Tales of Arise

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Should I play this with xbox controller, PS controller or KB/Mouse? When I looked at Star Ocean's newest release, I noticed this game and picked it up. Its DL'ing now.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Controller for sure, preferably one with back buttons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'd assume keyboard might not be that bad but I played with a pad cause that's what I'm used to for this sort of games. Which one is really a matter of preference though.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I just got back from a 2.5 week vacation overseas and have another five days to sit on the couch :) I out drank my liver.

I did some research and this game looks gorgeous and seems to run native 4k60 on series x so I got it for that platform.

God speed.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Legit question, am I always going to be underlevelled on boss fights and getting perma one-shotted?

Game is nice to look at but the combat is an absolute button-jamming mess. I've lost track of what I'm supposed to be doing to activate what already and I'm only on the second main boss is Cysloden.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I played around 10 hours and I am already shelving it for now. That combined with ALL the fucking cut scenes. Jesus H Christ. I do not mind cut scenes and I know JRPG's have more than most, but for fucks sake, I do not need a cut scene as I enter a battle with inter-personal shit in a comic board layout. Keep that shit optional like some of that is. Cut Scenes to explain the story and some inter-personal relationship building is fine - but out of 5 fights I get a comic board cut scene? Come the fuck on and let me play the game. If it was limited I wouldn't mind, but after the 1st boss in the prologue, the shit happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME in that format. Not to mention we have 2 other cut scene formats. I get it, the chick is a raving bitch at first and will probably end up falling in love with the protagonist or some twist will happen and she has been playing them all along. I do not need 1 comic book cut scene every 12 minutes with that tribble to explain it 69,340 different ways.

And it is jarring too. I mean my party is entering combat - NOPE! Hold on, we need to talk about our feelings first and the monsters I am about to fight agree. They are waiting for my party to finish up their emo conversation first - they understand.

I swear in one of them I just laughed as I imagined the monsters as republicans saying "Lol look at these cucks. Let's not attack yet and listen in - we do not get a lot of comedic relief here in this cave"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I liked the game, but toward the end I turned difficulty down to easy mode just to finish the game and story because it was dragging on too much, it wasn't too hard just dragged on.

Still enjoyed it overall though.

Rude

Potato del Grande
This game was pretty mediocre, unfortunately. I also dropped difficulty to easiest by the last dungeon. Mob health pools were stupidly insane and I was just ready to be done by then.

• 1Like