SWTOR

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The Emperor called a cease-fire for (seemingly) no reason, so the Sith are busy just killing each other for most of the game while the Jedi rebuild and the Republic creates various super weapons.

I'm pretty sure you kill the most imperials fighting as an imperial.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah I kept thinking look ALL these jedi's with light sabers standing around doing nothing.. Worried about a few indigenous specials with guns and they send in the newbie with a practice sword to save them all.. If the sith came they would be doomed...
Well at 55 you do get a solo quest where you destroy your opposing factions newbie grounds.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Hrm I guess instead of the endless alt parade I should do some more raids on my BH so my random guild knows wtf I am. He might have been kicked out by now for all I know.

The do a lot of the guild faction whatever shit and I don't even know what its for. I haven't even visited the guild ship, heh.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Just tried to retrieve my original launch account from customer service, as it was compromised at some point since the last time it was played (2012). Pretty much got a 10 minute run around about how account compromises happen (sadly being involved MMOs since '99, think I have a decent grasp on this), and that I must be delusional & my original characters must've never been real. EA just all-around always has god-awful CS, always sounds like the tech is always in a fucking marketplace (probably is). So we'll see how that "character history search" goes considering the phone call was a pissing contest.

Any real advantages to retrieving the launch day account? Titles, pets, and shit maybe? Character was only like a level 37 or some shit.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If you were 50 and had some of the original gear that is no longer obtainable that would be a reason, but if you only got to 37 start over and get past that in a few hours.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If starting over, or if returning to the game, you will want to use a recruit a friend. Gets both parties a lot of free stuff. If you know someone playing, get them to recruit you, or you could use mine if you don't know anyone else. Also here's a code for free mounts. All the free stuff gets mailed to every character on your account, as well as future characters.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yeah, I started this back up yesterday, got in-game, and my friend immediately noticed me on and went "GOD DAMNIT RAF REWARDS."

Leveled a new character to 35 today, definitely much better without the bear-asses. It feels kind of pointless to actually use the complementary exp boost items, so I figure you just save those until you hit 55 and the 12x exp goes away.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Yeah don't waste exp boosters. All they will do is make class quests go grey sooner and give 0 exp. Leveling my assassin, doing 0 sidequests, and stealthing past every single trash mob of every quest, I was still overleveled for the story and hit level 55 about 3 quests into Makeb.

You do want to be in a large guild though, because the 10% guild bonus stacks multiplicative with the subscriber 12x boost, bringing the class quest exp up to 13.2x exp. Mention you're a sub in general chat on your factions fleet and you will get multiple guild invites.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Use the boosts BEFORE 55. They get multiplied by the 12x bonus. After you hit 55 you'll only be getting ~50k xp from quests, so you'll only get 12.5k bonus. The best time to use them is on Makeb, where you'll be getting 500-600k per quest, but you'll have way more than enough to last all of Makeb so feel free to start using them anytime 1-50.

What I usually try to do is play without the bonus most of the time, bank up 3 class quest rewards in a row, then pop a boost and get all 3 xp plus bonuses at once. From that point the boost will last long enough that I get another boost token before the first ran out.

I've also used the 'banking quests' trick to jump straight from 55-57 before I even start the Revan content. If you don't know what the trick is, basically when you complete a quest you can just hit X on it, then at any time you want, wherever you want, you can click it open in the top right corner and claim your rewards. The thing is, the XP you get is based on the level you completed the quest, not the level you claim the reward. So while you're on Makeb and are getting close to 55, just start banking quest rewards instead of instantly claiming them (you can only bank up to 3; after that it won't let you start new quests). You'll hit 55 from mob or exploration XP, then you can claim those quests, and they will still have the 12x bonus! If you have the right quests banked, and make sure to have a 25% bonus token active (plus 30% legacy, and 10% from guild if you can) that gives over 2 full levels of XP instantly.

Malakriss

You use the 1 hour ones and save the 3 hours for expansion, they're character bound so it's not like you can trade to alts. Plus if you open any cartel packs you'll be swimming in them along with all the other junk.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I just finished my first start to finish of a class story using the 12X bonus. I think I spent more time traveling to all the class instance areas than I actually spent doing the class quests.

I have three more class stories to complete (Sith warrior, inquisitor and trooper). I won't be playing any of those characters once I complete the class stories. Trying to figure out what is the quickest way to do them. Take advantage of the 12X now or wait until the expansion when all the existing content gets "streamlined". On the subreddit I've seen some speculation that while the 12x bonus is going away in a couple of weeks, whatever the streamlining change is will still allow you to quickly do the class quests and level up to 60 fast. Is that a safe assumption?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thanks for the heads up on being able to bank quests. Was really wasting time on the earlier exp bonus items.

Malakriss

The dataminers leaked a graph on twitter about the streamlining and there will be a 75% boost to everything from 10-50, then a 125% boost from 50-60. Nothing is going to be faster than doing only the mandatory class story missions during 12x xp.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That still seems pretty good. Hit the major quests on a planet and your story line would likely be enough to progress so a bit slower than the 12x but not bad at all.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The dataminers leaked a graph on twitter about the streamlining and there will be a 75% boost to everything from 10-50, then a 125% boost from 50-60. Nothing is going to be faster than doing only the mandatory class story missions during 12x xp.
Any idea if that streamlining applies to raising crew skills? On my 12x character it was impossible to keep my crew skills at the same level of the areas I was in. The minimum required level to harvest the node was always significantly higher than what level mine were at.

If (big IF) the streamlining redesign also speeds up levelling crew skills, it might be worth holding off rolling up a new character until after the expansion hits.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I just finished my first start to finish of a class story using the 12X bonus. I think I spent more time traveling to all the class instance areas than I actually spent doing the class quests.
This was a main gripe of mine. Doing the quests with side quests included was even worse when you were forced to go through that content, and then worse even once again when you would have 5 class missions on say, Hoth, but forced yourself through 30 side quests, most of which were spent moving from place to place rather than playing the game. I would be able to stream a twilight zone episode on Netflix to pass time travelling from point A to point B. Using travel as a time sink in a theme park based MMORPG was one of the many ridiculous decisions made early in the design phase as a way to keep people subscribed longer.

Thank God for 12x. You would have torn your hair out if you had played this in 2011/2012 by the time you reached Tatooine or Hoth.

Sterling

El Presidente
This was a main gripe of mine. Doing the quests with side quests included was even worse when you were forced to go through that content, and then worse even once again when you would have 5 class missions on say, Hoth, but forced yourself through 30 side quests, most of which were spent moving from place to place rather than playing the game. I would be able to stream a twilight zone episode on Netflix to pass time travelling from point A to point B. Using travel as a time sink in a theme park based MMORPG was one of the many ridiculous decisions made early in the design phase as a way to keep people subscribed longer.

Thank God for 12x. You would have torn your hair out if you had played this in 2011/2012 by the time you reached Tatooine or Hoth.
Wasn't so bad the first time through, but if you ever leveled a 2nd character it was so bad.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didnt pay too much attention on this, but is the game after the new expansion still STAR WARS? All this "big baddies are invading and destroying everything and you are the last hero" - stuff sound like a cheap scifi-fanfic story... Sure, old content is still like it was before, but the new content? I mean, there is SO MUCH fantastic lore, and they come up with this? Blegh, atm. 0% motivated to buy and play
frown.png