SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When players are reduced down to Conquest and the selected GF of the day for meaningful content (and recycled heroics for the week!) with no other options it does not make a good MMO.

4 years later and we're still doing Belsavis dailies for Ashara affection. Why? Because she's the only damn sorc healer companion we can customize gear on. Nice use of that new system, devs.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've done all the raids at least once on gimp mode now. Also reached cap on my legacy and collected all the pokemons. It's starting to feel like winning the game, at least on the char I started the game with.

However, I can't stop myself from thinking about what alt I could play. Powertech and Marauder both seem cooler, stronger and more rare than mercenary.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I've done all the raids at least once on gimp mode now. Also reached cap on my legacy and collected all the pokemons. It's starting to feel like winning the game, at least on the char I started the game with.

However, I can't stop myself from thinking about what alt I could play. Powertech and Marauder both seem cooler, stronger and more rare than mercenary.
I see you have an Addictive Personality too, sir.

Yeap. That's how SWTOR goes. You finish and collect everything. Realize your houses need guards, massive fucking statues, and other shit. You'll have every tradeskill, all your alts with all their premade purple mods, weapons, etc... in their banks waiting for them. You'll create Alts like "Robo'Cap" in full robot gear with handguns, and when you absolutely roll over every noob levelling up, you will cap objectives and say "You're move, creep." Then you get bored and quit for 6 months. Then you'll come back and start collecting all the stuff from the past 6 months
tongue.png

This has been my SWTOR experience for several years. I really need to post pics of my characters, it'll crack some of you guys up.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My stronghold is literally just full of whatever item comes up when I click on the hook so I can have my 25% bonus to conquest. It looks like an item generator threw up - you can't even walk in some of the rooms. And if CQ points weren't over so quickly I'd do the same in the more expensive apartments, but I don't think it was worth the time or credits.

Of course my EQ2 house looked like one of those hoarder episodes involving animals living in three feet deep poop. I admired the work people put into guild halls but couldn't really care less about decorating for myself.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I was bored one day.

Then it turned into a month. And seriously..I don't think anyone has seen it but me. That's crazy for you. I never put any effort into housing before. My EQ2 one has a shrine when you walk in for miracles or whatever, the teleporters, but the rest of the house needs a team of Rust Monsters working around the clock.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Some bluehair twat got all offended when I referred to the basement of their EQ2 guildhall as a "rape dungeon" and this was nearly a decade before anyone ever said SJW or "triggered." It's some kind of requirement to fill every basement with S&M shit I swear.

In TOR, there appears to be a requisite strip club. But ME does it better.

But what keeps me hooked are the more tangible +gooder type stuff.

Arakkis

N00b
Still some of the best selling items in game.
Which makes a credit cap even more annoying.

They got rid of all reusable stuff with the last expansion. It's actually better imo, the purple stims are 8hrs and are clearly more powerful than the blue ones. The reusables were a convenience factor but a minor one at best.
I would GLADLY accept a few less points if it meant I did not have to farm plants for three different items.

Profundis

Silver Knight of the Realm
My strongholds look awful. I guess the Nar Shaddaa one is sort of passable, but the others are all just click hook, put the first thing in the list on said hook, rinse, repeat. Kind of a pain in the ass but it makes getting conquest points retarded easy.

My EQ2 house was the same way. I always said I'd try to make it look decent, but I'd get five minutes in, say fuck it, then go do something else.

Rescorla_sl

shitlord
The whining on the forums about the companion nerf is pathetic. The companions were so OP that there was zero challenge in the game. What exactly is the point of playing any game if you automatically win everything? I did all 9 chapters, numerous Star Fortresses, and numerous Heroic 2s with companions in DPS mode and even then I rarely dropped below 75% health because my companion was doing about 5X more DPS than I was.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
You can still send the tank comp in and tab out for most h2s, but it's more of a grind rather than a slaughter. But yeah, comp power was cut right in half, even at 3000 presence.

A few of the heroic Star Fortress fights I did dip into the 40% hp range, But that was doing absolutely nothing to help out the healer - no self heals, defensive cooldowns, CC, or pulling aggro on adds. Hell I don't even move out of bad unless it's some annoying stun/knockback. I can still clear it as quickly as before.

You can really tell a difference if the healer draws enough mobs though. It will fall behind on itself pretty quickly, so you want to be the one tanking. Just like, you know, the original comps even when decked out in raid gear. The main difference is the old healers were better at helping with dps but still weaker at healing than what we have now.

And then there's the whole "don't have to gear them" thing. So QQ.

So I fucked up yesterday and did a raid that has no loot I need. I have to start looking that shit up now.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Joining the OP meta and leveling up my vanguard.
Yeah, I've been using mine for a couple weeks now. I find truly, the best way to play this game is always as the fotm unless you're dead set on a character.

Makes it so much more fun. It's not a game where you really have to work for levels after all.

edit: The exception for me being Smuggler. First class I played, played it straight to 50 near release. Played it for 6 months, never touched it again.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Tanking or going for uber point blank dps mode? I'm tempted to use my free 60 on one. Godly AND rare, nice combo.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Have you played a Sorc yet? I find those incredibly fun. Tanks not so much, though I really did enjoy my Sentinel when they were OP a year or two ago.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sorcs are fun but since the devs nerfed their big hitters they haven't been near the top of the PVE dps. I guess that doesn't really matter if you're only doing GFs but if you're trying to jump into the priority ops for 224 they might not take you.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Sorcs are fun but since the devs nerfed their big hitters they haven't been near the top of the PVE dps. I guess that doesn't really matter if you're only doing GFs but if you're trying to jump into the priority ops for 224 they might not take you.
Heh. Thanks. That's really good to know as finishing off Darth Papas was next on my list. Another FotM from days past. Sorcs used to be pvp gods.