Tenet (2020)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
6.5/10 - shaved off half a point, this is no Inception or Interstellar

Will wait for some Reddit infographic to explain it.

Also, the sound mix was bad - hard to hear dialogue in some scenes

Bond villain esque bad guy with terrible motivation is a big negative

Last edited:

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well well well:

As a Nolan fan I had a very good time, I don't think it's his best film but it was very enjoyable, both the plot and action scenes. I had to switch seats because the sound mix wasn't very good where I was (I've read complaints about that so it's not my theather) but overall I liked it a lot. I'll let it sink for a few days and see if there's anything to add.

And yeah, I strongly think it's a 3h15 film crammed into the IMAX 2h30 format: some characters need to be more fleshed out, some of their choices are questionable and there's pacing / exposition issues. I don't think it's a masterpiece, but I think it's a very good film especially if you like Nolan's work. It's just not his best though.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
6.5/10 - shaved off half a point, this is no Inception or Interstellar

Will wait for some Reddit infographic to explain it.

Also, the sound mix was bad - hard to hear dialogue in some scenes

Bond villain esque bad guy with terrible motivation is a big negative
Pretty much what I expected.

spronk

FPS noob
web-cam has leaked from korea on IPT/etc, quality is pretty crap

chStjEZ.png

i'd expect a more decent telesync to be out in a few days. Thats the version I am probably gonna watch, no real desire to trek out to theaters for this. Dune though...

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

chStjEZ.png

i'd expect a more decent telesync to be out in a few days. Thats the version I am probably gonna watch, no real desire to trek out to theaters for this. Dune though...
Yeah I was just debating whether I want to watch this or not. What makes you think a telesync should be available so soon?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

chStjEZ.png

Thanks for spoiling the fucking movie, fuck tard.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

That video quality is about on par with the projected background they used to have during car chase scenes in movies from the early 60s.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I bought a ticket while everything was good. Then they mayor freaked out again and shut everything down once more. No end in sight. So my ticket for Tuesday is most likely going to go unused. On top of that, my local theater chain's website is DOA, so who knows if I can even get a refund for it.

• 1Popcorn
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I bought a ticket while everything was good. Then they mayor freaked out again and shut everything down once more. No end in sight. So my ticket for Tuesday is most likely going to go unused. On top of that, my local theater chain's website is DOA, so who knows if I can even get a refund for it.
200.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

f5f.jpg

• 7Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i'd expect a more decent telesync to be out in a few days. Thats the version I am probably gonna watch, no real desire to trek out to theaters for this. Dune though...[/QUOTE]

As much as going to theaters is a pain in the ass right now, unless you have a decent homecinema and wait for some BRRIP version, there's no way you're gonna have a pleasant experience, Tenet is pretty much a theater movie, with heavy screen and sound usage. Watching a TS version of a 2h35 theater movie made for HD, DTS and big displays sounds pretty much like going jogging with a migraine.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

1598897245398.png

our local marguee, have to wear mask except while eating. there are only 6 seats in this layout that i would pick.