SWTOR

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have thoughts on Jedi Guardian vs Sentinel? Might play this casually for fun, I'm mostly dps orientated but not sure where these two stack up against each other. If Sentinel isn't that much better dps wise then I'd rather play Guardian, prefer the single lightsaber look :p

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's incredible to me that after years of fuckawful dps queues they haven't added a 5th group slot or made it in any way convenient to swap specs.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's incredible to me that after years of fuckawful dps queues they haven't added a 5th group slot or made it in any way convenient to swap specs.
Yeah, the respec anywhere legacy perk helps a bit, but it's expensive (per character), and you can't save your hotbars.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone have thoughts on Jedi Guardian vs Sentinel? Might play this casually for fun, I'm mostly dps orientated but not sure where these two stack up against each other. If Sentinel isn't that much better dps wise then I'd rather play Guardian, prefer the single lightsaber look :p
i'm not sure to what extent this statement is still true with the changes, but sentinel basically is pointless.

If you are just playing casually for fun the guardian does the same dmg as the sentinel but also takes hits considerably better. it doesn't matter now that any companion can do anything but before, a sentinel/marauder would be hurting until you got your healer and would be stuck using their healer always, while a guardian/juggernaut can use a DPS companion the entire game and not flinch.

moontayle

Golden Squire
In that context yes but individually it's not that big a deal. My Operative was broke when I started FE, by the time I finished I had over a million credits. Last year when Revan came out I had several toons around 100k, and by the end of that one I had well over a million each. I funded my Tatooine stronghold entirely through that alone. Money is very easy to come by in this game, even if you don't work at it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Ship Quick Travel, Odessa Quick Travel, Altruism 3, Persuasion 3, Class Mission Xp 5, maybe Crafting 3. Everything else is fluff. Slice on Yavin or run Heroic 2s if you need credits for that.

DavivMcD

Peasant
Someone here was complaining that all the Sith armor sets look gay. What are you smoking?

rrr_img_113909.jpg
rrr_img_113910.jpg

rrr_img_113911.jpg
rrr_img_113912.jpg

Those all beat the hell out of smuggler armor sets, which are all variations of "Hey, remember Han Solo? Apparently that was a uniform."

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It's expensive anyway when you consider that it's not the only thing you will need to unlock. Credits may be easy to come by but they are a lot easier to blow.
This.

I make millions of credits, sure, and I spend them just as fast. Everything in the game costs a shit ton. Millions for cargo hold space alone. Just converting a pvp set to a legacy bound armor set and augmenting it costs several million. Per character. I think I spent like 4 mil on my white pvp crystal. And I still want to get a lightsaber that costs 6 mil. The game really doesn't need so many credit-sinks, especially something like the ability to respec anywhere. Alts are one of the good things about Swtor, and the legacy system reinforces that to a certain degree, but the per character perks suck when you have to buy them multiple times. And now we have the Alliance, which isn't shared. Ugh.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This.

I make millions of credits, sure, and I spend them just as fast. Everything in the game costs a shit ton. Millions for cargo hold space alone.

If you're paying millions per character cargo hold you're a jackass. Sorry, but you are.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
If you're paying millions per character cargo hold you're a jackass. Sorry, but you are.
I meant millions total, for 12 characters, that's including cargohold and inventory, and legacy storage. And fuck you.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I played the long game on Inventory space a while back. Snatched up Account Inventory unlocks when people listed them for cheap. It's been a while so I don't remember exactly but a couple of times I got it for less than the 200k final row unlock. Now when I make a new toon I don't have to worry about inventory since they're all unlocked.

And you're right, there's plenty to spend credits on. But on the whole credits are easy to make so I'm not sure what the gripe is.

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Since last Tuesday my main has made 18 million credits on KotFE story line, heroics, Star Fortress runs, and selling mods/enhancements from said runs at between 100k-250k each.

My other characters combined maybe another 5 to 7 million. It's very easy now.

My only gripe is that credit drops by npc's got nerfed hard. Missions rewards and bonus missions rewards got jacked up to make up for it. With the new heroic transport system doing a ton of heroics an hour is too easy.

I was afraid the level sync would kill my fun doing old world stuff. The opposite is true. I feel only slightly less overpowered doing stuff I out level now and the rewards feel greater since you get coms and alliance items for them once you are 61+. Plus the Star Fortress heroics are a nice bonus, the decos and such.

So far so good IMO.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I usually duo with a friend when we play this. While I've enjoyed the storyline quite a bit, it was sad that it was a single player thing for the most part.

As for the Alliance thing, felt like WoW garrison mostly, and kinda hated that so not very appealing to me.

Being the same story for each class kinda kills the replayability with the other classes, but that's probably why most of mine are stuck at 50 at the end of their respective storylines since everything since the original game has pretty much been like that.

It ended up being a play through for me and my friend, and we're in GW2 now. Looking forward to the rest of the story, but seeing how long each chapter was, it looks like it's gonna be 1-2 hours every month or so...that's not a lot to look forward to.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Speaking of the Alliance, does anyone know what c2-n2 needs for the Comfort weekly? The first time it completes automatically, but now I actually need something in my inventory and I have no idea what.