Temtem (Pokemon like MMO)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I don't know why people keep thinking Nintendo will/can sue them.

You can't copyright game mechanics at all.

I could make a scene for scene remake of Mario or Halo as long as I used my own assets and didn't touch copy rights I'm fine.

How many Dota clones exist or PubG etc.

People for some reason think Pokemon is special but it's just the foundation of the "monster collection" genre they don't and can't have a copy right on it.

Ehhh, it's the same reason Nintendo DMCA's videos and streams of people playing their games. Sure once it all pans out Nintendo doesn't have a leg to stand on BUT in the meantime they kill the content they don't want out there.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Ehhh, it's the same reason Nintendo DMCA's videos and streams of people playing their games. Sure once it all pans out Nintendo doesn't have a leg to stand on BUT in the meantime they kill the content they don't want out there.

Well the games kickstarter is completed and it's been in alpha for months, you can even stream it now. If Nintendo carded they would of hit them before Sword and Shield came out.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Wait, so are you actually saying this game is good a_skeleton_02? Wasn't sure if this was a joke.

I can't say I play Pokemon, anymore, for like 20 years... But when Go dropped the old roommate and I loaded up the Red/Blue/Yellow emu and had a blast playing it for a weekend. Just nothing to do after you finish. If this had some sort of progression/end game? Who knows.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Wait, so are you actually saying this game is good a_skeleton_02? Wasn't sure if this was a joke.

I can't say I play Pokemon, anymore, for like 20 years... But when Go dropped the old roommate and I loaded up the Red/Blue/Yellow emu and had a blast playing it for a weekend. Just nothing to do after you finish. If this had some sort of progression/end game? Who knows.
I'm totally interested in it

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah anybody thinking Nintendo can do jack shit about this game is off base. This looks interesting but I hate the name and really wish someone would put these mechanics in a bit more grown up story.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Shin Megami Tensei world games are somewhat pokemony; you have limited abilities that you have to drop in order to upgrade/get different ones and they are turn based. But yeah as for just straight jacking the mechanics/gameplay it'd be cool to see something more adult. Might even exist somewhere already!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
1578372346746.png

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
watching lirik do char creations, this is the dumbest gayest trans type shit i've ever seen and should be banned in the US for selling immorality and insanity to kids

what the fuck

anyone who plays this is a degenerate

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
watching lirik do char creations, this is the dumbest gayest trans type shit i've ever seen and should be banned in the US for selling immorality and insanity to kids

what the fuck

Have a link to a VOD or something? I wanna see how this looks LOL

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

what the fuck

It is a pokemon like anime game so yes this seems to be correct.

• 1Truth!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I like that this has complex gameplay so that it will actually have a meta when it comes to collecting and training and stuff. That's pretty cool.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I don't know why people keep thinking Nintendo will/can sue them.

You can't copyright game mechanics at all.

I could make a scene for scene remake of Mario or Halo as long as I used my own assets and didn't touch copy rights I'm fine.

How many Dota clones exist or PubG etc.

Path of Exile!

People for some reason think Pokemon is special but it's just the foundation of the "monster collection" genre they don't and can't have a copy right on it.

This. Nintendo may have the best lawyers in the world, but PUGB tried to sue Fortnite and got shot the fuck down, so I don't see how this is any different. Now, PUGB is Kmart and Fortnite is Amazon. Such is the world.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
They would probably not win, but a giant the size of Nintendo strangling such a small company to death with legal fees to fight it wouldn't be impossible.

• 1Solidarity

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
This. Nintendo may have the best lawyers in the world, but PUGB tried to sue Fortnite and got shot the fuck down, so I don't see how this is any different. Now, PUGB is Kmart and Fortnite is Amazon. Such is the world.
Given there are a billion phone app capture fantastic creature and then train them to evolve/grow and then battle there is nothing new or novel with what temtem is doing. Short of getting caught using copyrighted names/terms there is little for nintendo to sue on.