Tenet (2020)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I got a proper 4k version and the audio is unreal so if you do watch it and aren't getting any bass, you got a bad one.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The movie definitely made more sense the second time around, not saying I still understood half of it but I definitely "got" the part near the end where he knew he was saying goodbye, that totally went over my head the first time and had no impact when it should have.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So this movie is just as simple as any. A pretense of it being complicated, using convolution. Like a willing participant in a movie where you already know the outcome. And that said, nothing in this movie matters. Like any other. All the same. It was entertaining. A good inverse of moviemaking. You could pick it apart, try to make sense of it all, but then you'd miss the point. It's all bullshit. As much as any James Bond or Mission Impossible. With all the same tropes, just add in time recursion.

"Reverse time world" is an interesting concept, and should have started way earlier.

This movie in a nutshell...
kTyvfm8.gif

• 1Picard

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
ya this wasn't really hard to follow. got a tad confusing following all that was going on in that final battle

thought it was pretty good until "blah blah we're going to blow up the past cause global warming" -- that's as clever as we can get? eyeroll

• 1Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I really liked the idea of objects going "Backwards in time" , unique idea. But as soon as they explained you could just get into magical turn-style whenever you felt like it to change time directions, it just became a run of the mill time travel movie, and along with that came all the time travel paradoxes . They should have kept it simple and once you are going backwards, your stuck going that way.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really liked the idea of objects going "Backwards in time" , unique idea. But as soon as they explained you could just get into magical turn-style whenever you felt like it to change time directions, it just became a run of the mill time travel movie, and along with that came all the time travel paradoxes . They should have kept it simple and once you are going backwards, your stuck going that way.
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got around to watching this. Second half is way better then the first half. First half just jumped around to much.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Would babys born go back inside? Reverse labor?

This thread just got interesting.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Girls will be throwing up semen, thread just got bad again lol.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Movie was a bad experience for me.

Above all for the same reason almost everyone else has harped on it, the fucking sound, I could not hear over 1/3 of the movie properly.

Meanwhile its a Nolan movie, so you know its going to be convoluted, which by the way, I'm perfectly fine with, I like the crazy ideas that are difficult to follow, but why is the ambient sound and music so loud???

Secondly, I like the idea of one object working its way backward in time, but like above, once people started moving around in time it just became a time travel movie with time travel paradoxs that none of them could answer with certainty, thus the rules for the movie aren't layed out.

The second point doesn't ruin the movie for me though, its just the sound that really screwed everything up.

Last edited: