Ted Lasso

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If you think this is a bad show you might be a sociopath.
1630595319479.png

Checks out

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Imagine following an actual real life shit football team with an incompetent manager and then watching a "comedy" about a fictional shit football team with an incompetent manager. And I'm the sociopath?

LMAO, and imagine being an American who only heard of football in the last decade, and trying to find an affinity with a "franchise" on the other side of the Atlantic and actually picking Arsenal. LMAO

Anyway, I take comfort in knowing that there's no way they can drag this show out to anything like the ridiculous number of seasons typically associated with other shit tier US comedies like "The Office". Because IRL there's no way that an underperforming team would keep an incompetent manager around for anything past 3 seasons. So either Ted moves on to a new team, which is unlikely because nobody would hire him or he gets sacked. I'm not sure what would be more merciful, Ted getting sacked or this show getting cancelled.

• 3Garbage
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I saw an article the other day highly critical of the 2nd season. Basically amounted to, "everything is too happy."

Fuck off.

I enjoy this show because it's got a cheery disposition. Every single other piece of media has a conflict that runs through multiple episodes, has to tackle the political issue of the week, or has miserable characters. Apparently people forgot that entertainment is a way to escape. And Ted Lasso has been a refreshing return to television that is upbeat.

After every episode, my wife and I feel happy after watching it. I guess that's not edgy enough though and people want to be miserable.
It sure as hell beats another cop drama. Oh look, a detective fighting personal demons while doing cop things! How original!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I mean this dude snorted coke off a dog's dick so he could be fucked in the ass with a dildo. He's some kind of fucked up for sure.
He admitted to being sloppy seconds to his girlfriend's DOG. Imagine finding that out but going back for more. Maybe he likes the taste of dog nut.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Just binged all of season one today with the wife, we both enjoyed it. Teds wifes was Teds coworker in better off Ted. Made me chuckle hearing her call him Ted.

• 3Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Episode was weird is fuck and not sure how I feel with the direction they went with this season. Ted is almost non existent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weird episode for sure. They are doing a lot of character building on all the side characters which is cool.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Homsar

Very odd episode, i walked away and made a milkshake so missed some stuff maybe.

The show is now going from a comedy with characters having underlying issues and straight into a drama with no funny

Ted, Roy, and Jaime had singns of issues building up, coach Beared i think was very off on the way they did it

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Garbage

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
This latest episode was a nod to Scorcese and the black humor felt necessary with how heavy the previous episode was. Appreciated the side character development and how they chose to go with a more "off the rails" approach instead of some boring, formulaic one.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This episode was not Scorcese. It was S6+ of The Sopranos. AKA... not good.

• 2Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Oh so it was Hollywood jerking itself off with references to "cult classics" in an otherwise ridiculously lighthearted comedy.

No wonder I thought it sucked so much.

• 2Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The part that really annoyed me was the historical church having a fucking nightclub in the basement.

im also all for character development but I feel like they are using too much of it for what I assume is lack of story and they’re using this to drag it out.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Episode was shit but goddamn, Coach Beard can hula hoop like a pro.

• 1Like

Animosity

If they did make this episode 45 mins long to do this lame side story, it would of been a lot more tolerable.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If they did make this episode 45 mins long to do this lame side story, it would of been a lot more tolerable.
Yeah it did run a little long, I called it half way through and said he is going to go through a memorable and fucked up night and just say meh when asked how his night was.