Tales of Maj'Eyal

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
You got natural acid right ? Open up with acid beam, and it's all over for stuff with 100% nature resist.
Unstoppable nature also gives like 50% resistance pen so it's not like I didn't have penetration. I guess 'forever' is a bit of a misnomer. Through the first 25 levels or so I was one-shotting everything so I got jaded when it started taking 2 or 3 spells to kill things.

Trying to kill my own doom shade was hilarious though. Took me 50 turns before I realized I'd need to do more then just pound myself. Eventually equipped an item that had like a 6 turn confuse effect and waited until I managed to land through through my 70% confusion resist.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Wow, I love this game. How do I know where to go when though? I keep ending up in overly hard areas too early on.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Fucking Atamathon. Killed me on max level berserker, summoner, corrupter, oozemancer, bulwark and alchemist now ;p

Corrupter and summoner were so agonizingly close too, he had like 300hp left on corrupter.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Here's a zone levels list:Zone - Tales of Maj'Eyal

Basically, if you want 100% completion, clear everything in order starting with the lowest zone levels and working your way up.
There's that, but also in game you start with a quest that gives you the order of the t2 zones, and when you enter a zone there's a line of text in the combat log that gives you a rough idea of it's relatively level compared you - e.g. 'Your heart pounds furiously, you feel terrified', 'You feel bored, and think your time would better be spent elsewhere' etc.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I like this game, and it definitely has that "one more time" thing going for it, but I get so tired of doing the same zones over and over again that I just Auto-Explore and then eventually run into something I shouldn't, and then die somewhere between level 8-14. Clearly I should be more careful, pay more attention, retreat to a better position when I see multiple creatures, etc. but I just want to get those levels over with because I am sick of them. I have only unlocked a few classes too (Archmage, Cursed, Summoner, something else but I can't remember), so I either experiment with a class I've never played before and eventually die because I don't know the best skills to pick or how to play the class properly, or I play one I've already played and try to fly through it to get to something new. I've gone through those intro levels about 15 times now, and I'm just bored as fuck of them. It almost makes me yearn for completely random levels.

I should probably spoil some unlocks and figure out how to get more classes, but part of the fun is trying to figure out what unlocks shit I think. What they need is a "start at level 10" option so you can skip most of those zones we've all done a million times. I realize I could play on a different game mode, but clearly nothing but roguelike mode really matters much, and I'd just have to do it all over again even if I finished the game on an easier mode because it would feel too easy.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
That's a problem with all roguelikes/infinite runners. The problem is that if you start at level 10, then levels 10~24 become the new "jesus why can't I just start at 25?"

velk

Trakanon Raider
Do mindstars have any use if you're not using them to melee?
Yeah, they are the psionic equivalent of a staff - they all give bonuses to mindpower and mind crit. Some classes have special uses for them as well, like Mindslayer increases range and cooldown on some skills based on how good their telekinetic mindstar is. Also, mindstars come in sets which give significant bonuses if you match them ( one of them is 50% stun resistance iirc ).

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Definitely getting into this game hardcore. I want to make a run to try to get as far as I can to unlock more stuff, and maybe even "beat" it. I did a summoner yesterday that got to 20 but died due to some bad luck with a guarded chest.

Here's the (non-base) classes I have unlocked so far; which one is my best bet to get as far in the game as possible easily?

Brawler
Archmage
Wyrmic
Cursed
Temporal Warden
Stone Warden

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Definitely getting into this game hardcore. I want to make a run to try to get as far as I can to unlock more stuff, and maybe even "beat" it. I did a summoner yesterday that got to 20 but died due to some bad luck with a guarded chest.

Here's the (non-base) classes I have unlocked so far; which one is my best bet to get as far in the game as possible easily?

Brawler
Archmage
Wyrmic
Cursed
Temporal Warden
Stone Warden
I did really well with a Thalore Wyrmic personally.Hereis a decent guide to getting started with one. Key points are to max Bellowing Roar as quickly as possible and get Wild Regrowth to at least 3/5 or 4/5 and run two regen infusions on auto use. After that, getting a second breath attack, probably the sand one for the blind effect is helpful.

You can get some pretty insane defenses AND regen going, especially if you do a sword and shield build. The biggest threats come from stuns or anything else that will interrupt your healing ability.

I used this guy to defeat the crypt next to last hope and unlock the necromancer class which is what I am playing now.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Keep exploring Trollmire and Old forest until you unlock Summoner. That shit is so ridiculously overpowered it's not even funny. It's a blast running around with all your summons and they just destroy shit and you're really not in much danger. At least up until where I am at about level 35.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I have summoner too, as I said (I just didn't put it in my list, I forgot). It was easy but not very fun. I'm trying a TW now ot see how that is. Wyrmic might be what I try next.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Keep exploring Trollmire and Old forest until you unlock Summoner. That shit is so ridiculously overpowered it's not even funny. It's a blast running around with all your summons and they just destroy shit and you're really not in much danger. At least up until where I am at about level 35.
I just killed myself when my hydra poisoned me
frown.png

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think I've ever summoned my Hydra, I've gotten to 35 pretty much solely on Ritch Flamespitter and the Fire Drake with the War Hound/Minotaur/Stone Golem to fill out my slots or buy time for cooldowns.

I think I'm going to have to start using the Turtle at this point to do a little more taunting, but I haven't tried it or needed it yet.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Do mindstars have any use if you're not using them to melee?
I am using a mindstar in my offhand on my necromancer. It has bothincreased damage:DarkANDdamage penetration:Darkon it. This is with a staff in my main hand, Blew my mind when I realized I could equip both.