SWTOR

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Any way to get a free server transfer still?

Good to see my gear was at least slightly better than the stuff it gives you free within an hour of being 55 now, heh.

Sterling

El Presidente
Installing this now. My characters are all on Prophecy of 5 or whatever server it was that fatman got merged into. Would not necessarily be apposed to starting fresh somewhere since my guys are all from vanilla and would need to catch up anyways.

Sterling

El Presidente
Seems like a bunch of people talking about Shadowlands, doesn't matter that much to me though, game for wherever.

Sterling

El Presidente
Did up a Marauder named Aarkan as well. Also, the LFG tool at low level doesn't seem to want to fire, spent over an hour in it looking for black talon last night and then eventually just outleveled it on my sorc!

Arterial

N00b
Installing this now. My characters are all on Prophecy of 5 or whatever server it was that fatman got merged into. Would not necessarily be apposed to starting fresh somewhere since my guys are all from vanilla and would need to catch up anyways.
POT5 is a dying server, best you move :p

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm usually on Teac my newish juggernaut or Swico my old Operative Shadowlands impside. If we get the 4(I think?) people it requires to form a guild we'll probably do so unless there's a better place for us all to go. I know of 5 so far but our schedules are all a little different so it's gonna be pretty casual. If you post your in game name here I can send you some starter cash if you're new so you can at least unlock a couple bag slots.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Well, the expansion sure goes by fast.
Think of it more like a DLC season pass. For $20 you get 5 more levels, two new planets, two new flashpoints (the 4 from the SoR prelude came out a few months before release) a continuation of the overall story, and the ability to wait for the rest of the content to get filled in.

Tomorrow brings 3.2, which actually does that. New planet, Ziost.

Though honestly, I would kill for a new PvP map. They haven't released a new Warzone since 2013. Well, new warzone that wasn't Huttball or Arenas.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Huh, I didn't know more stuff was coming out. Will basic comm gear move up a rank or is there not another raid tier yet? I'd better look it up before I buy it all out since questing left me halfway through 59.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Though honestly, I would kill for a new PvP map. They haven't released a new Warzone since 2013. Well, new warzone that wasn't Huttball or Arenas.
This.

It's what keeps me subbed, but not playing. Great game, only MMO I still actively play. A new class would be cool too with it's own campaign/storyline.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
As I dig around PTS patch notes I wonder if I should be preparing my anus for another Makeb, although they sure as hell are throwing a ton of QOL improvements at us. First thing I noted was how much less punishing the content was compared to the Dread Masters stuff, like they'd done a 180 towards accessibility (solo flashpoints for leveling? - great idea since they are part of the story progression) Hell I haven't even died yet, wheras I had to deck out Mako and Blitz to have a chance to solo some of those ass pounding dailies - and Blitz was a speedbump to give me just enough time. Luckily people did frequently group for that stuff. Hell, some of the original story missions could be rough as hell for a solo dps class. And I'm probably forgetting to use half my utility, and that's okay because heat management is SO MUCH EASIER.

Are they expanding solo flashpoints to the old stuff? Hell they might have already for all I know, there's a lot of patch notes to sift through in the last year.

And forgive my shitty memory - the Emperor they are referencing that tortured Revan for 300 years etc is the same one mentioned as the Big Bad at the end of kotor2 and was killed off in the opening Jedi Knight/Sith Inquistior(?) storylines, right? I never even got to see him as a BH.

I never actually finished any story other than BH. 12x XP makes that awfully tempting. Operator for another imp, and JK tank I guess for pub and to get the main storyline? I have an old guardian and shadow both at 20ish that were started and abandoned.

With TOR I always had what I now refer to with WoW as The Hunter Problem. I just liked BH/Merc gameplay flat out better than everything else and couldn't get another class out of the 20s. Blowing shit up with missiles and grenades was cooler than having a dozen different ways to chop at things with a light saber and if queues were pissing me off I could easily go healer, but back then merc heat capping was kind of crippling vs any other heals. No idea how they stack up now, is Operator still the god-mode healer?

This game seems very easy to enjoy casually. I think what soured me last time was that fucking HK-51 quest. Also I felt like a major idiot because I thought the unlocks I bought with credits were legacy-wide. (oh boy, I can use speeders at lower level on my max level character! Fucking derp...)

PS: Coffee.
PPS: Quick travel / fleet pass etc to be shortened to 0 min cooldown with the perks. It's almost like they knew I was coming. I still say their speeders are too fucking slow though. The environments look awesome to drive through and all but - did they not see ROTJ?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Huh, I didn't know more stuff was coming out. Will basic comm gear move up a rank or is there not another raid tier yet? I'd better look it up before I buy it all out since questing left me halfway through 59.
They established this method of doing things with Makeb expansion. You get the leveling experience, some new basic content, new Operations, and then they add new things with each patch cycle (which is on a 9 week timer).

Basic comm gear from Yavin gets you entry level stuff for Hard Mode Flashpoints and Story Mode Operations. Through those you gain Elite Comms which is the next tier of equipment, and Ultimate Comms which is currently top end gear. Ops drop shells for other gear which is where set bonuses come in. So three tiers of gear, Basic, Elite, Ultimate.

I'm not sure how they progress things. I believe at some point they do move things up a tier (like Elite gear will become Basic gear. Ultimate-> Elite and there will be new Ultimate gear), but that usually only happens when they drop a new set of Operations.