SWTOR

moontayle

Golden Squire
Open up groupfinder. It'll let you know what you can queue up for. I think 50 is min now for Ops and you get boosted if you're less than max.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I did a Jedi during a 12x boost but got too busy to do revan.

I've never seen the repub side planet stories. I'm thinking dark side smuggler or maybe light consular next to see them.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Smuggler is solid. I would do Scoundrel though, for the invis. Just saves a lot of hassle and easy to invis up, go in a corner, and take care of something if you need to.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I did a Jedi during a 12x boost but got too busy to do revan.

I've never seen the repub side planet stories. I'm thinking dark side smuggler or maybe light consular next to see them.
Scoundrel is my 2nd favorite Republic class behind JK. Would definately go with it over the consular with one exception. If you want to do all the datacrons, the Jedi shadow has some nice utility skills to help with those.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Into the final available chapter but not quite done, though it's obvious you're getting into a sort of interlude. Love the story. Cannot wait to go through and make a few different decisions with a different toon and see what happens. That and see different reactions on a few of the NPCs you run into.

I'll have a better feel for things after the weekend. Oh, and apparently Hatred/Serenity Assassin/Shadow is back to OP again. Get in while you can.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did the no buff no pack solo achievement for a Heroic Star Fortress to get the title. Influence ranks are freakin' overpowered, my rank 50 can heal through practically anything and does decent off-dps. Extremely dislike how the fortresses are all copy+paste basically, they needed a real secondary content with story to hold us over but once you've seen it once that's it.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
I did the no buff no pack solo achievement for a Heroic Star Fortress to get the title. Influence ranks are freakin' overpowered, my rank 50 can heal through practically anything and does decent off-dps. Extremely dislike how the fortresses are all copy+paste basically, they needed a real secondary content with story to hold us over but once you've seen it once that's it.
Haven't gotten to that point so what do you mean by "no buff no pack"?

Read some posts on the official forums that companions are significantly OP now, especially if you have a high Presence stat. People are saying they can sit back and do nothing and the companions will lay waste to everything.

moontayle

Golden Squire
There's a lot of achievements associated with the new Flashpoint. That one specifically requires you to run through with certain limitations.

I expect things will get adjusted as far as the Companions go. Also, companion overload. They weren't kidding about wanting to expand the system and let you decide who you want to run around with. 6 at the conclusion of Ch9. +2 if you've got Hk-51 and Treek. + ship droid. And you can recruit over a half dozen more.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If you have an hour to click through dialog you can log on to any lv50's and go to your ship to finish all the companion quests that were previously incomplete for +10 presence account wide each.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Okay, "an hour" was a serious underestimate. This bitch has me going to every planet twice
And you can't just crush you way through the low level quests anymore either. I'm not a big fan of the level adjustment they introduced for the planets.

Malakriss

FYI Rank 6 companion gifts for Artwork/Consumables are on the jawa scrap vendors. If you have a stockpile of greens you can get two of the main kotfe companions up to rank 30+ easy. HK still doesn't have a loves gift but consumables are also a favorite gift for him now.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
And you can't just crush you way through the low level quests anymore either. I'm not a big fan of the level adjustment they introduced for the planets.
I'm finding the opposite, I'm still destroying low level quests because of how powerful both I and my companions are. I'm pretty much loving level sync.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
level sync seems broken. sure my hp goes down to level appropriate but my damage and tank doesn't so i just 1 hit everything and they still do no dmg to me.

seems like a whole lot of coding time wasted for no benefit, trying to add something nobody wanted.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
level sync seems broken. sure my hp goes down to level appropriate but my damage and tank doesn't so i just 1 hit everything and they still do no dmg to me.

seems like a whole lot of coding time wasted for no benefit, trying to add something nobody wanted.
I'm extremely casual in this game. I feel I'm part of their targeted audience with these changes. I always keep my sub running but I know many in my situation do not. What I can say about the changes so far:

Amazing! I've never had so much fun leveling my guys. Story mode only was alright but it felt off Andy often times I'd be under leveled even with 12x. This new leveling is just awesome. Level sync, strong companions I don't have to gear, weakened mobs so I feel like a badass, yes yes yes please
smile.png

Edit: forgot to add nice exp on weekly heroics and even space missions were giving a crap load. Finally I can grind out some shit without being forced to pvp.

Malakriss

There is going to be a huge population dip at the end of next month until when they release the next story pack. They took too many things away and didn't put enough in its place to keep the treadmill going for too long. The raiders might have something to do if they want to get back to NiM farm levels but everyone else can immediately hop into SM with the bolster cause why would you need gear?

DavivMcD

Peasant

Low level stuff is balanced around you having shitty gear, low influence/presence for your companions, and you being at the minimum level range for the planet. The sync scales you down to the MAX level range (usually higher than you would ever be there), with a full set of optimized gear for your spec and a super buffed out companion. The plus side is you can group with lower level friends, and you still get xp (sometimes a lot) for what should be grey quests.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Low level stuff is balanced around you having shitty gear, low influence/presence for your companions, and you being at the minimum level range for the planet. The sync scales you down to the MAX level range (usually higher than you would ever be there), with a full set of optimized gear for your spec and a super buffed out companion. The plus side is you can group with lower level friends, and you still get xp (sometimes a lot) for what should be grey quests.
Basically this. It's really not much different than if you leveled up using purple gear/mods. I did that once, shit just melted.