Swamp Thing

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Swamp Thing

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Mystery

First aired: 2019-05-31

Cast: Crystal Reed, Maria Sten, Jennifer Beals, Jeryl Prescott, Virginia Madsen, Will Patton, Andy Bean, Derek Mears, Kevin Durand

Overview: CDC researcher Abby Arcane returns to her childhood home of Houma, Louisiana, in order to investigate a deadly swamp-borne virus. There, she develops a surprising bond with scientist Alec Holland — only to have him tragically taken from her. But as powerful forces descend on Houma, intent on exploiting the swamp’s mysterious properties for their own purposes, Abby will discover that the swamp holds mystical secrets, both horrifying and wondrous — and the potential love of her life may not be dead after all.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I loved this movie back in the day. Even had Swamp Thing toys.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Sooo this has been cancelled already. They were 9 episodes out of 13 into filming and they were completely shut down. Apparently they are retooling the 10th episode as a finale type episode. That's pretty fucked up. I wonder if the show was just that bad or it's a sign that the DC streaming service is having problems.

• 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to think that some people at DC are seeing the money numbers and realizing the whole cocaine fueled idea of "Let's build our OWN streaming service, with blackjack (Titans), and hookers! (Doom Patrol) so we can beat Disney to having a service" might not have been as good an idea as they had hoped.

Which makes me sad, beucase Doom Patrol is taking the weird to 11 and making it look good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
Titans, like ST:D, just reeks of the money spent on it; IMO there's not a chance that it is even faintly profitable.

Doom Patrol is a bit more restrained, but it's very niche, I can't see it getting a wide audience.

Overall I can't see how they thought there was any chance with the limited content they have - were they thinking they'd get 20+ mil subs on the back of some old cartoons and some R rated super hero shows ?

Qhue

Trump's Staff
So apparently the retooling of the end of the season was more of a creative shift than a lack of faith in the series. Apparently the later part of the season will see Tara Markov as part of the storyline as a representative of the Element of Earth which will then flow into Titans season 2...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So apparently the retooling of the end of the season was more of a creative shift than a lack of faith in the series. Apparently the later part of the season will see Tara Markov as part of the storyline as a representative of the Element of Earth which will then flow into Titans season 2...
Not only that, but apparently they had some issue with state tax credits and ran out of money. So they cut three eps.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I had not heard the tax credits bit. Didn't they film in Georgia? I thought the main draw for Georgia was a lack of a cap on the tax credits? Now I'm gonna have to go look all this up...

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I had not heard the tax credits bit. Didn't they film in Georgia? I thought the main draw for Georgia was a lack of a cap on the tax credits? Now I'm gonna have to go look all this up...
They filmed in North Carolina. It was something like NC forgot to budget all their movie/tv show tax credits or some shit.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'd like to be optimistic, but Collider might as well be renamed to Cucklider for all the faith I have in them anymore. It is getting to where if I see one of them say that something was amazing, I immediately assume it sucked.

Such a shame too, several of the "hostess" chicks were smoking hot. Sean Evans, the dude from Hot Ones, is even banging the best one, Natasha Alexis or something.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well, Doom Patrol has earned DC a "I'll assume it's good until I see it's Shit" standing on the Haus TV Threat Level meter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I've only read a handful of Swamp Thing comics, but when I was a kid I loved that shitty movie. Also Adrienne Barbeau's rack. I'll check this out though, hopefully it leans more towards Doom Patrol and less towards Titans quality wise.

• 2Solidarity

Haus

<Silver Donator>
First episode down and it was a solid. Character set up was OK. So far I cannot attest to if this Abby's tits are Adrienne Barbeaux level or not. That remains to be seen.

• 2Like

Caliane

yeah, don't get the DC channel. But, someone posted this clip on r/dccomics.

Except for the characters just standing around while that nightmare fuel is going on, god damn, that is a fucked up scene. amazing/terrifying practical effects mixed with cgi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
TV show information provided by The Movie Database