Tell us your Mippo Tales

awfal

Silver Knight of the Realm
When I was 11 I was in a commercial for a failed board game called Baseball Mania with Roberto Alomar of the Toronto Blue Jays. I was super star struck. The guy was my idol.

rrr_img_100591.jpg

I remember sitting next to him in the green room with some of the staff for the shoot. He had sick custom Nikes. For some reason he had his arm around me on the couch and he was playing with my ear lobes between his fingers... weirdest shit. I have it on VHS.

I got to meet Joe Carter that day too. Sweet.
Is this true about Alomar? I was in the old Skydome Hotel for a night when I was young and the room service dude told my cousin and I where Alomar's room was; he used to live their when he played for the Jays and we wanted to try to get an autograph. So we went and knocked on his door and some Spanish dude showed up wrapped in a towel soaking wet he gets Alomar and he gives us an autograph, but it was really, really awkward and you could tell they had been catching the taste together.

rrr_img_112213.jpg

• 1Jew
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
WhileMippois indeed a piece of work, I think my favorite dude who was full of himself was the guy who ended up leaving the country to move to China and even got kicked out of there because they didn't want him either. I think he moved there because he knocked some chick up? I can't remember his name I just remember being super entertained and it was my favorite drama I had read on the forums.

• 1Jew

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
GrobbeeTrull

I think he knocked a girl (Merican girl) up and married her. Then he wanted to teach english in China. When they got there they either hated it or they couldn't get their visa shit figured out and came home.

These ain'tMippostories, bros. You need to tell tales of bands writing songs about you.

Or in my case - seeing Michael Steele getting his shoes shined at the Cleveland airport a few months ago.

• 1Jew

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I almost walked into peewee Herman on the sidewalk in new York

• 1Jew

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
GrobbeeTrull

I think he knocked a girl (Merican girl) up and married her. Then he wanted to teach english in China. When they got there they either hated it or they couldn't get their visa shit figured out and came home.
There was more to it than that, if memory serves. He'd gotten a couple chicks pregnant, one of his kids was being raised by another guy without his knowledge or some shit. Overall he was an awful human being.

• 1Jew

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not me, but my dad played baseball with Billy Crystal at Marshall University. And uh, I got to meet Muhammad Ali when I was younger and he signed some picture and gave it to me. Sister went to HS with Jennifer Garner and said she was super smart. Not much happens in WV famous wise. QQ

• 1Jew

Picasso3

Population wise this forum has a disproportionate number of people from wv.

• 1Jew

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
My dad's job somehow had him doing business with Tommy Lasorda's spaghetti sauce company so he invited us to dinner after a Cardinals game in 1989. He was pretty cool. Very Italian drank and laughed a lot.

• 1Jew

Telestin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
When I was a freshman in high school, the first girl I ever brought home was Kelliene Fisher. She went on to be a LA Raiders cheerleader and had a recurring role on the TV show "In the Heat of the Night". I also went to high school with a former Atlanta Falcons cheerleader, April Parrish.

I went to high school with Chris Robinson of The Black Crowes.

While the sports editor at Kennesaw State University newspaper, I worked closely with the editor . . novelist Roy Johansen. We did a lot of work at his house, and his mother, bestselling novelist Iris Johansen, was always home writing.

Good friends with former adult actress Terri Summers.

Friends with the parents of Nia Lovelis, Rena Lovelis and Miranda Miller of the pop-rock band Hey Violet.

I used to run an independent entertainment website, so there are a lot of people I have interviewed or met . . but no one really mega famous.

• 1Jew

Jx3

Riddle me this...
I heard this was the WV thread. Also, I bumped into Bill Goldberg in an airport before. I made sure he said sorry first, you know, just to show him how alpha i was

• 1Jew

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah dunno wtf is up with this board but I know for a fact some of you guys met your hero Rich Rod.

• 1Jew

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Hung out in a tour bus with Katy Perry before she was big. It was at the Vans Warped Tour in 2006 I think. Cousin is in a band with a lead singer she used to date, back when they were both good ol' wholesome Christian bands. She was really stuck up. It was only 6 of us in the bus, my 2 sisters and I, my ex girlfriend, Katy and my cousin and his bandmate. She kept whispering in his ear and pretty much ignoring us because we weren't good enough to be in the tour bus backstage. So I don't even know if you can really call it "hanging out with her", more like sitting across from her on a bus for 45 minutes and trying not to look at her tits.

Many other backstage/band meetings, most of them lame punk bands like Fall Out Boy.

Steven Seagal used to come to my home as a kid (well, around age 11-13). Family friend related to guitars.

Spent 3 nights hanging out with almost every actor of the original Star Wars films in the private cast hotel bar. I had turned 21 just a few days before, so it was amazing. This was at Star Wars Celebration 4 in L.A. I had stuff like Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett) buy me a drink, I watched Anthony Daniels hit on boys and Kenny Baker literally faceplant into his glass of wine every single night and be taken away by his other dwarf assistant/wife or something. David Prowse bought myself and a friend breakfast and it was just the 3 of us, I talked about Clockwork Orange to sound really cool and into his work. Talked a lot to Peter Mayhew about deep life shit in the hotel. Lots more related to Star Wars, but never got to hang out with the biggest stars altho did briefly meet both Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamil. This all happened because I shared a single highly coincidental elevator ride with a minor convention agent on the very first day (he represents George Takei and many other big names nowadays, he worked his ass off, lol he literally started with Ewoks) and we became friends and he invited me along.

Last year a date impressed me by revealing she was friends with Edward James Olmos and after I freaked out in excitement she had him text her saying hello to me specifically and hoping I was well.

A few others I can't recall atm.

• 1Jew
I live in Los Angeles so you know, the celebs are everywhere.
On okcupid for the last 2 years Bree Olsen has been a 95% match for me.
I was like, wait didn't she used to be Charlie Sheen's girlfriend?

Bullet dodged.

• 1Jew

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just saw Todd Howard at lunch in Rockville.

• 1Jew

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
When I was a kid I went to acting classes with Mark Paul Gosselaar, Paul Walker, and Stephen Dorff. I was in a younger group, and I didn't really enjoy any of it. My favorite part was just hanging out. I did that when I was 6 or 7. I stopped going when some 11 yr old persian kid kicked me in the dick. They kicked him out or something.

I once bought a birthday card for Harvey Keitel for a production I worked on. They made me buy something that was funny but didn't make fun of his age. It had puppies on it.

I had lunch with the family at this restaurant years ago. In walks the fucking TERMINATOR, Arnold Schwarzenegger. He had just finished his term as governor. He was wearing a leather jacket and sun glasses. That place had good Cuban food. They also had this one cupcake that looked like a giant hostess rip off. Frosting was ok but the chocolate was bitter.

Sacha Baron Cohen came into an office I worked in back in 2006. Dudes a fucking giant. I'm 6'0", but this guy just towered over everyone. It was right after he got his ass kicked in NY. Dude looked buff as fuck. His wife is hot... she wasn't there though.

I didn't meet him, but I knew a girl that dated Robert Downey Jr. in rehab.

Another one of my exes father produced the Oscars and other events like that for like decades. One year we went to the AMAs and I got to see a younger Miley Cyrus dressing a little racy.
We were like dude, her parents need to rein that in. At the after party Rhianna was on the dance floor with a couple girls. I danced with her for a second and got back to my girlfriend after. She then met and started dancing with Chris Brown. I blame myself for that debacle.

Back in 2006 again, I was working on the pilot for Californication. Our offices were in, no joke, an abandoned mental hospital.
One day I'm visiting the editing facility and I get into the elevator from the garage and I see the most beautiful dog ever. It's a white, blue eyed german shepherd.
I say out loud, "wow that's a beautiful dog." I look up and see that the owner is Jennifer Aniston. She had just had that big nasty split with Brad Pitt.
I felt a little awkward that I didn't notice her first, because she is stunning. I said to her "you're lucky I'm in a relationship, cause I'm a sucker for animals."
She smiled.
Read this exact story somewhere else, so copy/paste.

Hung out with the entire cast of Raging Bull when i was a kid in Marina Del Rey, my uncle was in the biz. Too young to appreciate meeting De Niro but i thought Cathy Moriarty was a nice lady.
Moved away from L.A to Boca Raton at a young age so not many Celebrity actor stories after that. I worked in Miami doing Golf Tournaments in the 90's so i met tons of athletes during Pro Ams.
So many; Marino,Agassi, Young,Aikmen,Reggie Miller,Barkley, Holyfield etc.

Only interesting thing is getting life advice from Sugar Ray Leonard and getting a V.I.P driver and limo to take O.J. Simpson and 2 hooters girls away somewhere. Yes this was the same year all that shit went down, about 3 months before it happened. Just remember him being super nice to me and everyone else around the place.
The other thing i want to mention is meeting some celebrity idols sucks because it can ruin your perception of them. I probably was around Dan Marino more then any other sports celebrity because i had to work for his wife a short time.He was pretty much a dick, not very friendly and had no personality at all. This is common knowledge to most people in South Florida. It just sucks because he was a idol of mine when i was a teenager.

• 1Jew

Denashi

Trakanon Raider
I once ate dinner with Terry Bozzio (drummer for Frank Zappa, Jeff Beck, Korn and alot of other people).
So, many years ago, I was an intern in a drum shop and we hosted a drum clinic with Bozzio and after the show we all went to eat dinner at a restaurant... as far as I remember (this was about 20 years ago) he was a really nice guy!

• 1Jew

j00t

My second cousin used to work for Microsoft. He was on the team that created the Pentium.

My mom used to work with Ed Harris' mom.

Edit: Oh!! Also, my grandma was flying out of Chicago one day. She was at the ticket gate and long story short, she has to rearrange her luggage before she could check her bag. So she's digging through her little old lady unmentionables when this giant pair of feet walk up to her and ask her if she needs any help. She looks up and Mike Ditka is towering over her with the gentlest teddy bear smile. Well, we are Packer fans so she just cussed him out instead.

• 1Jew