SWTOR

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
I've been MMO starved for a long while now. I was watching the Star Wars Rebels marathon on DisneyXD last night and said to myself, "self, I think I want to follow the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father before me." So I'm currently downloading. I'm eligible for the 7 day free as a subscriber thing. Is the 40% off 'epic story pack' a good deal? It's 40 bucks and you get a spiffy dark purple lighstaber or blaster bolt. Also, does rerolled have a presence on any particular server?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
"self, I think I want to follow the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father before me."
rrr_img_91847.jpg

The dark side is stronger. And we have cookies.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I wouldn't spend any.money on any packs or anything. Its f2p so play it, that takes u to 50. If you like it enough to warrant pulling out your wallet to sub then do so, that will take u to 55. then if u really enjoy the story go ahead and drop 20 bucks on the latest expansion that takes u to 60. The cash shop is all cosmetic fluff shit you don't really need, including those story or starter packs.

Saban_sl

shitlord
Problem with playing F2p is basic F2P is half normal exp and silver status or whatever is 75% normal exp. No thanks.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'd say it's worth it. I mean, you can certainly find worse things to drop $40 on and you can definitely get 2mo worth of play out of this.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
If you are enjoying yourself you can opt to sub long before you hit 50 to get rid of the f2p inconveniences. My point was i wouldn't buy a pack. You'll get the purple black crystal just for being a sub at the end of the month anyway.

Arterial

N00b
I've been MMO starved for a long while now. I was watching the Star Wars Rebels marathon on DisneyXD last night and said to myself, "self, I think I want to follow the ways of the Force and become a Jedi like my father before me." So I'm currently downloading. I'm eligible for the 7 day free as a subscriber thing. Is the 40% off 'epic story pack' a good deal? It's 40 bucks and you get a spiffy dark purple lighstaber or blaster bolt. Also, does rerolled have a presence on any particular server?
not really Moon is on the ebon hawk, I am on Jedi Cov as Arterial if anyone ever needs anything for a new toon I don't mind helping out I have more creds then i will ever spend

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Two quick questions:

Have they reigned in ability bloat somewhat since last summer (not as bad as EQ2 but it was annoying me)?

Are there any returning player perks that a current player would also benefit from, or is just taking this 7 days offer the best course of action?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Yes and No. They moved to a new Skill Tree system called Disciplines and in some cases they added new abilities to replace earlier ones (i.e. they share a cooldown) and in other cases they added an entirely new ability (or two). Depends on the Disclipline. It's definitely not as bad as EQ2.

Arterial

N00b
Two quick questions:

Have they reigned in ability bloat somewhat since last summer (not as bad as EQ2 but it was annoying me)?

Are there any returning player perks that a current player would also benefit from, or is just taking this 7 days offer the best course of action?
Many of the new skills replaced pre existing ones and some classes just had skills removed entirely Operatives lost 3 for instance, it really depends on the class/spec. Personally i like the larger amount of ability's pressing 5 buttons can get boring. That being said i did not have to add any keybinds for 3.0

3.0 UI

http://i.imgur.com/jWKkr6j.jpg

2.x UI

http://i.imgur.com/Q6XQzP6.jpg

Arterial

N00b
I am OP! (jK) i did finally break 2kdps the other night, concealment pulls better dps in wz's than lethality does now /boggle, the best i was able to pull in Lethality was like 1900. I kinda of bolster exploit my set tho, I run the old 15% to backstab crit from the Rakata sets

Been playing with concealment lately when I solo Q, op healing is kinda lagging behind the pack lately. Gonna make my merc my healer

moontayle

Golden Squire
Love my Concealment Op. Just got mine to max expertise but even at 1700 I was wrecking shit left and right.

Arterial

N00b
Yeah, i can pretty much kill anything. I take back what I previously said about them being much weaker than sins for 1v1's. Our guild is holding a dueling tourney soon it should be fun

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
oh 12x story xp? i was about to cancel but i guess i can level the classes i haven't yet using that and ignoring all the other quests

Arterial

N00b
The expansion was very thin content wise, hopefully they are done with alot of this QoL content and they can actually start making some playable content

Moon I made an operative on Ebon Hawk, do you still play? Im 57, trying to get to VR 40 before i hit 60

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
That story xp buff is worth subbing for a month. If it's always on for subs (and it should be) they should make some cash.

Shit they should sell that as a $60 item like WOW's instant level 90.

Arterial

N00b
That story xp buff is worth subbing for a month. If it's always on for subs (and it should be) they should make some cash.

Shit they should sell that as a $60 item like WOW's instant level 90.
Yep, I agree but you would have the P2W lynch mob out with their pitchforks unfortunately.

They really just need to figure out what kind of game they want to be at this point, and stick with it. They are really falling behind in PvE/PvP content