Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

Goatface

1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 8 Votes
Title: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

Genre: Animation, Action, Comedy, Science Fiction

Director: Jeff Rowe

Cast: Nicolas Cantu, Shamon Brown Jr., Micah Abbey, Brady Noon, Jackie Chan, Ayo Edebiri, Ice Cube, Seth Rogen, John Cena, Paul Rudd, Natasia Demetriou, Rose Byrne, Post Malone, Hannibal Buress, Maya Rudolph, Giancarlo Esposito

Release: 2023-08-02

Plot: After years of being sheltered from the human world, the Turtle brothers set out to win the hearts of New Yorkers and be accepted as normal teenagers through heroic acts. Their new friend April O'Neil helps them take on a notorious crime syndicate, but they soon get in over their heads when an army of mutants is unleashed upon them.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Love the art style, love the presentation, never going to see it and my kids aren't either. They just cannot fucking help themselves. I even KNOW the defense going in "the Turtles are from NYC, there are more MINORITIES there now than white people. In TODAY'S NYC, April would not be white!" Fuck you. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. April and her look are just as iconic as the turtles to the franchise. Why not change the turtles to different animal types to make it even easier to tell them apart? Why not change their weapons and mask colors? I didn't even like the fact that Megan Fox didn't dye her hair red in the Bay movies and didn't see either one because if they were willing to go with a non-redhead April than they were willing to change a ton more.

This is a classic case of JUST MAKE SOMETHING NEW WITH NEW CHARACTERS if you want to tell that story. Shit, set it in the TMNT universe and have them be new, younger turtles or some shit. I bet kids would eat that up.

But no, just a lazy project with lazy writers and a lazy corporation trying to make a quick buck at the expense of the franchise. I guess if you've already given Michael Bay carte blanche with your IP then you cannot go any lower.

• 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 12 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Screenshotted>
Stopped watching the trailer at "From Seth Rogen."

• 12Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 15 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rise series bombed and it wasn't because of the animation. Clearly they did not learn from that.

I am assuming that was "Splinter" for half a second ~1:03 and they knew how much of a backlash would happen if they showed more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is Donatello a trans? Sounds weird.

Seth Rohan is a nutcase, I’m sure there are gender free bathrooms and all the white people are nazis. Probably see some beautiful Ukraine flags in the background.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blantons4Ever

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Banned>
Rise series bombed and it wasn't because of the animation. Clearly they did not learn from that.

I am assuming that was "Splinter" for half a second ~1:03 and they knew how much of a backlash would happen if they showed more.
Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 8.31.58 PM.png

omg u r correct its fucking splinter w a fro. and American Inventor oneil . this is fucking pure trash.

tmnt 1 (original) is fucking fantastic movie , the animate movie (i think call tmnt) well done, rest r all shit.

but this is abomination. American Inventor splinter, American Inventor oneil, holy fuk

• 1Rustled
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Black chubby April, of course needed to replace the redhead.
Afro Splinter.
Raf missing a tooth.
Mikey has braces.
Getting the He-Man treatment with this shit.

• 2Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Black chubby April, of course needed to replace the redhead.
Afro Splinter.
Raf missing a tooth.
Mikey has braces.
Getting the He-Man treatment with this shit.
The voice actors for the turtles are complete shit also

• 2Like

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Love the art style, love the presentation, never going to see it and my kids aren't either. They just cannot fucking help themselves. I even KNOW the defense going in "the Turtles are from NYC, there are more MINORITIES there now than white people. In TODAY'S NYC, April would not be white!" Fuck you. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. April and her look are just as iconic as the turtles to the franchise. Why not change the turtles to different animal types to make it even easier to tell them apart? Why not change their weapons and mask colors? I didn't even like the fact that Megan Fox didn't dye her hair red in the Bay movies and didn't see either one because if they were willing to go with a non-redhead April than they were willing to change a ton more.

This is a classic case of JUST MAKE SOMETHING NEW WITH NEW CHARACTERS if you want to tell that story. Shit, set it in the TMNT universe and have them be new, younger turtles or some shit. I bet kids would eat that up.

But no, just a lazy project with lazy writers and a lazy corporation trying to make a quick buck at the expense of the franchise. I guess if you've already given Michael Bay carte blanche with your IP then you cannot go any lower.

Hate everything about it, including the last scene in the trailer where they all sheepishly talk over each other, trying to explain "ooze".

That crosstalk shit has been a gimmick in movies for a few years now (MCU is especially guilty of this) and its always an aggravating reminder of society legitimizing people acting like cucks without backbones, incapable of stating what they want or mean.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
thats just not right what they did to April. some things should be sacred, above desecration.

• 1Like

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The list of woke actors and directors is fucking staggering. Hard pass.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think from now on, I’m only going to jerk off to redheads. They’re clearly the most for real oppressed class.

• 2Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
ALways loved ninja turtle as a kid and this kind of looks like fun, won't see it in theaters but will check it out.

• 1Garbage

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
ALways loved ninja turtle as a kid and this kind of looks like fun, won't see it in theaters but will check it out.
You are whats wrong with the world

I don't even blame the bluehaired wokesters as much as I blame you. They're on a mission to transform the world. Granted, theyre planning to transform it into a manmade horror beyond comprehension, but you've got to at least respect that kind of ambition.

But you. You say you "loved" the ninja turtles. And yet you plan to watch this.

Go take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself why you did this to April. Because make no mistake: you did this.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
You are whats wrong with the world

I don't even blame the bluehaired wokesters as much as I blame you. They're on a mission to transform the world. Granted, theyre planning to transform it into a manmade horror beyond comprehension, but you've got to at least respect that kind of ambition.

But you. You say you "loved" the ninja turtles. And yet you plan to watch this.

Go take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself why you did this to April. Because make no mistake: you did this.
LOL the rich did this, nothing gets made without money. If I invest billions into woke culture then you can point me out, until then this looks like 13-15 year old ninja turtles and might be a fun take on what made them fun. The recent movies set the bar so low that this can't be worse.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hard pass on Jogger O'Neil

Make up a different story and put your woke shit in it already

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database