Ted Lasso

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Ted Lasso

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2020-08-14

Creator: Jason Sudeikis, Brendan Hunt, Bill Lawrence, Joe Kelly

Cast: Jason Sudeikis, Hannah Waddingham, Juno Temple, Jeremy Swift, Phil Dunster, Brett Goldstein, Brendan Hunt, Nick Mohammed

Overview: Ted Lasso, an American football coach, moves to England when he’s hired to manage a soccer team—despite having no experience. With cynical players and a doubtful town, will he get them to see the Ted Lasso Way?

Animosity

I never really had an interest in this show even though Im a big Sudeikis fan. But after hearing a lot of buzz about it and it being recommended a lot I gave it a shot.

Its surprisingly very good, quite charming and funny. Definitely recommend it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
We're almost done with the first season and it's really good. Ted's optimism is funny and doesn't get old. And the soccer isn't the main story so if you don't give a damn about it, that's fine.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It's good. Kind of feels like The Unicorn to me in terms of an enjoyable show, but in no way something you'd look forward to massively each episode. Kind of a filler show. If you like Sudeikis being Sudeikis though, this is it. Kind of like how Moon Base 8 is solely for people who like John C Reilley and Fred Armisen playing the comedic characters they almost always play.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Jason Sudeikis has a good one here. Mainly written as a comedy but it turned in to a lot more. I loved the first season of this show. Didn't see it posted here and the search results didn't yield anything. If you have Apple TV it's worth a watch. 30 min episodes so you aren't stuck for an hour if you aren't into. I love the dad jokes.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
This is my first thread I've started so may need a little help to get the photo on the left on the preview. I figured I could just post the imdb link and it would work. Even the title doesn't display properly. /fail

dizzie

Triggered Happy
This is my first thread I've started so may need a little help to get the photo on the left on the preview. I figured I could just post the imdb link and it would work. Even the title doesn't display properly. /fail

Use tmdb and it works.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

1612092678721.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Epic fail. calhoonjugganaut calhoonjugganaut Lanx Lanx

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watched the trailer because Seb Gorka called said it was the greatest show ever, or something

Looked awful:

a) Football scenes looked terrible, on the level of the Cobra Kai football skills

b) Portrayal of Britain looked weird/unrealistic - like they'd filmed it on the Epcot World Showcase or something

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

faille

Molten Core Raider
Watched the trailer because Seb Gorka called said it was the greatest show ever, or something

Looked awful:

a) Football scenes looked terrible, on the level of the Cobra Kai football skills

b) Portrayal of Britain looked weird/unrealistic - like they'd filmed it on the Epcot World Showcase or something

Not unreasoable criticisms, but the show it still good. It's very much a feel good / heartwarming type of show, even more so than a comedy.
So if you're in the mood for that sort of thing, it's perfect.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Didn't know this show got any love. Mom just text me "Sudeikis just won an award for the show you watch"

Animosity

Super happy this show won. It’s so good and so under the radar. Being on Apple TV is probably a big reason why.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database