Teamfight Tactics

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been starting to climb: Ravishing Stats for TFT NA :: TFT Stats, Leaderboards, League of Legends Teamfight Tactics - LoLCHESS.GG

I was casually playing at first and was hard stuck gold 4 for a bit with about a 6% win rate. Decided I didn't want to suck anymore and researched more into items and comps. Im hoping to get Diamond tonight.

I've been leaning on a couple comps to climb but lately it's been more blurry, at first I was doing the Eve carry thing, still do if I get early eve, but I had 2 wins last night without eve at all, and I had a weird win 2 nights ago with a 6 knight 2 guardian comp.

Main thing I learned is really identifying your carry and supporting them. I like shapeshifters a lot right now, especially shyvana carry. I'll pickup pantheon for the Dragon synergy with her, and I normally always grab a swain to replace a weaker shifter , and add brand and/ or Leona for the demon and guardian synergies.

I had a huge win last night with a similar comp in plat 2 where I won with 91% health.

I've completely changed my item philosophy. Normally searching for morellos and GA components at every carousel. Saving negatrons for Dragon claw, and if I can't get morellos or GA I'll look for attack speed items.

Also learn to stick with 2 star units and level early to 6 and 7 but then don't rush to 8 and 9 unless comp is strong. I rarely keep units on my bench if I have it as a 2 star already, unless it's my carry or I've been flooded with a unit.

Selling 2 stars for stronger units/synergies has also been a big learning curve. In the past I would fall in love with a comp and procrastinate transitions, but I've been making bolder transitions lately and it's been working out. Last night I was in love with some cheap 2star nobles (garen, lucian, fiora) , it was mid game, but I really wanted shifters. I had a 2 star kennen carrying me at this point and he just won me a round with noble buff on. But i sold off lucian and flora to go for shifters anyway..1star gnar and something, already had a shyv and nid. Ended up with more synergies after swapping out garen the next turn, probably for poppy to get yordle buff. Then I replaced my kennen for a brand I think, and later a swain...

Anyway, game is fun, wish it was on mobile, and game times are still a little long, I think next patch is supposed to cut some of the early wait times

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Diamond IV!

4 matches yesterday, 1st, 3rd, 3rd, 6th.

Tried Blitz.gg app, my comp for the win:
Every time a game ended the app crashed and it didn't record 1 of my games, also a bunch of games on my profile from other people I guess and it doesn't show a lot, also thinks I'm still in gold.

I fired up the stream for the first time in a while, no commentary or webcam, might get more into it if I can climb higher:
VOD from last night, my 4th game I was dog shit (too tired!), lot of bad decisions.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm hoping the Pantheon nerf involves making his model a little smaller.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
People seem excited but all the strong builds atm seem to be staying same or getting stronger.

I usually see 3 paths: rangers, shapeshifters, assassins... incorporate demons when you can.

Gnar is stronger, assassin's are stronger.. other then eve, rangers are unaffected or slight nerf with panth.. but the sword breaker buff maybe counter it, and rangers don't need or want panth always. Not sure what the hush fix is, but might be a nerf as well

Maybe knights buff will help counter these comps... I'm not entirely sad to see several meta comps, it's better than everyone rushing nobles. I do kinda hate the ranger comp, it's not that hard to piece together and is why assassins and shapeshifters can work atm, cause most other comps get mowed down.

Should be a nice patch but I'm not anticipating a huge meta shift. The new items planned for the next patch will have a much greater impact.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Hope they patch this week. I just win streaked a game purely from starter loot goblins giving me phantom ranger and a ludens(sp? magic splash item).

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So is there a name for this "genre"?

Seems like a dozen games like Auto-Chess just magically appeared overnight ...

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I play a couple games a night, still trying to get past D4.
I'm @ D4 for the 3rd time now, I had fallen back to Plat3 after a terrible streak last month but grinded back, then dropped again after a bad 5 game streak. Can't seem get get a firm footing lol. Had 2 wins in a row to get D4 for the 3rd time then got 8th the very next game fml.

The meta is a little wonky right now imo. It seems like getting top 4 is so hard right now and requires a lot of perfect synergies & items. Scarra had a short clip on it yesterday:

My 2 wins recently have been with some off-meta builds, had a 6 nobles win 2 nights ago, and last night won with a hybrid Brawlers + Knights + Draven.

Brawlers in general are pretty strong but you need the right items and a carry (Jinx / Draven / Akali / ASol ), you rely on a lot of disruption from Hextech / Blitzcrank / Cho Gath / Frozen Hearts / etc.

Main issue right now is everyone is in the game sooo long, so you're grinding it out for a while and can still get 8th. People end up with near perfect items + comps, frequently seeing 5+ items sitting on benches deep into the game because everyone hoards till they get the right stuff.

Having a faster meta and a riskier one (voidsins) where you had 3-4 guys dumping econ & health to try and get those 3X units on round 2-3 seemed a little healthier of a meta, and more varied with a good risk vs reward strategy.

I think they just need to up the player damage a little bit so we're somewhere in between.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Big change :

Positioning will matter a lot more, Buff to RFC, and assassin's might be a little stronger .. Or weaker since can bait harder with a throwaway unit or tank.

Also AOE effects like Guardian buff have more options for positioning

• 1Repost

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So what you're saying is that imma keep putting all my shit in a pile in one corner and coasting to fifth place like a boss?

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Game's cool but so far each meta has been the same couple comps trying to build the same couple items. I'm not sure skill plays enough of a role in relation to variance for that to not be the case.

• 1Like

Caliane

Season 2 new hero rotation should help shake up the meta.

Underlords introducing a full on daily rotation on heroes should be even better.

I'm no expert on TFT, but what I think I see is a lack of counterplay. Like you pick your build, and kindof just keep going with it. you can't really react to your opponents builds at all, short of just moving your characters around on the board. I think the game could possibly use items or heroes that directly counter others. Like underlords demon/demon hunter combo. Demons are strong.. but your opponent can just play a single demon hunter, to negate their demon alliance bonus. Of course doing so, means they needed to spend a roster spot to do it.
Less rng on items in TFT might help here. Its already the best item system I think. but if you could purposely build a phantom dancer vs an assassin team, the game would be better. Currently way too much RNG in items to do that.

• 1Like