SWTOR

Calroon_sl

shitlord
Paid beta testing seems more popular than ever these days. Guess enough support it.
Awesome direction, but what can you expect from a MMO with a skeleton crew behind it.

I really wonder how all the team and studio leads manage to stay "positive". Drugs?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So lost. Apparently 1.1 was the last time I played and I didn't even finish all the dungeons because fuck not having group finder. Also I hear that mercenary is now shit-tier dps but oh well.

I'll just go through makeb and other post 2.0 stuff while queuing for lv50 hms and figure the rest of the shit out later if I still care.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So far, the good:
Dungeon finder works
Lots of new content
Gear system quickly catches you up to the old lv50 raid sets
lv50 content is not obsoleted
Dungeons are actually worth doing
Frequent pugs for low tier raids

The bad:
Practically everything that was bad two years ago is still bad.
GCDs yet no ability fires
Weird animation bugs like getting stuck shooting
No UI mods, not even EQ1 cosmetics
No macros
Can't save talents for easy swapping
Can't save hotbar layouts for easy swapping
Can't disable showing others debuffs on target
No combat log
Pointless transitional areas are still pointless transitional areas
Space mission quests still don't show you where the fucking things are on the galaxy map (GAH!)
Heroic Space missions reward far too little for the cost / amount of farming needed to gear up for them
Obnoxious shit like weapon mods becoming forever offhand only after you apply them to an offhand weapon
Bloated as fuck alt currency/gearing system, with many tiers of loot that are each minor upgrades over the other.
Game uses ilvl to gate group finder, but you can't actually see your ilvl without whipping out a calculator
Items that upgrade your ilvl actually fuck your dps because you lose your set bonus for a pissant amount of stats
Two dps classes have major raid utility while the rest are considered useless dead weight
AH annoyances - can only input stack price, can't see vendor price of items

So, pretty much as expected. They added content but improved almost nothing beyond adding the group finder, which of course is a fucking huge help but the game never should have launched without it to begin with.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yup. And that list and my Star Wars fandom are why I constantly battle myself on re subbing.

Toxxulian_sl

shitlord
Something about running around with a lightsaber makes every single one of those issues fade away.

I find the dungeons really fun as well, get a group of friends on vent and you feel like you are apart of the story. Can't really say that about any other mmo's instanced dungeons.

bayr_sl

shitlord
It looks kind of interesting and I find myself thinking surely they've really fixed up this game in the 2 years it has been out but then I look at that horrible UI and remember this is the company that breaks it down into microtransactions rather make it not the most offensively ugly thing ever

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I like the dungeons. They are enhanced by the huge amount of skippable trash. For some reason sneaking around armies of shit makes it feel less like corridor-room-corridor. They are also massive by today's standard. Bosses don't do much though, and there's only 2(?) new 55 dungeons.

Cybsled

I do miss SWTOR dungeons in so far that it was rewarding to sneak by mobs or throw them to their deaths for instant kills.

ixian_sl

shitlord
SWTOR dungeons are really good; I always scratched my head when people said SWTOR was a good single-player game but not a good multiplayer one because the most fun I had was in the dungeons. Think I might resub for a month and take another stroll through them. I still laugh whenever I crash at the end of Black Talon / Esseles though, can't believe that still hasn't been fixed.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
I picked this game up again, starting from scratch on a new account and I subbed, because fuck f2p that doesn't give me enough character slots (altoholic by vocation).
Between my several alts going through the story, I was also going to force a friend to play this with me, typical duo tank/healer with companions, we had in mind the sage/shadow combo (or empire equivalent, still to be decided), but was wondering if double trooper could work just as well. I'm really not up to date with the classes, but using a big cannon seems a lot of fun, instead of the usual light saber.

Can anyone tell me how's the situation at the end game for these classes?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Trooper healing is much more difficult/shitty because of ammo management (the more you heal, the less ammo you have. the less ammo you have, the slower ammo regens. Heal too much and you are fucked) They are pretty much a dead class at 55.

Trooper dps is behind several others, and you don't get the raid damage reduction bubble ops get or the raid damage buff (bloodlust) marauders get. You get exactly 0 burst damage cooldowns. At least you can cure yourself, I guess? And you don't have to worry about a bunch of buffs/debuffs or other bullshit, it's a pure whack-a-mole priority rotation that screams "Macro me."

Trooper tanking - not sure, but seems fine. Doesn't apply to me because I'm a mercenary.

That said, unless you are doing hard/nightmare raids I'm sure you can do fine as a tank/dps. But I wouldn't play a healer. The resource system completely fucks you. But I certainly enjoy my mercenary because blowing shit up with guns and missiles feels cooler than chopping at things with swords or magic for the billionth time.

Another thing to consider is stealth. Holy fuck do I wish I had stealth. This game throws hordes, and I do mean HORDES of worthless trash at you while you are soloing. And in a dungeon one stealther in a group makes a huge difference because they can CC things without aggro so the rest of the group can sneak past.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, bounty hunter / trooper and even the op / smuggler energy systems sucked dick.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I healed some back at 50 and I just remember once my heat creeped up past 70% it was pretty much over. It was less annoying in PVP because, to quote the great philosopher Ivan Drago, "if he dies, he dies." That combined with the fact that you can't save talent sets or hotbars makes me wonder why I have bothered saving up a healer set to rot in my cargo hold.

I may make a jedi shadow alt so I can play the pub side. Tank/dps with stealth, yay?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Tanking on a warrior was awful most of the time. Abilities failed to fire. Healer aggro was ridiculous and AE tanking in a game based on large trash mob groups was clunky as hell.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Is there any incentive to doing dungeons? I only did a couple when it was first released because the rewards were far below the super easy entry raid gear.

Also, how's BH healing? I remember it being decent ST and atrocious aoe until they did the healer rebalancing where they nerfed everything but made the already op sorc healers even more op. That's when I said F it these devs are retarded and left

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Trooper healing is much more difficult/shitty because of ammo management (the more you heal, the less ammo you have. the less ammo you have, the slower ammo regens. Heal too much and you are fucked) They are pretty much a dead class at 55.

Trooper dps is behind several others, and you don't get the raid damage reduction bubble ops get or the raid damage buff (bloodlust) marauders get. You get exactly 0 burst damage cooldowns. At least you can cure yourself, I guess? And you don't have to worry about a bunch of buffs/debuffs or other bullshit, it's a pure whack-a-mole priority rotation that screams "Macro me."

Trooper tanking - not sure, but seems fine. Doesn't apply to me because I'm a mercenary.

That said, unless you are doing hard/nightmare raids I'm sure you can do fine as a tank/dps. But I wouldn't play a healer. The resource system completely fucks you. But I certainly enjoy my mercenary because blowing shit up with guns and missiles feels cooler than chopping at things with swords or magic for the billionth time.

Another thing to consider is stealth. Holy fuck do I wish I had stealth. This game throws hordes, and I do mean HORDES of worthless trash at you while you are soloing. And in a dungeon one stealther in a group makes a huge difference because they can CC things without aggro so the rest of the group can sneak past.
Hmmm interesting. So, assuming I want to heal, Sage/Sorc is what I should play?
Scoundrel/Agent is a healer with stealth, I guess that could work as well if it's cool enough (I read that IA story is top notch).
I was interested on a commando because of the heavy weapon mostly, because as you said, it's cool to use one for a change. I don't think I'll end up in nightmare raids or any raid at all to be honest, it was just because I'd hate to pick a useless class right away.

Thanks anyway.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Tanking on a warrior was awful most of the time. Abilities failed to fire. Healer aggro was ridiculous and AE tanking in a game based on large trash mob groups was clunky as hell.
Consular Shadow AOE tanking was probably the easiest time I've ever had in any game. I found it easier than a WoW Protection Pally to give you any kind of scale.

I don't know if there has been any kind of changes to Consular Shadows. I havent played the game in quite some time.