Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
1691199629261.png

• 1SchwarzeNeg
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It was fine. Actually funny at times, but modern teen humor which missed me, my kids thought it was hilarious. The story elements were genuinely good and the fight scenes were fun, but it suffered from the race and gender swaps for literally no reason. Homo splinter was overblown as they refer to Scumbug as she and her multiple times throughout the movie.

Ice Cube dropped too many damns and hells for my taste in a "kids" movie, but otherwise he was a great villain.

I seriously dislike the animation style, but again the kids liked it. I also seriously disliked April aside from the race and body swap. Terrible character.

The worst part of it, though, was that only Leonardo and Raphael have distinct characters. Donny and Mike might as well be one character and could have been anybody. Total failure on Rogen's part and proof that he has no fucking clue about the turtles themselves.

Oh, and the last unforgivable part was Leo falling for April the hag. No way would a teenager go for that. The only explanation for this is that every female in the movie is ugly due to the art style, but even then it is unforgivable to give Donny's relationship to Leo and make it with an ugly bitch.

• 1Garbage

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
April is shaped like fucking Grimace. No way does any straight teenage male go for that frumpy sack of shit.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Saw this yesterday with my kid.

Other than April being a dumpy frumpy black girl, I thought it was fine.

• 1Garbage

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Other than April being a dumpy frumpy black girl, I thought it was fine.
Pretty much my exact thoughts.

Fun movie overall and I really like the animation. Jackie Chan as Splinter was great. April sucked.

• 1Like

Homsar

I couldn't stand the animation it annoyed the hell out of my brain as if the frame rate was off. Also them thinking a midget fat black April was beautiful 😍 was weird. I guess it's the closest thing to a human Mutant lol

I get why kids would like it but every time I walked in I wanted the original cartoon or movie. Also half the voice acting sucked especially Donatello.

Puss n boots the last wish maybe put my standards to high

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This was a big budget fanfic by people who turned "Ninja" into a gag learned from TV and neutered the characters identities. Yet they already have plans to "rebuild" the franchise with this foundation.

Homsar

Maybe I missed it but from what I saw Splinter was never human? Humans just hate rats ?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe I missed it but from what I saw Splinter was never human? Humans just hate rats ?
Correct, in this new origin story he was a random NYC rat. There is no Japan link, there is no ninja link, no Shredder or The Foot connection, nor a daughter Karai.

Homsar

Correct, in this new origin story he was a random NYC rat. There is no Japan link, there is no ninja link, no Shredder or The Foot connection, nor a daughter Karai.
Glad I only watched a part of that movie. I guess it has varied between comic/cartoon/movies. The original still holds up

Last edited:

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That makes for shitty storytelling imo. Could just ape the original comic plan and deal with shredder lost haste then go wacky.

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
If you were thinking of checking this out now that decent rips have released, don't bother. I can normally find some aspect to enjoy even when a movie isn't aimed at me, but was struggling here.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
If you were thinking of checking this out now that decent rips have released, don't bother. I can normally find some aspect to enjoy even when a movie isn't aimed at me, but was struggling here.
Yeah, I couldn't get into this at all.