Ted Lasso

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I can't believe this guy played Shane in Eastbound and Down.

I just can't see how it's the same person

91pbotmj0il._sl1500_.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Cant wait, this show is incredible.

still looks absolutely terrible and cringe. Everything about it, even his dress like some San Francisco/Silicon Valley douchebag

WTF is this Notting Hill shit ENGLAND DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THIS

a.jpg

• 2Garbage
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
still looks absolutely terrible and cringe. Everything about it, even his dress like some San Francisco/Silicon Valley douchebag

View attachment 349630

Dude I felt the same way about Silicon Valley. Hooli isn't even a real company. What a joke.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

View attachment 349630

they obviously can't show what england is really like since it's full of inbred low iq sub human mongoloids, and also a bunch of imported brown folks from around the world

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The publicity for season 2 made me curious to check this out.

It's not as bad as I feared (the football is just the backdrop) but it's still pretty bad. Watchable only on a Sunday afternoon when hungover. Days that I have not been hungover it was literally background noise I barely paid attention to.

• 3Dislike
  • 2Garbage
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
This is one of those shows we passed on repeatedly, thinking we wouldn't have any interest in it and we were dead wrong. It's fantastic and quickly becoming one of our favorites.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I saw an article the other day highly critical of the 2nd season. Basically amounted to, "everything is too happy."

Fuck off.

I enjoy this show because it's got a cheery disposition. Every single other piece of media has a conflict that runs through multiple episodes, has to tackle the political issue of the week, or has miserable characters. Apparently people forgot that entertainment is a way to escape. And Ted Lasso has been a refreshing return to television that is upbeat.

After every episode, my wife and I feel happy after watching it. I guess that's not edgy enough though and people want to be miserable.

• 10Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I saw an article the other day highly critical of the 2nd season. Basically amounted to, "everything is too happy."

Fuck off.

I enjoy this show because it's got a cheery disposition. Every single other piece of media has a conflict that runs through multiple episodes, has to tackle the political issue of the week, or has miserable characters. Apparently people forgot that entertainment is a way to escape. And Ted Lasso has been a refreshing return to television that is upbeat.

After every episode, my wife and I feel happy after watching it. I guess that's not edgy enough though and people want to be miserable.
Exactly why its such a good show. It just has a ton of heart and feel good moments. Every character is likeable and you root for them. Aside from the stuff with Ted's wife and son, the drama is very minimal.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Fuck off.

See you're entirely on point and this is why the modern SJW writer is a fucking moron. Story does require conflict. However conflict does not mean misery, negativity and social justice nonsense to the exclusion of everything.

TNG had no conflict in the first season or so due to Rodenberry's edict. It suffered for it and was just awful. The anti-hero has eroded over time in major media. in the 80s and 90s a anti-hero would still have a moral core or code. (See Omar and why he is a fan favorite). The anti-hero has become more Walter White or Dexter Cruella etc. Less John McClane or Riggs.

Comics has something similar. 48 page books with zero action or conflict. Just panel after panel of bloated word balloons lecturing the reader.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Fuck off.

Yup.

And most of the "problems" or "conflict" tend to be pretty realistic/common shit, not manufactured or outlandish. Like the coach and his toxic girlfriend - that entire thing about "not saying anything" was so fucking on point, then Higgins telling him she's a bitch, and him soldiering on anyways. I can't even tell you how many times that exact scenario has happened amongst the homies.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ted Lasso is expertly written and acted. It has a huge variety of characters that are all relatable in some way and all likeable. As has been said. It's one of those rare shows where you root for every single character within it. And the writers give you controversy and victory through growth for all those characters.

If you think this is a bad show you might be a sociopath.

• 5Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought that season 2 flowed great so far, so when i saw that article i got confused. I will say the Sam and Rebecca stuff felt odd but they forshadowed it in ep 1 or 2 and im fine with it.

Ted helping everyone around him be better while sacrificing his own life is what happens, and the breakdown was good. When your job is life and you can start focusing on family ect. Really hits home

Last edited:
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user