Tenet (2020)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just realized that I never actually saw this movie. I had purchased tickets to go see it opening night. I even went to the theater that night, but they weren't open due to early onset covid mind virus. Was it any good?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just realized that I never actually saw this movie. I had purchased tickets to go see it opening night. I even went to the theater that night, but they weren't open due to early onset covid mind virus. Was it any good?

It's worth a watch but your mileage may vary.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In terms of Nolan I'd put it as weaker of his movies but still engaging enough to see through to it's conclusion. It doesn't suck.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It's great if you can give it your full attention and accept you're not going to fully understand it without multiple viewings

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it sucked.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's great if you can give it your full attention and accept you're not going to fully understand it without multiple viewings
Yeah but then you have to reckon with the fact that when you understand it all, you realize it's really dumb.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I'm still confused by the ending action sequence where there doesn't appear to be any enemies.

The enemies were the ones in white. They were definitely there, but weren't really emphasized as much as all the shit happening "inverted".

The movie is a really great concept about things going through time in both directions and interacting with each other while the entire movie is a palindrome.

He didn't have to make it as complex as he did, and as mentioned before the shitty sound when people are talking adding to the confusion was retarded, but it's also really unique and great if you're in the mood for something really layered and complex

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah but then you have to reckon with the fact that when you understand it all, you realize it's really dumb.
i wouldn't say it's "really dumb" just that it's pretty simple (ignoring plot holes). nolan at his best creates stories that really engage you and get you thinking about what you just watched. tenet's premise is honestly extremely simple, it's just something we've never seen before so it comes across as mind blowing, but it's just... not. i think the issue is that people tend to equate "simple" with "unintelligent" so when you realize how simple things are, it's hard to not just think it's dumb.

velk

Trakanon Raider

It's a tricky question - it was a true masterpiece of film-making, but at the same time it wasn't a very good movie.

It is like when you can appreciate the amount of work and artistry that's gone into a meal, but still not like the taste.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It's a tricky question - it was a true masterpiece of film-making, but at the same time it wasn't a very good movie.

It is like when you can appreciate the amount of work and artistry that's gone into a meal, but still not like the taste.
that's honestly a great way to explain it. some people are going to like the flavor, some people aren't but both are still able to appreciate the skill of the chef

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cast is solid. On the first watch I believe a majority of the watchers are doing the same "wtf?" that the protagonist does at various points in the movie. The movie isn't perfect, and for most people it isn't even great/good. But it's a movie that can be watched multiple times to understand the plot and see all the shit you miss on viewing number 1. It's an acquired taste.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
It's well worth a watch, and pretty damn entertaining while in the moment. Will it make a sense in a coherent way? Probably not. Nonetheless, in the moment it's a fun watch. I didn't hate it at all.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
tent glamping GIF

Worst tent movie ever.

• 1Great Review

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It might have been good if they had worked harder to make the tech actually make sense. There's some really basic shit that if you think about it for 5 seconds, you realize it wouldn't work.

Simple question: If you're moving backwards through time, how do you start a car?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It might have been good if they had worked harder to make the tech actually make sense. There's some really basic shit that if you think about it for 5 seconds, you realize it wouldn't work.

Simple question: If you're moving backwards through time, how do you start a car?

By turning it off.

Hating a time travel movie because the time travel isn't realistic is one of the dumbest and most autistic complaints

• 1Like