Swatting: Seriously, this is a thing??

Column_sl

shitlord
Teenagers have it rougher in that department, especially teenagers with money. Allot of these streamers live in more a less a frat house that they share expenses on.
It immediately is going to look suspicious.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh, no doubt. There are plenty of situations where police aggression is unwarrented and/or based solely on racism and prejudice. And to be clear I'm not defending that. Just there's just as many situations where officers are given unwarranted aggression based solely on racism and prejudice.

But back to topic... What kind of fine is involved in this? There are hefty fines for prank calling 911 simply for tying up phone lines. I can't imagine going easier on people for this

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm curious about that too but the one kid that got caught for 30+ swattings, ended up getting 60ish different charges but theres no update on what happened to him due to the shitty youth privacy act.

Column_sl

shitlord
Way off topic, but we're talking about these popular streamers. I went and looked at Sodapoppins stream today, and he has almost half a million followers.
And 63 million views. That kid is making an insane amount of money. To put in perspective the EVO championshiops for sf4 were like 30k? He averages 15-40k viewers everyday.

If I had to guess hes making close to a million a year between his sponsors, youtube, and twitch subs.

Streaming is starting to get pretty hardcore, eventually they will have to find ways to protect them like they do for other celebrities.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Naw,'Swatting' leads to 60 charges against Ottawa boytheres a bunch of different news sites regarding this kid

I doubt it's quite a million, but he definitely makes an incredibly large amount of money for being a borderline r-tard lol
I watch his stream once in awhile but i get sick of it pretty quickly-admittedly i had some good laughs watching him play the sims 4 though

Zastlyn

Peasant
Naw,'Swatting' leads to 60 charges against Ottawa boytheres a bunch of different news sites regarding this kid

I doubt it's quite a million, but he definitely makes an incredibly large amount of money for being a borderline r-tard lol
I watch his stream once in awhile but i get sick of it pretty quickly-admittedly i had some good laughs watching him play the sims 4 though
The bigger ones make way more then a million apparently. Haven't even heard of the #1 guy before. 7 million.

The 25 Highest Earning Youtube Stars | Celebrity Net Worth

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
There's a guy with a radio show who actively encourages his audience to SWAT people who own firearms, open carry, conceal carry etc...in the hopes they have a shootout with the cops.

This Deranged Radio Show Host Wants To Trick Police Into Killing Open Carrier Protesters - Bearing Arms

He's anti gun and anti police so this would be a win/win for him

0d159d5529fe4f62a269adbbf33f1fbc_large.jpg

Needless

Toe Sucker
The bigger ones make way more then a million apparently. Haven't even heard of the #1 guy before. 7 million.

The 25 Highest Earning Youtube Stars | Celebrity Net Worth
That's kind of depressing that having multiple channels practically doubles some of their income... tobuscus has TobyGames and his tobuscus channel.. which means he made 6.2m, almost as much as pewdiepie lol
Either way, twitch streamers like sodapoppin aren't anywhere near that scale of payout, but he definitely brings in 6 figures without a doubt

---

That dude sounds like an insane person, good lord.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most streamers seem poverty living in cramped houses, streaming from their bedrooms, or living in an apartment. I would say those few big ones are the outliers and not the norm.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Most streamers seem poverty living in cramped houses, streaming from their bedrooms, or living in an apartment. I would say those few big ones are the outliers and not the norm.
Set up streaming station in maid's laundry room to appear 'down to Earth'... profit?