SWTOR

DavivMcD

Peasant
Yes you would just be doing class quests, but you can join your party member's class instance as long as you aren't the same class as him. It'd be a bit weird jumping around different places because different classes don't always get quests in the same areas, but it'd still be fun to duo, plus you'll get bonus XP (and social points....meh).

Edit: Oh you CAN actually both be the same class and join each other's instance. You need to both enable some option in the preferences menu. You would have to do each instance twice for you both to get credit, though. Probably better to stay different classes.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Well, we decided to level together as two branches of the same base class, with me as sniper and him as operative to make level syncing a bit easier with the quests.

Something kind of amusing happened. I used recruit a friend on him, then just to see if it worked, he turned around and recruited me. We ended up getting all the rewards for both recruiting someone as well as being recruited on both of our accounts. Kind of nice.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Did Nightmare Explosive Conflict last night to get some achievements and the Massive Anti Air cannon dreco dropped and I lost the roll. I send the guy a tell on how much he is selling it for and he says 3k. I buy it asap because I've only seen them go for 5mil plus.

kaxfenix

N00b
My Son brought up this game to me and asked me about it.. I actually bought a box copy when it released a couple of years ago... How is the game play now if two people wanted to start new.. I only got to like lvl 34 in the past, and wouldn't mind picking this back up again.. I guess the star wars hype has gotten to me..

Any tips on two players starting from scratch to play together?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Make sure to play on a populated server because the lower ones are basically ghost towns. Usually better to play different classes or choose completely different options if the same class. You do not have to play strictly light side or dark side, your alignment is not that important so pick whatever you like for your character. Choose the basic comms for quest rewards so you can buy mods every 6-8 levels to put into an orange gear set. If you make it to 47 the satellite stations on Makeb give you a free stat buff so gear will not matter from 47-55.

For the next month if you are subbed 12x experience is still going on for the main class story, after that the expansion goes live and they are "streamlining" leveling (no further clarification provided). Companions will not need gear in the expansion you will basically outfit them for looks.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm enjoying this so far, almost to level 40. Before I spend much cash on the cartel market, what's the endgame like? If I'm not really interested in joining an organized raiding guild, will there be much else to do at level cap?

moontayle

Golden Squire
The usual. Operation pugs exist and are generally always being set up on the more populated servers. There's Flashpoints, dailies, PvP, and (if you like torture) GSF. There's a fairly extensive Achievement system if you're into that sort of thing.

This game really needs something like the upcoming content to give it a kick in the ass. I'm still extremely disappointed in the state of PvP but I also still primarily play in that aspect. Which reminds me, I need to build up my comms for next month. No sense in being behind the curve with a 200k limit.

Arterial

N00b
Ops coms are changing, Ive been fiddling with WoW while i wait for 4.0 to hit, WoW has so much dam content its silly :p

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
Since the upcoming expansion is almost completely story based, is it safe to assume you will be given more than two dialog options (an obvious Light/Dark choice) to choose from and that there will be multiple branches of the story your choices could lead to? Perhaps at the end have a Fallout-like cinematic that shows how your decisions impacted the story. It's been long time since I played the original Dragon Age game from Bioware but I recall a similar approach.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You won't find raids in group finder (I never waited long enough to prove their existence) but it's not hard at all to get a raid, either in a large spam guild (just look up how many members are online before you join, like any MMO there a billion too many guilds) or just pugging.

I was able to see everything within a few weeks of getting back on my Merc before I got sucked into running alts at 12x XP instead. Plus WoW interfered.

The worst part of casual scumming in any MMO is the other casual scum you'll be stuck with. The trick is to realize how fucking funny it can be, and maintain low expectations of success. This only works for so long, especially when you are doing insultingly easy shit, but its fun while it lasts.

Biggest protip: The game engine is crappy and server side updates are laggy. When you move out of the bad, the common belief is jumping will force a position update at the spot you jumped from. So move out of circle, hop like an idiot.

Oh, and the game has a habit of not drawing the bad on the ground, especially early in a fight when your framerate is really shitting the bed.

And CPU is everything. I'm curious how it runs now that I just made a 5 year jump there..

moontayle

Golden Squire
Guildy recently upgraded his CPU and video card to some that came out within the last year and said even on the fleet in crowded areas he didn't drop below 30fps.

Sulrn

Deuces
Random question.

Do Sith Warriors (Marauders specifically) still look like anime-inspired cyber ninjas? Or has character design started implementing a "fallen jedi" vibe?

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I think empire side is still all gimp masks, blinky lights and bondage gear. I once tried making clothes on the republic side and sending them to an empire character. I guess customs opened up the package and replaced the plain robes with stuff off the rack from saints row's leather & lace.

Sulrn

Deuces
I think empire side is still all gimp masks, blinky lights and bondage gear. I once tried making clothes on the republic side and sending them to an empire character. I guess customs opened up the package and replaced the plain robes with stuff off the rack from saints row's leather & lace.
I did the same (at release) after playing a commando and seeing Jedi Knights actually look like force users. Bought an orange item that looked good and put it on the hutt market for 10 credit, swapped and bought it. Upon transferring it was magically transformed to bondage gear.

That's just bad design.