Tales of the Jedi

Fadaar

That guy
or it can be attributed to the fact that George Lucas is a hack who had great vision and got lucky with the right people reining him in?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khalan

Trakanon Raider
Also like half of star wars would be different if people looked in their rearviews.

Like so many plot lines of people being followed by spaceships and not noticing.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also like half of star wars would be different if people looked in their rearviews.

Like so many plot lines of people being followed by spaceships and not noticing.
This always made me laugh. Or when people get into their car in a movie and someone is in the backseat and they had no clue. I can clearly see if someone is in my backseat when opening the door.

• 1Garbage

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Watched the first one. It gets better, right? They took one of the more loved characters in star wars and tried to turn her into a mary sue. It got me to wondering if a jedi could be a mary sue. Or are they all mary sues? I don't know, but a 1 year old controlling wild animals is a little over the top. A hungry, injured animal at that. Was animal husbandry even one of ashoka's specialties?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watched the first one. It gets better, right? They took one of the more loved characters in star wars and tried to turn her into a mary sue. It got me to wondering if a jedi could be a mary sue. Or are they all mary sues? I don't know, but a 1 year old controlling wild animals is a little over the top. A hungry, injured animal at that. Was animal husbandry even one of ashoka's specialties?
Pretty sure that isn't even the first time a kid jedi did that in Star Wars. Ahsoka has always been strong in the force though. If that is gonna trigger you, might as well stop watching.

• 1Garbage

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The first episode was the weakest. It felt like she was way too young to actually be able to climb up and ride on the back of some sabretooth. The tiger should have been entranced and carried her back home the same way it took her in the first place. She could have been laughing and giggling the whole way, as to stop the villagers from killings the tiger (and her) as it stepped out of the forest.

As for the rest, the Dooku stuff was good, and the last two Ashoka episodes were great. Although the greatness of the second to last episode has a lot to due with how they tied it into the last season of Clone Wars.

Also, the animation was nice step above Clone Wars, but still mostly keeping with the same aesthetic.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
got me to wondering if a jedi could be a mary sue. Or are they all mary sues?
They are all pretty much crap.

Yoda...supposed to be the best of the best, didn't see a Sith Lord living right next to him, handed the galaxy to them on a silver platter because of his inability to see said sith lord or pick up on his presence in even the slightest way. Also, really bad grammar.

Anakin Skywalker. Angsty idiot who went grape nuts because the Jedi wouldn't give him a secret decoder ring. Killed a bunch of kids and destroyed the jedi order because of lack of said decoder ring...and then his actions killed his wife and orphaned his children. Joined the dark side because of offer of decoder ring, and got a cool helmet, too. Eventually tried to kill his own son because reasons and then left him with an inability to sign checks. Died because he forgot to change the batteries in his ventilator.

Obi Wan Kenobi. Bad master, actions led to the creation of sith lord's asthmatic butler. Hid on a planet for like 30 years because of said failure and tried to disown the force. Was supposed to protect Luke Skywalker, but hand delivered him into the lion's mouth.

Luke Skywalker. Angsty idiot who tried to execute his sister's child, then got his asshole into a giant knot and went off to hide somewhere for a long time. Tried to execute his sister's child a second time, gave up, force suicided in a fit of angst.

Ben Solo. Angsty idiot who went grape nuts for some reason, got a Sith Jr helmet and spent a lot of time pissing himself before finally dying.

Jedi are supposed to see things coming, but not a single one did...ever. Lolzy battle in the prequels showed hundreds getting offed left and right because they were jumping into blaster fire with complete abandon. Also, none of them sensed the pending betrayal and they all got killed.

Rei Palpatine. Can levitate rocks since her gramps is like the most powerful force guy evar. Also can levitate rocks. Gets followed around by a guy who shouts REI REI REI every 3.2 minutes. Buried some jedi sticks in the sand and wandered off.

So yeah...the jedi are basically a pack of clowns with a really good pr department.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The Sith Lord was a very nice episode. Also good that they got Liam Neeson and Ian McDiarmid to do the voices. The guy they had doing Palpatine for most of the animated stuff was pretty decent but nothing quite compares to the smoothly malevolent intonations of the OG.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
So yeah...the jedi are basically a pack of clowns with a really good pr department.
Stephen King Clown GIF by Maudit

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I liked the series overall. It was a good supplement to Clone Wars and the prequels. However, I was really hoping for more of the older stuff like maybe Nomi Sunrider or Ulic Qel-Droma and Exar Kun.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
The Dooku episodes (2,3,4) are pretty good. 1,5 and 6 are more Ahsoka fanboy content.

spronk

FPS noob
i liked em, I hope at some point we get something like clone wars but in a totally different time period

a 6-8 season, 20 episode per season old republic sith vs jedi series would be insane

spronk

FPS noob
i had no idea the basis for these short episodes were just filoni coming up with ideas while on plane rides doing the Mandalorian, lol

wish someone like Musk would storm into Disney's Star Wars (and D+ MCU shows) "creative" group and yell at them how a dude making one hit show writes some shit down on a napkin and makes a better story than your entire team has done in 8 years

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i had no idea the basis for these short episodes were just filoni coming up with ideas while on plane rides doing the Mandalorian, lol

wish someone like Musk would storm into Disney's Star Wars (and D+ MCU shows) "creative" group and yell at them how a dude making one hit show writes some shit down on a napkin and makes a better story than your entire team has done in 8 years
Filoni does so well in the Star Wars animated medium. They should just let him do whatever he wants there.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Finally watched the rest. Glad to see that first episode was a one off stinker.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Second season announced today at SW Celebration

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
tales of the Empire drops all episodes on Star Wars day

looks like some bridging between Clone Wars, Mando, and Ahsoka

member berries up the ass

• 1Like
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Looks great though. Drives me bananas that the best shit from Star Wars outside Andor is animated.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Animation presents opportunities they could never accomplish in live action. Existing characters don't need "perfect casting" while new alien characters are far cheaper to have recurring than dealing with makeup and effects. Lightsabers, force abilities, planets and spaceships all much easier to do in an animated format not just once but repeatedly. Shorts or even single episode do not need to deal with a movie/series level narrative. The writers can hop straight into it, which was one of the elements that contributed to Clone Wars success with the anthology arcs.