Tenet (2020)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, ROTAS is in it. It's the name of Sator's company storing stuff at airports (in the business of letting people walk in to view paintings, etc..).
yup, good call. it was the freeport docking company (or at least part of it, could have been just the security there?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
50% off UHD streams most places, $10

i don't think i'd honestly ever wanna rewatch this one

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This movie is only good for like 2 watches. The first is going in blind.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
50% off UHD streams most places, $10

i don't think i'd honestly ever wanna rewatch this one
I keep watching it out of the desperate hope I will eventually understand all of it.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Inverted nuclear weapons can effect the past!

Imagine Hitlers grandson got control of it and changed the outcome of WW2.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
This is probably 1 of the few movies I legit could not finish. It was boring and made no sense, I think I made it through just over an hour. In the long lost days of movie theaters, I probably would've gone to see this and been immeasurably disappointed in the $60 wasted

• 2Like

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Inverted nuclear weapons can effect the past!

Imagine Hitlers grandson got control of it and changed the outcome of WW2.

How so. Wouldn't everything where the reverse-Nuke would/will explode be reverse-radiated thousands of years into the past before the reverse-nuke exploded? We'd "know" where at some point a reverse-nuke would go off, as the land would be un-inhabitable since the dawn of human civilisation. As such a spot doesn't exist, nobody would/will ever explode a reverse-nuke /shrug.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like

Jozu

The exposition scientist lady in the lab coat near the beginning of the movie is explaining how reverse entropy works to the Protagonist, and one of the things she says specifically is;

"The specter of nuclear weapons is poised to effect our future, but an inverted nuclear bomb could effect our past."

Or something very close to that.

This was after she told him how inverted bullets work in relation to reverse entropy, and how ionizing radiation somehow takes effect if one is harmed by an inverted round. She went on to tell him how if a brass casing, a lead projectile, and gunpowder can be inverted, then she imagines ANYTHING can be.

Nolan is a slick story teller, even if this movie is convoluted as fuck. He had the scientist woman tell the Protagonist "not to think about it too much" as a way to cover his tracks with the viewer, as to say, dont try to look too far into it, because it will TOTALLY not make fucking any sense the more you unpack it. And its true.

If you just ride with the flow of the film, and take what it gives you, the surface concepts are amazing. The entire premise of inverted weapons being able to effect the past is mind blowing. The amount of lore and different concepts one can explore when looking at how inverted weapons and objects could shift events that already happened is so vast, you cant have enough ideas.. The slickest, and most effective part of the plot was when The Protagonist was fighting himself in the swat suit. When its revealed he was fighting himself, it has a real impact, as it is a very interesting angle, and is something that is completely original. (in the way it was executed) The best part for me was seeing what would happen if a highly skilled fighter fought his mirror image, it was basically a complete wash as they both anticipated each others attacks and almost fought to a stalemate.

But when you start to dig deeper and look at how guys would get stuck in a reverse exploding wall, and how instinct can have an effect on inverted objects, which apparently are only inverted if put through "turn-styles" which is where everything begins to fall apart, and therefor Im done.

edit: And yeah lol, I didnt even really consider your question Zweischneid. If a regular inverted explosion caused a reverse effect and things freeze, then wouldnt an inverted nuclear explosion have a similar opposite effect? Like would it result in an Ice Age? LOL.

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol I thought about watching this tonight. Idk if I can do it.
The film work is worth watching but it was a pretty meh story and everybody in it seems somewhat uninterested in what they are doing.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The film work is worth watching but it was a pretty meh story and everybody in it seems somewhat uninterested in what they are doing.
I thought the lead guy and sparkly vampire guy did a good job. I equate their low-key performance attitude to them being life and death professionals who have mastered keeping their cool.

Jozu

Yeah the two feature actors were pretty damn good. Washington I would say is a bit bland, but he does some things well. He is good at convincing you he is stoic and is also good when acting hurt/under stress. He had that boss tear drop at the hospital bed talking to important white guy in suit. He also looked pretty fucking good while fighting. Obviously his stuntman did the legwork, but when he is on screen the shit he is doing feels like it could happen. His fight against himself was some of the most incredible 3 minutes of movie action I have ever seen.

It made you think of what would happen if Khabib fought himself? What would happen? What would happen if Sugar Ray Leonard fought himself? It would most likely end up like in the movie, a draw.

Robert Pattinson did an even better job than Washington IMO. I already touched on it earlier in this thread, but he was great the entire movie. He was a convincing badass, his calm demeanor and upbeat energy worked perfectly. Go back and watch this man in the scene where him and the Protagonist are at the airport art gallery section. He was amazing during the part where they are holding their breath having to pick the locked doors at each section while the gas seeps in.

Look at his face, and his entire demeanor and urgency in that moment. He legit looked like he was about to die when they were almost locked out and he was going door to door. Some of the best acting I have seen in recent memory.

• 1Solidarity

Fucker

Log Wizard
This movie is only good for like 2 watches. The first is going in blind.
I am unwatching it again right now. Or already have. It is strange that I don't know how many times I've really seen it until after I've seen it.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Jozu

After watching this 2 and a half times Ive learned enough to where im living a fully inverted lifestyle now.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Finally had a chance to watch this. Really liked it and don't get some of the criticisms here.

I will say, the temporal pincer thing seems kinda over used / badly introduced. It seems like the first conflict with inverted bad guys, they introduced the temporal pincer idea. Then at least two more times in the movie the same thing happened. By the end that part wasnt even interesting anymore, just overused. Dont you have any other tricks?

They should have started off with just an inverted opponent, then slowly built up to the pincer thing. It was like they had this one neat idea and just wanted to keep doing it over and over and over.

Jozu

Thats not even the end of the temporal pincer, at the end, Pattinson tells Washington that the entire Tenet protocol itself was a temporal pincer, lol.

• 1Like