SWTOR

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
I've seen jugs take on a whole team like that but never marauders. He must have been getting heals from somewhere but there was nobody else around.

Maybe he had a lifeleech blade from diablo or something
biggrin.png

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Just finished up my JK story last night. Really Star-Warsy but that is what I was aiming for. The traditional Luke Skywalker deal. I need to get Kira up to her 1000 max social so I can see if there is a final quest for her.

I never did any of the Ilum content or Makeb content yet, so I may just keep going with him and see some of the other things I never did, including flashpoints. Maybe I can do some story operations. Never did any of those either. Then I'll probably start my smuggler. Who I made to look like a cross between Magnum PI and Ron Burgandy with a huge stache.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Also, if the Mara was running Annihilation spec his DoT crits will heal him (and the team) and his Berserk ability causes the next six DoT effects to auto crit.

The other thing is Operative heals. Heal over time is the quintessential fire and forget ability and it has such a huge impact on warzones. Even if they die or run away they're still healing teammates and they can essentially HoT up their entire team with very little resource depletion. They pretty much negate my spammable DoT. They also have their instant Heal which does use up a Tactical Advantage but if they're spreading HoTs around they essentially have an endless supply of it. Oh and they get a free TA every time they use the ability on someone below 30% health. If you into an Arena versus an Op or Scoundral healer, you better hope they're squishy or you're stacked with Burst damage.

Arterial

N00b
you only get the TA stack back every 10 seconds the 30% thing was nerfed a bit back so now you want to keep 2 stacks up at all time, the operative HoT is ok but its only something i cast out if my teams health is above 80%, which usually means you are fighting a bad team or a gaggle of dot classes

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Can you play this game yet by doing just the story line/planet story line and stay within the appropriate levels? Do you need like a double xp weekend or XP potions?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Can you play this game yet by doing just the story line/planet story line and stay within the appropriate levels? Do you need like a double xp weekend or XP potions?
No. You need to do all the filler. What a lot of people do though is wait for a double XP weekend, use potions on top of that, and run flashpoints until 50. And do this across some of the classes they want to see the story lines in. Than they do the story classes all at once and skip all the filler.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
No. You need to do all the filler. What a lot of people do though is wait for a double XP weekend, use potions on top of that, and run flashpoints until 50. And do this across some of the classes they want to see the story lines in. Than they do the story classes all at once and skip all the filler.
How long is it to max doing Flashpoints? I really want to do the storylines, but fuck doing all that filler bullshit.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
How long is it to max doing Flashpoints? I really want to do the storylines, but fuck doing all that filler bullshit.
Some people in Goon Squad are able to do it in less than a weekend when it is double XP. They have a new flashpoint everyone runs now and XP is very fast. Especially when you do the daily/weekly associated. You could probably do it in 3--4 days of average playing if you have a sub (You get nerfed XP as a non sub at 20) and some of the 3 hour XP potion bonuses. I Space Barred the filler but did most of it myself.

a_skeleton_03: Unfortunately no. They nerfed the Space missions. You can run dailies now, but there aren't many of them. For example you run the single space mission, then a second one, than a daily shows up where you do both combined. Then you have to wait until the next day.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have a ton of Cartel points, and I think I have most of the purchases legacy things you can get. What are the one character only things you should buy in case I get spare time to play this (not likely)?

moontayle

Golden Squire
you only get the TA stack back every 10 seconds the 30% thing was nerfed a bit back so now you want to keep 2 stacks up at all time, the operative HoT is ok but its only something i cast out if my teams health is above 80%, which usually means you are fighting a bad team or a gaggle of dot classes
Hmm. Well, even still, Op healers are the only ones it takes three of us beating on to guarantee a kill. Put a Jugg guard on them and you might as well be hitting them with a wet noodle (mostly true for all healers but Op healers just seem to massively outclass the others with a guard). They also have more survivability tricks. I mean, Vanish/Evasion/Roll is the ultimate get out of jail free card. In case you haven't noticed, not a fan of Op healers.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Can you still just bot the ship missions and be level 50 in 3 days?
You can bot ship missions, but I think the rewards go down to next to nothing pretty quick.

Getting to 50 is really, really easy though. People were botting ship missions for cash, not xp.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I have a ton of Cartel points, and I think I have most of the purchases legacy things you can get. What are the one character only things you should buy in case I get spare time to play this (not likely)?
Rocket boost is a must. I think I have most of my shit maxxed out so I'm not sure what is best. I like having my own market, mail, etc... in the ship. Rocket boost is the only must I can think of. I don't know about now, but it used to be best to buy packs with cartel coins and resell them on the market for cash.

Since you don't play a lot, it's hard to say. If you had a lot of Legacy, the Ewok is a monster and totally worth it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Rocket Boost to level 3, Teleport to 10 minute refresh, put a security log in key on the account to get 1 hour refresh unlimited vendor sold fleet passes, unlock level 10, 25, and 35 vehicle unlocks, and possibly, depending on class, unlock Trekk. That little ewok is hilarious and overpowered for most of the game as a companion. Other than that, I unlocked the droid on my ship, email on ship, and GTN on ship so I do not have to run around fleet all over when upgrading/selling. 3 hour XP pots for all experience gains. You will breeze right through even with side quests if you do this.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Planets have a main storyline and of course a piece of the personal class storyline, both can be nice and entertaining the first time, some filler quests are pointless and some open up when you kill certain mobs, but you hardly need to get out of your way to complete them (kill 20 of a certain kind, usually with more than one tier).
Non subs have a 25% xp penalty, or maybe it's 20%, which represents exactly the exp needed to finish your level range if you complete all the quests on a planet, but do no bonus serie, run no flashpoints, do no space missions, etc.
I play a little bit here and there, so I'm no xp grinder, but between flashpoints, the weekly LFD quest, the daily FP, the tactical flashpoint, etc. and some bits of rested exp, I tend to have grey quests by the time I finish the planet.

Arterial

N00b
I would get the class mission/flashpoint exp buffs, you can just do Kuat/Planet/Class flashpoints. For my last 55 i just did kuat until 45 for the most part, then i PvP my last 10 levels so i can twink out my no legacy slots and be mostly full brute at 55 , kuat is usually around 60% of a level until around 50

symbelmyne_sl

shitlord
I would get the class mission/flashpoint exp buffs, you can just do Kuat/Planet/Class flashpoints. For my last 55 i just did kuat until 45 for the most part, then i PvP my last 10 levels so i can twink out my no legacy slots and be mostly full brute at 55 , kuat is usually around 60% of a level until around 50
tried to do Kuat like that, it just gets so boring.