SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So far the All Packs sale has been underwhelming, the packs people bought and listed are almost all from the most recent or the old ones that were recently on sale anyways. Seems like it only rewards the people with mass cartel coins from referrals who will sit on their supply or the gold sellers who use stolen credit cards to buy the stuff and then sell idiots the credits to buy their own product.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
So far the All Packs sale has been underwhelming, the packs people bought and listed are almost all from the most recent or the old ones that were recently on sale anyways. Seems like it only rewards the people with mass cartel coins from referrals who will sit on their supply or the gold sellers who use stolen credit cards to buy the stuff and then sell idiots the credits to buy their own product.
The sale isn't underwhelming if you actually buy the packs you want. Not being able to buy the packs you want off of the market for credits is pretty unrelated to the sale itself.

Arterial

N00b
its a total waste of time don;'t bother, you get title for a ton a work, and I have the title
frown.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'd say don't listen to him but I kind of feel the same way about them. But then I've been playing off and on since release. They're something else to do if you haven't burnt out on them.

SWTOR has recurring events. Gree, Bounty Week, Rakghoul. Each has a faction associated with it, reputation to be earned, items to get. They're generally worth it from certain points of view but rarely have anything new to offer. That's changed this time around as 4.0 will bring back items from the one-off events they had (original Rakghoul and a scavenger hunt on Nar Shadaa) that need special currency from the three recurring events to buy.

Conquest is a weekly event that cycles through various achievement-like tasks to gain points. Ostensibly your guild (if it has a ship) is "conquering" a planet. Hit a certain point total, get credits, scrap currency for the jawas to get mats, and some material furniture for your stronghold. If you're in a guild in the top 10 point totals for a planet you get more credits, more jawa scrap, more mat furniture, and an item your guild needs to unlock more parts of the ship.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'd say don't listen to him but I kind of feel the same way about them. But then I've been playing off and on since release. They're something else to do if you haven't burnt out on them.

SWTOR has recurring events. Gree, Bounty Week, Rakghoul. Each has a faction associated with it, reputation to be earned, items to get. They're generally worth it from certain points of view but rarely have anything new to offer. That's changed this time around as 4.0 will bring back items from the one-off events they had (original Rakghoul and a scavenger hunt on Nar Shadaa) that need special currency from the three recurring events to buy.

Conquest is a weekly event that cycles through various achievement-like tasks to gain points. Ostensibly your guild (if it has a ship) is "conquering" a planet. Hit a certain point total, get credits, scrap currency for the jawas to get mats, and some material furniture for your stronghold. If you're in a guild in the top 10 point totals for a planet you get more credits, more jawa scrap, more mat furniture, and an item your guild needs to unlock more parts of the ship.
Seriously? I have the full set from the original rakghoul invasion and the title and everyone compliments me on it.

Lame!

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
I've never done any Conquests so I have no clue what they are, but the events are actually pretty decent and you can get a ton more than just a title. I'm actually glad they are running them more often coming up, hopefully they will add new ones in the future.