SWTOR

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I haven't touched this game since I stopped playing it few months after release. I want to finish up a few storylines. Can you experience the storyline as a free account or it's better to subscribe?

moontayle

Golden Squire
I always tell people to sub. It's just not worth the headache to do so otherwise. You can get a free 7 days from using a referral link (and some goodies).

That said, you can go through the game as F2P and it's supposed to be better now since they shaved off the need for all the bear-ass quests. Might still need a few of those though, since last I checked F2P exp gain was gimped.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I always tell people to sub. It's just not worth the headache to do so otherwise. You can get a free 7 days from using a referral link (and some goodies).

That said, you can go through the game as F2P and it's supposed to be better now since they shaved off the need for all the bear-ass quests. Might still need a few of those though, since last I checked F2P exp gain was gimped.
The F2P is good enough to let you play enough through the story stuff to figure out if you think you would like the game enough to sub. If you continue playing the game I would always recommend subbing at least for when you are playing it actively. Plus side if money gets tight you can always let your sub lapse and still play around with it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I have a question about the instant 60's. When I leveled my Bounty Hunter up I missed the Homewrecker title and really want to get it but don't want to go back and redo it all. So is it possible for the instant 60 to get the titles you can gain from leveling up?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I have a question about the instant 60's. When I leveled my Bounty Hunter up I missed the Homewrecker title and really want to get it but don't want to go back and redo it all. So is it possible for the instant 60 to get the titles you can gain from leveling up?
The one I boosted didn't even get the appropriate achevements (like the level 50 acheve) so I doubt you'll get titles.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Just checked. My boosted 60 has zero titles, monies, inventory space, etc. They really just bare boned the level boost.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The entire point of the legendary icon and achievements is that you earn them; not simply pay Bioware more money.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So tempted to try this again. I still have my giant collectors box the game came in. Think last I played was a 2nd raid had just come out after doing Soa, was like some hutt palace or something, with the final boss in some giant machine that sprayed oil and shit everywhere, was pretty easy.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
The entire point of the legendary icon and achievements is that you earn them; not simply pay Bioware more money.
I would have no problems going back through the stuff again. The whole point of my asking is if it was possible.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I have to wait until next week. I was subbed up until a month ago. I didn't read the fine print of needing to be subbed THROUGH those dates to get early access. Meh. Looking forward to playing though, the video got me hyped during the Summer, and with the new movies coming even moreso.

Yeah, they made it easy enough with the 1500000% xp.

As someone who did 6/8 long ago, I can only imagine how the hardcore SWTOR players must feel. That shit wasn't hard, it was like EQ, a grind. I was queued for pvp 100% of the time on every character after my first just to get xp from any other method. My first char was a Cyborg and I was so pissed I didn't get the Human reward when Legacy hit.

edit: Not picking on Chanur, just the subject in general.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
So tempted to try this again. I still have my giant collectors box the game came in. Think last I played was a 2nd raid had just come out after doing Soa, was like some hutt palace or something, with the final boss in some giant machine that sprayed oil and shit everywhere, was pretty easy.
Unless money or time is an issue, just do it. It's a pretty fun game and it's retard proof. Even getting up 47x an evening to help with the wife and kids I'm like a superstar in SWTOR. It's that bad. But fun.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I have to wait until next week. I was subbed up until a month ago. I didn't read the fine print of needing to be subbed THROUGH those dates to get early access. Meh. Looking forward to playing though, the video got me hyped during the Summer, and with the new movies coming even moreso.

Yeah, they made it easy enough with the 1500000% xp.

As someone who did 6/8 long ago, I can only imagine how the hardcore SWTOR players must feel. That shit wasn't hard, it was like EQ, a grind. I was queued for pvp 100% of the time on every character after my first just to get xp from any other method. My first char was a Cyborg and I was so pissed I didn't get the Human reward when Legacy hit.

edit: Not picking on Chanur, just the subject in general.
I did 3 classes to max level before I quit a few years ago. Since they did the change I've done all the rest but 1. Guess I'll just re do the Bounty Hunter if I really want it.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok...I purchased the game 4 years ago or whatever. They wont give me the full inventory space without purchasing points? WTF kinda BS is that?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's all about having that authenticator attached to the account, and racking up thousands of Cartel Coins with a canceled sub. I had like 6k coins when I came back for a sub'd month last year, and after dropping them on inventory/QoL things (the unlock for top end gear is key) I'm back up to 1700 again. It's only 100 Cartel Coins a month, but hey, why not?

edit: totally forgot I resubbed for the MMO of the ONLY TWO PEOPLE JOINED Club. So at least 500 coins came from that. But still, Authenticator action.