SWTOR

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
On chapter 5. I presume this Star Fortress has a bit of story then it's back to ol' endgame grind? I'll probably drop this at that point to hit up gw2 some more.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Star Fortresses are a part of the endgame solo grind yeah. The bosses in it drop boe 208 mods but the prices are tumbling - I made millions from my initial runs.

I'm curious if doing guild conquest stuff is a worthwhile way to get companion gifts, vs using that time just sending crew on diplomacy missions. I don't know why the r6 gifts weren't added to diplo - because fuck you, I guess?

Solo mode fp - you don't queue for it, you go to the entrance to the fp. (usually on fleet)

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I already have enough spare 216 enhancements to have any stats I want - but only 2 set pieces. There are still a few raids I've never seen before or managed to finish, I think.

Caeden

So I see that star fortresses are on different planets. Are they truly unique or what?

Also, how tied into the story are they?

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's basically a randomized flashpoint. From an engineering standpoint it's actually kind of cool as each "level" in it is put together using modular rooms. While you do ultimately end up with a few setups that are similar, it's varied enough that even after dozens of runs I still sometimes get turned around. The only aspects that are the same are the level with the first boss, the Ephemeris room, and the power core area. It's still fairly straightforward though. Couple mini bosses (the paladins), a random bonus objective that pops up after you've completed that planet's Heroic version (which doubles as an influence boost to your current companion and whichever companion is linked to that planet's resistance), and that's about it.

It's tied into the story from the Alliance aspect as you're ostensibly recruiting people to join your fight against the Eternal Empire. Whether or not that means anything in the long run is still undetermined.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It's basically a randomized flashpoint. From an engineering standpoint it's actually kind of cool as each "level" in it is put together using modular rooms. While you do ultimately end up with a few setups that are similar, it's varied enough that even after dozens of runs I still sometimes get turned around. The only aspects that are the same are the level with the first boss, the Ephemeris room, and the power core area. It's still fairly straightforward though. Couple mini bosses (the paladins), a random bonus objective that pops up after you've completed that planet's Heroic version (which doubles as an influence boost to your current companion and whichever companion is linked to that planet's resistance), and that's about it.

It's tied into the story from the Alliance aspect as you're ostensibly recruiting people to join your fight against the Eternal Empire. Whether or not that means anything in the long run is still undetermined.
This sounds like missions in AO, did you play that at all? I haven't done these yet, barely touched ToR since I installed it but planning on getting more into it.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Star Fortresses are a part of the endgame solo grind yeah. The bosses in it drop boe 208 mods but the prices are tumbling - I made millions from my initial runs.

I'm curious if doing guild conquest stuff is a worthwhile way to get companion gifts, vs using that time just sending crew on diplomacy missions. I don't know why the r6 gifts weren't added to diplo - because fuck you, I guess?

Solo mode fp - you don't queue for it, you go to the entrance to the fp. (usually on fleet)
Thanks I got it. I had 2 Flashpoints in my quest log and I had to abandon them. Once I did it the NPC gave me the option to either do it solo or in a group.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Good to see even with nerfed mechanics the enrage timer on Underlurker can still be a pug destroyer. If neither tank has a DPS set you can be in for a bad time.

Caeden

On ch. 7. Good story. I have a hard time understanding how it works with a non-force class, but whatever. Definitely feels like I'll unsub right after a Star Fortress run.

My cloak also distracts from cinematics. Always glitchin. I walk around like Darth Marilyn Monroe

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
since launch ive had the same problem with this game the available races are too limited and too human like

give me trandoshan or something and id go ham on this bitch but human/human with horns/blue human is just lame

Jait

Molten Core Raider
since launch ive had the same problem with this game the available races are too limited and too human like

give me trandoshan or something and id go ham on this bitch but human/human with horns/scales human is just lame
Riiiight.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On Shadowlands there has been quite a few reports of ninja looters, notably in the HM EV this week. Ninja looters are not people who roll Need despite winning something else prior they are typically the ops leader and flip on Master Looter (aka Ninja Looter) just before engaging the last boss.

There was also apparently a ninja loot that happened on the first boss one time, to which everyone laughed, reformed, and cleared to get the main hand afterwards.

Arakkis

N00b
WTF? They got rid of all the reusable medpacks, stims, and adrenals? What is the point of being biochem now? All those fucking hours leveling that shit up are now totally wasted. What a stupid decision.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Arrakis, I noticed that too. My info is outdated, but last time I played hardcore, the reusables were far less powerful than the single uses so the only time we used them was as a backup. Either they're drops now, or they just eliminated them. Still some of the best selling items in game.

On Shadowlands there has been quite a few reports of ninja looters, notably in the HM EV this week. Ninja looters are not people who roll Need despite winning something else prior they are typically the ops leader and flip on Master Looter (aka Ninja Looter) just before engaging the last boss.

There was also apparently a ninja loot that happened on the first boss one time, to which everyone laughed, reformed, and cleared to get the main hand afterwards.
The ninja problem has gotten really bad it's become clich?. Everyone whines now about joining a pug only to have someone or everyone drop when the loot rules are known. I have no idea why they made it so user-unfriendly. There's got to be a better way.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I think I finished chapter 9? Or something, I got to a base and started talking to some new random npcs and my character was no longer saying anything so I pretty much stopped then. Any word on when next story chapter is coming? I honestly don't want the mmo aspect any more, I just want to fight against the pee coloured lightsaber empire

moontayle

Golden Squire
WTF? They got rid of all the reusable medpacks, stims, and adrenals? What is the point of being biochem now? All those fucking hours leveling that shit up are now totally wasted. What a stupid decision.
They got rid of all reusable stuff with the last expansion. It's actually better imo, the purple stims are 8hrs and are clearly more powerful than the blue ones. The reusables were a convenience factor but a minor one at best.

Got back on the PvP saddle last night. About ready to jump off again. I love when I triple the damage output of my entire team, really I do.

Taho

N00b
It's actually better imo, the purple stims are 8hrs and are clearly more powerful than the blue ones.
Except I had a purple 8 hour stim on me (because I assumed it was still reusable), then died to Rahghoul poisoning and the stim buff disappeared. This game is still buggy as shit.

Caeden

Welp, finished chapter 9. Did a solo star fortress and got to the "finds man." He asked me to find some junk then realized I was about to embark on the swtor garrison quests where everyone has the bodyguard trait.

My guild I randomly joined is also full of super friendly people that want to do all sorts of group activities...but I don't play swtor for that. Promptly canceled and logged into GW2 for some casual group fun until Legion.

I don't see the point in staying subbed. I'll let the chapters build up for 4-5 months then knock them out. This is just an awful mmo but an amazing single player game.