have to wonder if Rob was right about Natalie though. If she goes to the fire challenge against Tony and wins, does that vault her to a win? Maybe, maybe not.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it was a great season. I'm really not sure if it's up there in the pantheon of "all-time" Survivor seasons, but it's probably a top 10. I think better idol play (like Denise's) could've vaulted it into top 5 status. I also really fucking hate the idea of people not really even still in the game fucking things up for people who are. I've also always hated the idea of "redemption", "second-chance", etc. Sure, it was cool that Natalie survived as long as she did, but she didn't do so alone and she got to literally skip almost every single tribal. I wish the whole, "time for you to go...but not really!!" gimmic would go away.

I'm really glad Tony ended up winning that fire-making challenge. While Sarah, Natalie, and Michelle can all make a "case" for why they deserved to be there, Tony was clearly playing the best game.

Anybody know wtf that Lacina shit was about with Sarah? Is that some stupid cop thing where they play make-believe military, and call each other by their last name?

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Also, how in the hell does anyone go on survivor without mastering those magnesium fire starters? If I found out I was going on the show I would be lighting 10 fires a day with it until I left and obviously there's time to practice on the island as well. This season it wasn't too bad but there's been multiple times when someone finds themselves in the fire making challenge and they're like "so how does this thing work again?". Seems like getting good with that thing would be the most basic preparation for going on the show.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Anybody know wtf that Lacina shit was about with Sarah? Is that some stupid cop thing where they play make-believe military, and call each other by their last name?

Jeff said something about how he only calls men by their last names (Cochrane, Penner, etc.) so Sarah wanted to join the club.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

the whole girl power thing ended up being buttfuck retarded

the same tribal she gives that speech almost cost her whole allience the game because she didn't list to a man (who was right) and then a man simps himself to give her free resume bullets

fucking pathetic all round - thank god tony won - as beast as natalie is I said it last time but the feature of someone who goes out first getting to come back in the final five and wrecking ball the whole game is so fucking dumb

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
GOD DAMMIT A FUCKING 10 MINUTE LECTURE ON GENDER BIAS!!!! Fuck you!

moving on.... not finished with episode yet.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I was pretty sure that the fire competition was for the win. I think Sarah would have gotten the same votes that Tony did or close to it. I was glad Natalie didn't win. What she did was impressive, but it wasn't playing survivor.

I wasn't that impressed with Tony's game in Cagayan and he was a clown in game changers but he played a great game this time around and deserved the win. He really seems to have a great ability to read people. Sarah would have been a good winner too and I was rooting for her but that was a pretty huge fuck up by her and Ben being so sure that Natalie didn't have an idol. I bet Tony is a better cop than Sarah.

I don't understand why Michelle and Natalie voted out Denise after the idols were played. Sarah was a much bigger threat and I think Denise was much more likely to flip. Sarah wound up flipping anyway but I thought it was a mistake not at least taking a shot at getting Sarah out. I was expecting a fire challenge.

I was disappointed in Jeremy for being so butt hurt. Not too surprised he voted for Natalie given their history but him sitting in FTC looking like a crybaby wasn't too cool.

All in all it was a solid season and an above average finale I think.
Agree with pretty much all of this. Glad Tony won because he played his fucking ass off. He was making the right call like literally every single day and it was pretty amazing to watch.

My biggest complaint is I pretty much hate the reunion shows anymore, but fuck I wish they would've done one this time. Oh, and yeah, getting lectured on shit...again. Getting real tired of that every season. Is this the 4th in a row?

I guess I need to go watch the Ponderosa videos, because that's about all we'll get.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hahaha Yes! Tony GOAT! That’s awesome. Him vs Sara was really an emotional moment bc they obviously care about each other a ton. Just a great story on top of a great season. It was so funny at final tribal, everyone just reacts and laughs and contributes to Tony’s conversation. They’re all having fun. Nat and Michelle were just lumps. And I was pulling for Nat also. She was a beast on Extinction but let’s be real, she still didn’t play “the game.” She wasn’t at risk every week of going home. While the regular players had the same challenges to contend with plus tribal and social games to balance. It’s the same every season this gimmick is used. What would be maybe interesting is if they could swing a double tribal thing going on where no one knew that even on Extinction they were Lord of the Flies’ing each other off. But that’d bring strange jury things in to play as well.

Anyways, awesome season. Tony is a boss.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
The whole fire tokens gimmick needs to be removed or rebalanced. So the first person voted out gets basically a massive advantage but spending a month hoarding fire tokens? Admittedly, Natalie was physically crushing it and that helped her a lot, but she basically bought her way back in to the game with 3 shortcuts in the return challenge. And then she gets to return with an idol in her pocket?

The people who got voted off shortly before the return end up harshly penalized because they had no chance to accumulate any tokens on edge of extinction, so they go into the return challenge without any advantages... Natalie spent like 3 minutes tangled up in ropes, was in last place despite her head start, and still coasted back into the game because she gets to skip half the challenge? Ugh.

Despite that whole mess, Tony was 100% deserving of the win and the fire challenge was awesome. He literally pulled the strings and called every move for the entire game, barring the one desperation move by Sarah against Ben that didn't really matter (actually helped Tony because it cemented Michelle in the finale as a complete non-threat to siphon any votes). Really fun to watch him play circles around everyone for 2/3 of the game. He also came up with a lot of clutch immunities, which might make this the most well-rounded victory I've ever seen from a survivor winner.

Watching Sarah gloat about knowing how all the votes would pay out a, giving her prepared speech about gender bias that was blatantly rehearsed to curry votes, then seeing her face as everything crumbled and Tony was proven completely right was A+ entertainment. She didn't play that bad of a game but survivor is the best when you get to see a plan fall apart in dramatic fashion.