SWTOR

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So expansion for this on October 20th, Guild Wars 2 expansion on October 23rd, Blade and Soul beta weekends start on October 30th.

It will be a busy time for people like me who like jumping from one MMO to the next as they release new content.
smile.png

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is some loading improvement although things like KDY still take awhile, it seems like they gave lower priority to NPC animations so an enemy dropping in on a jetpack may look like a flipbook. Still doesn't redeem their engine choice but at least they're trying.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Yeah nothing really looks that different, except enemy death animations are often choppy for no reason now. Haven't tried the new shadows, they would tank my framerate on anything higher than low before.

Edit: Shadows on high are much easier on the fps now. With everything on ultra I can stay around 25-30 fps on a crowdy fleet. 60 fps out questing on my own.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
After trying a few classes, I decided to go all the way with Sith Warrior (Juggernaught). I just recently finished the storyline, going entirely light side the whole way through. I was impressed how well the story adapted to my lightside choices since I figured it would have been originally written with a dark side intent. Overall, I'd rate the story as excellent, and it's making me want to play through the other classes just to see if their stories have the same level of quality.

I'm on the fence about if I should buy Shadow of Revan expac right now just to work on that content in the next month, or settle for being capped at 55 and wait for the "free" revan expac after the next expansion releases.

Sulrn

Deuces
After trying a few classes, I decided to go all the way with Sith Warrior (Juggernaught). I just recently finished the storyline, going entirely light side the whole way through. I was impressed how well the story adapted to my lightside choices since I figured it would have been originally written with a dark side intent. Overall, I'd rate the story as excellent, and it's making me want to play through the other classes just to see if their stories have the same level of quality.

I'm on the fence about if I should buy Shadow of Revan expac right now just to work on that content in the next month, or settle for being capped at 55 and wait for the "free" revan expac after the next expansion releases.
Out of the 8 stories, only 2 remained something interesting to me. Sith War, Sith Inquis. Imp Spy was interesting by the way of sitting back and laughing how convoluted the writers got in an effort of recreating the complexity spy thriller. Outside of that, I'm pretty sure the fan fiction community did a better job writing the campaign stories than the actual writers. To each their own, though.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny I found the sith inquis story line the weakest of the ones I have done so far. Not finished quite with it yet but the whole first part is just sith back stabbing, second part is ghost buster episode of sith back stabbing I have to assume it finishes with more random back stabbing.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Amazon has a Bundle that is $40 and it includes 2 months subscription, Shadows of Revan and 2500 cartel coins plus a bunch of in game junk like a mini pet.

Since two months of subs are $30 for 10 you get the xpac and the money.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Funny I found the sith inquis story line the weakest of the ones I have done so far. Not finished quite with it yet but the whole first part is just sith back stabbing, second part is ghost buster episode of sith back stabbing I have to assume it finishes with more random back stabbing.
You're not wrong. I find SI the weakest by far. The story has zero impact in the overall GCW and they really screwed up the transition from Chapter One to Chapter Two.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The smuggler story line was fun although compared to the troopers final story line stuff it was no where nears that epic. I was amused at Gus tano saying something like leave it to you to start an underworld criminal empire and get a good citizenship award for doing it. Overall the smuggler story line is pretty hilarious through out.

So far the trooper story line at least the third chapter of it wound up being the most epic of the various stories I did. Its basically a small version of the ME2 suicide mission. I also liked all of your companions getting in on the fight during the mission.

Sulrn

Deuces
You're dead on. The story was weak - which was what I was wanting to get at subtly by continuing on about the IS ( -> all the stories were poorly written [GCW/Revan included]). The highlight of SI for me was becoming the most likely heir to the emperor considering the power gain and then defeating the splinter-empire.

/shrug I thought the game's scripted events peaked in the 20s? on the second or third planet (Balmora?) where you lead the raid on/seize the weapons factory.

DavivMcD

Peasant
The middle parts of the smuggler storyline were good but the beginning and end left a shitty taste in my mouth. Corso Riggs is a whiny, white-knighting douchebag. Skavak is only your nemesis because you're apparently too fucking stupid to get good security whenever you park your ship and he's the only one taking advantage of that. And the dialogue with Skavak is just a constant loop of "I'm gonna kill you!", "No I'm gonna kill you first!".

Then the final chapter, why did they hire M. Night Shyamalan? I'll spoiler it I guess, but
how the fuck does it make sense that your Republic bosses were secretly working for the Empire the whole time when all of your missions were pro-Republic? You can't have a twist just for the sake of a twist. They basically were like "We made you take down murderers and pirates, save Republic soldiers, disrupt Imperial weapon production, BUT WE WERE EVIL THE WHOLE TIME MUAHAHAHAHA!!!" Then the Butcher decides to switch sides and help you out FOR NO FUCKING REASON. He's the one who wanted to murder you and everyone you loved over a simple shipping error, LONG before you ever got tangled up in the Republic/Empire 'double-cross' bullshit.

I think I enjoyed the Bounty Hunter story the best. It's just a simple string of taking on bigger and bigger bounties. There's no real grandiose epic plot, and they don't get their head stuck up their ass shoving in unnecessary twists or universe-changing events where they don't fit. It was also BY FAR the most flexible in terms of your lightside/darkside choices. If you want to be a murdering psychopath, dark side was for you; but on the other hand, most bounties paid extra if you brought the target in alive, which is good enough to be called lightside most of the time. It's much more reasonable than going darkside Consular, where you literally murder HUNDREDS of Jedi Masters throughout the galaxy and are praised as a hero for doing so.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have spacebarred /skipped every cutscene in this game :3 It tends to make the choices more amusing. Shooting people for no reason n such.

Any word on how shadows of revan will impact pvp?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Further degradation of class balance, new flavors of the month, no adjustment for the changing stats. Just like the last two times they had level increases.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
All you can really do is throw CPU at it. I know I can tell a diff with my upgrade.

Game is of course limited by 32 bit memory addressing issues - gets worse after you zone a lot - and some buggy culling, like on the pirate planet. (entire sections of the map disappearing months after release)

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
The middle parts of the smuggler storyline were good but the beginning and end left a shitty taste in my mouth. Corso Riggs is a whiny, white-knighting douchebag. Skavak is only your nemesis because you're apparently too fucking stupid to get good security whenever you park your ship and he's the only one taking advantage of that. And the dialogue with Skavak is just a constant loop of "I'm gonna kill you!", "No I'm gonna kill you first!".

Then the final chapter, why did they hire M. Night Shyamalan? I'll spoiler it I guess, but
how the fuck does it make sense that your Republic bosses were secretly working for the Empire the whole time when all of your missions were pro-Republic? You can't have a twist just for the sake of a twist. They basically were like "We made you take down murderers and pirates, save Republic soldiers, disrupt Imperial weapon production, BUT WE WERE EVIL THE WHOLE TIME MUAHAHAHAHA!!!" Then the Butcher decides to switch sides and help you out FOR NO FUCKING REASON. He's the one who wanted to murder you and everyone you loved over a simple shipping error, LONG before you ever got tangled up in the Republic/Empire 'double-cross' bullshit.

I think I enjoyed the Bounty Hunter story the best. It's just a simple string of taking on bigger and bigger bounties. There's no real grandiose epic plot, and they don't get their head stuck up their ass shoving in unnecessary twists or universe-changing events where they don't fit. It was also BY FAR the most flexible in terms of your lightside/darkside choices. If you want to be a murdering psychopath, dark side was for you; but on the other hand, most bounties paid extra if you brought the target in alive, which is good enough to be called lightside most of the time. It's much more reasonable than going darkside Consular, where you literally murder HUNDREDS of Jedi Masters throughout the galaxy and are praised as a hero for doing so.
This is why I really liked the trooper one. It starts off pretty personal but the whole process of taking care of that you build to more and more important things and then at the end you and your followers really are havoc squad and the whole last mission is a pretty great culmination to everything you did to get there.

kaxfenix

N00b
Fired this up .. For the first time since the game released.. This time I am trying out a Jedi knight I only made it to lvl 5 but so far so good. I thought about re-subbing to wow but this will probably take its place.

I have no idea what server I am on I just created a character and went...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The Jedi starting area is without a doubt the worst of them all, so getting past that bit will help.

kaxfenix

N00b
Yeah I kept thinking look ALL these jedi's with light sabers standing around doing nothing.. Worried about a few indigenous specials with guns and they send in the newbie with a practice sword to save them all.. If the sith came they would be doomed...