Swamp Thing

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Holy fuck. Just watched last week's episode and they have not only Madame Xanadu, but Ian Ziering to play Blue Devil?!? Jesus what the hell is wrong with these people that they ended up cancelling it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to believe more and more that they're just pulling the plug on the whole DC streaming service. heh

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah that seems likely, but why not keep these shows as part of your new Warner Bros streaming service? I guarantee you they won't come up with other original programming in year one that comes with fanbois.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Are there random tits like the og movie, because really..that is like why most people gave to shakes about the movie in the first place...

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
I am 5 episodes in and this show is a shit-ton of fun. A true horror show too. Yeah, the infectious disease stuff is pure stupidity. Abby takes some serious risks with potentially deadly toxic agents and doesn't even wear gloves. But damn, she's hot. I bet she can act, but her medical writers are very dumb.

Great sets. Great effects. Really creepy and scary at times. Some real shocking moments. Good characters too.

WHY THE FUCK DID THEY CANCEL THIS?

Makes no sense. Let's air shitty shows instead? This is cult/fan material that would live on and generate revenue well beyond the loss of the NC tax incentives.

Makes ZERO sense!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
There was no indication at SDCC as to why this happened either. Clearly it was not planned far in advance as they printed up posters and bags etc that featured Swamp Thing along with Titans and Doom Patrol.

There is a small rumbling that they want to do a movie version of Swamp Thing, but having TV and movie versions at the same time hasn't truly been a problem for DC this far so that doesn't make a ton of sense.

It has to be tied into the plans for HBO Max somehow and someone just not seeing a viable path for this show as compared to the other live action stuff. It's especially annoying as I really liked the Xanadu / Blue Devil simmering lead up to a Justice League Dark situation.