SWTOR

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If Bioware would have made this their first expansion, SWTOR would still be a subscription based MMO and I would still be paying the fee.
No. You wouldn't. Because they made two maps. And the content in-between has been severely lacking.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
No. You wouldn't. Because they made two maps. And the content in-between has been severely lacking.
Hard to say for sure one way or the other. If this had been the first content patch then they would have retained a lot more players probably, and with better retention they wouldn't have dumped 3/4 of their devs, and with more devs they would have been able to roll out content more quickly. Ahhh theorycrafting, where's my copy of excel?

I remember reading their content roadmap at launch and all of the stuff they added up to HK(1.5) was supposed to have been in by about 1.2 or 1.3. Anyway the point is GSF is a very good free content patch. It's not everyones cup of tea but it's a lot of fun for a good portion of the playerbase.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's not even in it's final form yet (snicker). Actual release is February and it'll almost triple the number of ships available plus add another type. Not sure on additional maps but they've made it clear that it won't just be Domination. This is like Open Beta for subscribers, with potential for nerfs but no chance of a data wipe.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
While it's fun initially, it's basicly flying in circles trying to hit each other.
/\ Pretty much.

Aside from Moontayle's experience (I think it was you that said you were flying through a star destroyer or whatever to lose someone) the actual gaming experience is few and far between. But again, it's free - so who cares really. Or at least it will be to premiums once it goes that route.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Perhaps I'm missing something, but this seems far less appealing than Jump to Lightspeed. The actual combat seems pretty arcade-ish to me, and the content far weaker.

moontayle

Golden Squire
It's straight up PvP, which is a major departure from what JtL offered. I think people have been saying that they stole the overall control scheme from a game called Star Conflict but to me this feels pretty similar to Freelancer.

I agree with the weak content. I'm really hoping over time they expand it to include PvE stuff and maybe even connect the ground game to the space game like SWG did.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I'm really bored so figured why not give this bad boy another spin.

Operatives still pvp gods?
tongue.png

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's straight up PvP, which is a major departure from what JtL offered. I think people have been saying that they stole the overall control scheme from a game called Star Conflict but to me this feels pretty similar to Freelancer.

I agree with the weak content. I'm really hoping over time they expand it to include PvE stuff and maybe even connect the ground game to the space game like SWG did.
If they did that I'd play it again.

I finished the class stories for Agent and Warrior. Still need to finish Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter. Started a Jedi Knight, but I think I will only play when I can get in on a double XP weekend.

Out of all the light side classes, what's the best story? I heard Trooper, Smuggler, and JC sucked. So that's why I ended up with a JK. I think he is around level 21.

Faltigoth

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I thought JK was the best of the light side stories - his is like the 'canon' continuation of the overall story of KOTOR, as near as I can tell.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If they did that I'd play it again.

I finished the class stories for Agent and Warrior. Still need to finish Inquisitor and Bounty Hunter. Started a Jedi Knight, but I think I will only play when I can get in on a double XP weekend.

Out of all the light side classes, what's the best story? I heard Trooper, Smuggler, and JC sucked. So that's why I ended up with a JK. I think he is around level 21.
Smuggler isn't bad, and it's a fun class. The only absolutely retarded part is securing a huge treasure (which is part of the main plot) and basically getting nothing in-game out of it.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Yea Smuggler is fun, probably better when you Han Solo it up as much as you can, though some of the choices that count as evil for Bioware have fun results too. Too many buttons, but I think that's the case with all classes.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing this and one thing I love about this game is the tuning of the difficulty. Also the only people left playing usually know what the fuck they are doing so grouping is pretty smoothed out.

moontayle

Golden Squire
JK was the best, even moreso if you make Dark Side choices since they tend to get uppity about that kind of thing. Smuggler was good, but not great. Trooper is good but pretty "Hoo ra Republic" with Light Side choices. Consular was the worst from top to bottom.

I made a huge post back on FOH about all the stories after I had completed them. It basically ranks: Imperial Agent > Sith Warrior = Jedi Knight > Smuggler > Bounty Hunter = Trooper > Sith Inquisitor > Jedi Consular

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trying to remember my consular story. Iirc, act 3 was good, but the first 2 were pretty blah , since it was all about infection/bio hazard or some such.

moontayle

Golden Squire
That part was Chapter One. Chapter two was... I don't remember much about it. I know you help liberate Balmorra but what takes place on Quesh and Hoth is lost to me, which means they must not have been that memorable to begin with. Chapter Three is you spending 2 of 3 planets gaining allies and then the last planet "utilizing" them. Most memorable aspect of the entire story was making the Dark Side choice at the end of Chapter One.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
For me it felt as if the Smuggler story kinda fell apart in the third chapter, or maybe the game was starting to wear on me. It was turning into a grand scheme of things kinda action, which doesnt fit a smuggler as much as the Jedi imo.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed the consular story. It's made 20? better by being evil. Saving people from the plague by sticking them with my light saber was great fun. The voice actor on the female side helped a lot to because evil consular is a sarcastic rude bitch and the voice actor does a great dismissive sarcastic voice.