SWTOR

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Frankly, they should leave double xp on all the time. Either you play to see each class story or you're in the wrong game.

ixian_sl

shitlord
Frankly, they should leave double xp on all the time. Either you play to see each class story or you're in the wrong game.
I wish this were the case. I started playing a bounty hunter the weekend before last and was having a reasonably enjoyable time, but I stopped when I realized I wouldn't be able to make it to cap before the double EXP promotions ended.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I wish this were the case. I started playing a bounty hunter the weekend before last and was having a reasonably enjoyable time, but I stopped when I realized I wouldn't be able to make it to cap before the double EXP promotions ended.
They are on going for the next couple weekends right? I know they start again on Friday.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does it work for preferred f2p players or is if turned off for us? I'd play my Jk or agent to wrap up the main storyline.

Proff_sl

shitlord
They are on going for the next couple weekends right? I know they start again on Friday.
Actually, I thought I heard they were going to start this weekends early for the holiday. I think it actually starts tomorrow morning.

Edit: Yes: July 4, 2013 (6:00AM CDT / 11:00AM GMT) to July 8, 2013 (2:00AM CDT / 7:00AM GMT)

ixian_sl

shitlord
This upcoming weekend is the last one; last weekend I was on vacation and I'm probably going to be spending most of my time this weekend packing unfortunately.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Does it work for preferred f2p players or is if turned off for us? I'd play my Jk or agent to wrap up the main storyline.
I've played the last day and gained 5 levels on my F2P account. My understanding is the double exp works, but rested does not. I tried to check the SWTOR site for the difference in exp gain between free to play and subs, but they didn't actually provide any relevant information

I do wish double exp was on all the time, though. It really makes leveling nice, even with F2P restrictions.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I want to say they removed the restriction of exp gain from F2P but I'm not entirely sure. I keep up with Dev posts and seem to recall it but I also read a lot of Massively so it may very well have been an entirely different game. I will say that the 2xp weekends are the first time in a while that I've actually leveled a toon up, but this is coming from a guy who has 10 characters between 50 and 55.

Server transfers opened so I took a toon and moved it to POT5 (PvP server). They had a campaign on the forums to get serious PvP players on their server. Frankly, I'm not sure if it's possible but the derp is quite possibly stronger there than on Ebon Hawk (RP server). I've never seen such a total disregard for objective play since I started PvPing. Half the time people are just looking for enemies to ambush in the middle of nowhere for some arbitrary solo kill. Most common response: "It's just regs". Yes, because bad PvP play is totally okay if a rating isn't involved.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I want to say they removed the restriction of exp gain from F2P but I'm not entirely sure.
It is still there for both preferred and F2P.

With that said they should just make the double XP gains permanent.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I want to say they removed the restriction of exp gain from F2P but I'm not entirely sure. I keep up with Dev posts and seem to recall it but I also read a lot of Massively so it may very well have been an entirely different game. I will say that the 2xp weekends are the first time in a while that I've actually leveled a toon up, but this is coming from a guy who has 10 characters between 50 and 55.

Server transfers opened so I took a toon and moved it to POT5 (PvP server). They had a campaign on the forums to get serious PvP players on their server. Frankly, I'm not sure if it's possible but the derp is quite possibly stronger there than on Ebon Hawk (RP server). I've never seen such a total disregard for objective play since I started PvPing. Half the time people are just looking for enemies to ambush in the middle of nowhere for some arbitrary solo kill. Most common response: "It's just regs". Yes, because bad PvP play is totally okay if a rating isn't involved.
There's a 25% penalty to exp for non subscribers, but one can circumvent that with a 25% bonus item from the Cartel Store. Since I had 1500 cartel points due to owning an authenticator I bought a few, and played most of yesterday, too. I was able to get up to level 35. I'm on Ebon Hawk, also. I really don't mind the exp penalty, but one thing that is annoying about their F2P is the fact I can't equip artifact level gear. I hated that garbage from SOE and I really do not like it from BioEA.

Your PVP story is pretty much the norm in every MMO I've played over the last 15 years where an organized guild or group was not involved, with the exception of DAOC on Percival where the community was actually decent and the derps were the outliers.

uup2it_sl

shitlord
I found a way around the artifact thing that's not too hard to get. Basically they sell the item to do the unlock on the game auction house. I picked up a atrifact account wide unlock for 400k creds. I had to do some working with seller as i was caped at 350k per toon but just had to set up a trade time and got it done. I've managed to unlock account wide artifact equip, head slot hide, 3rd crew skill, and extra cargo hold all with just creds.

Caeden

I dunno. That was one of the better dungeons but yeah pretty much.

I love that all the shit on the 10yr anniversary costs cartel coins. EA is putting udders everywhere it can on this fucking game.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I dunno. That was one of the better dungeons but yeah pretty much.

I love that all the shit on the 10yr anniversary costs cartel coins. EA is putting udders everywhere it can on this fucking game.
Yeah Revan being delegated to being off'd by a 4 man crew was ridiculous. And it isn't even a hard fight. At 40% he just starts channeling lightning which you walk away from for 5 seconds, and with about 20% health he starts chucking Asteroids everywhere. A pinnacle of KOTOR should have had his own operation story line. Same with HK-51. There could have been a lot more done here than just pigeon holing the staple character of the time period IP to a 4 person flash point.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
There could have been a lot more done here
That pretty much covers SWTOR in a nutshell. Really, this game is half single player, and half WOW clone theme park. I enjoy the single player Bioware stuff, sans the silly grinds, and the Star Wars lore is fun, but it's a shame they had no sort of original vision for this game and just wanted to copy what was already out there. They should have done something fresh with Revan endgame given he's the main KOTOR guy.

Now with the Cartel Store it's closer to a Zynga game than an MMO.

Caeden

I'm pretty much waiting for some private server to basically grant god mode and all unlocks so I can see the rest of the stories ungimped without giving another dime to EA. it is a zynga game

But by god I have a darth malgus statue. Fuck me. Selling it for 149.99 if anyone is interested!!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why the fuck is Revan even in the game, much less a shitty dungeon boss? Isn't he off past the rim in the halo stars dealing with the sith empire after the events of KOTOR 1? And why the fuck do you even fight him?

I'm pretty much waiting for some private server to basically grant god mode and all unlocks so I can see the rest of the stories ungimped without giving another dime to EA. it is a zynga game

But by god I have a darth malgus statue. Fuck me. Selling it for 149.99 if anyone is interested!!

In North Korea they are melting the statues into ash trays you maybe mate can sell them to them.
They each get issued 1 ash tray after 10 years service in the army with no pay, I heard.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
That pretty much covers SWTOR in a nutshell. Really, this game is half single player, and half WOW clone theme park. I enjoy the single player Bioware stuff, sans the silly grinds, and the Star Wars lore is fun, but it's a shame they had no sort of original vision for this game and just wanted to copy what was already out there. They should have done something fresh with Revan endgame given he's the main KOTOR guy.

Now with the Cartel Store it's closer to a Zynga game than an MMO.
Opinion Time: Star Trek Online is better at being a Star Trek game than SWTOR is at being a Star Wars game.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I agree somewhat. Star Trek Online seems more like the old Star Fleet Battles board game, and has less of a 'MMO clone' feel to it like SWTOR. SWTOR has good lore and a Star Wars'sy feel, but it doesn't nail it like Galaxies did, but then again it's supposed to be 'The Old Republic'.

I just wish STO had nailed the bridge, group, mission thing better than the Earth & Beyond you are your ship setup. If it's star Trek I need Spock on the bridge, or to tell #1 to beam down and stop banging Troi.