<Nazi Janitors>
I want this

Samsung has an 18.4 could fold into two when idle

Samsung-patent.jpg
Courier 2.0?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
has anything with a flexible screen hit the consumer market? I've seen prototype stuff for years but don't recall anything ever making it to market.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
16GB and 32GB and 64GB tablets. Are the versions terribly noticeable? I buying for the wife/kid. Perhaps the most intensive thing will be Skype.

Neph_sl

shitlord
IMO, the storage question comes down to gaming and movies. If you plan on using your tablet for those purposes, then you may want to look at more storage (i.e. load a bunch of games/movies for a road trip or flight). If you're just doing internet browsing and photo viewing, 16 GB is plenty. If you only keep 1-2 movies/big games on your tablet, you can get away with 16 GB, but you definitely have to micromanage it. Some people like to have more options on what they watch and play though, so it's up to you.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any notable Android tablets coming out in the near-mid future? Looking to pick one up mostly for app development, but I have no imminent timeframe for needing one, so if there's anything special coming out in the next 6 months I'm open to waiting.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Samsung should be releasing the Tab S2 line pretty soon. The Tab S was considered by many to be the best Android tablet last generation. I'm waiting for them to come out to replace my Nexus 10, which is once again a gigantic piece of shit a month or two after factory wiping, cleaning/formating cache partition, etc.

edit: Actually I guess Samsung announced those a month back, but they don't seem to be available yet. And there's some rumors that Samsung may release a "flagship" tablet that sits above the Tab S2 line. Meh.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
So, Apple going directly for the balls of Microsoft with iPad Pro announcement

iPad Pro has a 12.9-inch retina display, an A9X chip, 4-speaker audio, 10-hour battery life, a 8MP camera. It comes in silver, gold and space grey and starts at $799 for 32GB, version. The Apple Pencil costs $99 and the keyboard costs $169, available from September.

ipadkeyboard_3434625b.jpg

Display 12.9 inch screen
Resolution 2732x2048
Thickness 6.9mm
Weight 1.57lb
Processor A9X chip from Apple
Battery Life 10 hrs

Siliconemelons

ehh keyboard sucks... thing about the Surface Pro Keyboard (esp the 3+) is that it is very much usable and on par (within reason) with a laptop... this apple one looks like your run of the mill ebay keyboard case.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
So, Apple going directly for the balls of Microsoft with iPad Pro announcement

iPad Pro has a 12.9-inch retina display, an A9X chip, 4-speaker audio, 10-hour battery life, a 8MP camera. It comes in silver, gold and space grey and starts at $799 for 32GB, version. The Apple Pencil costs $99 and the keyboard costs $169, available from September.

ipadkeyboard_3434625b.jpg

Display 12.9 inch screen
Resolution 2732x2048
Thickness 6.9mm
Weight 1.57lb
Processor A9X chip from Apple
Battery Life 10 hrs
If they are, it's because Microsoft is handing them over to Apple considering they were on the stage shilling up a version of Office for the iPad Pro. (sidenote, so was Adobe)

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If they are, it's because Microsoft is handing them over to Apple considering they were on the stage shilling up a version of Office for the iPad Pro. (sidenote, so was Adobe)
I think it is in Apple and MS's best interest that they collaborate so they can both "change" the consumer opinion and get people into these kind of tablet/laptops. Very smart plan from both of them.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Okay, I guess I was not paying attention... but the iPad Pro just uses iOS... not OSX? whats the point...
Until they start bringing in apps that need a touchpad or something there really isn't a point except that it would suck to type on the screen on something that size so they needed a way to get it on a stand and have a flat keyboard in front of it.

Column_sl

shitlord
Have you seen the prices on that? Ridiculous.

They made an oversized Ipad, with a tablet processor that is pretty much nothing like a surface pro ( a true PC)

Innovation

Neph_sl

shitlord
Never understood the desire for giant tablets to replace a laptop. I'd rather have a Macbook Air over this. I guess if I was artistic, then maybe I'd get one for the pencil, but it's just not for me.