TERA

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
FTP INC

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...y-in-february/

TERA is officially going free-to-play this February. The exact date has yet to be released, but En Masse Entertainment has collected all of the other pertinent details in a lengthy F2P FAQ that you can find on the official website.

The new game service will feature three tiers: Founder, Elite, and Standard. Standard is TERA's free offering, while Elite is the usual $14.99 per month subscription option. Founder status is acquired by purchasing and redeeming a copy of the game and is good for life. Some of the free-to-play limitations include character slots (two per server with the option to purchase more), bank slots (72 with the option to purchase more), and various brokerage fees and taxes. There are no race, class, or content limitations, although Elite players do get dungeon cooldown bonuses.

A full list of account tier differences may be found in the official FAQ. You can also check out the F2P announcement trailer after the cut.

syeren_sl

shitlord
I'm going to play this again, except on the US servers this time. Frogster/GameForge proved to me that they are well and truly incapable of publishing any game.

Cybsled

See, that is how you do F2P. I might have to take a look again, although I never got max level on my slayer ;p

spronk

FPS noob
i still have 6 months left bought via chronoscrolls, I wonder if they would give me cash for it hahaha

founder status sounds cool, you get 8 char slots max bag space and other shit. be a nice game to login and fuck around i guess, pick up a cheap box copy before they disappear for the perks?

game was definitely fun to play and had a lot of stuff that should be in all MMOs, its just that you were pretty much done with the game once you hit level cap, everything at cap was super grindy and RNG like all asianMMos

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Pretty cool, will definitely give the game a try when it goes F2P. Anyone have some information on class breakdown in terms of population? What is the most popular, most useful, least popular, etc?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
This is where I weep a bit. I have a year and a half left on membership because they charged me twice by mistake.

Oh well, I have 8 chars, so I suppose I would have been out of pocket anyway.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I imagine we'll see more of the plan laid out the closer it gets to releasing, but at first glance, that F2P model doesn't seem too terrible. It actually looks like they've created a system that is more about rewarding those that subscribe rather than placing crushing restrictions on those that don't. If that is the case, I'll definitely have to give it a look, because I did enjoy what I saw in beta.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty cool, will definitely give the game a try when it goes F2P. Anyone have some information on class breakdown in terms of population? What is the most popular, most useful, least popular, etc?
dps
most popular - slayer
most useful - warrior
least popular - berserker

AlekseiFL_sl

shitlord
Folks If you read the offical FTP FAQ from Knoxxer he says in FEB 2013 when they offically launch FTP TERA their will be Brand New Servers as well as the old Current 3.

So brand New Unnamed Servers for FTP he did not say what type and how many yet Folks to be clear.

All Content atm is Open to Old players even not subbed Pre Feb 2013 launch peps.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you have a subscription still active at the time of the F2P conversion, you will be set in the Elite tier, with all those perks, until your sub runs out. When it does, you'll be placed in the Founders tier (note: you'll have access to 8 character slots while in Elite tier during your existing sub).

If you have chronoscrolls, you can sell those to npc vendors for 2k gold per.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Might be able to convince my wife to play again for free (she'll be Founder status, as we both bought the game), so, this is great. I wonder if you get to pick which 2 characters to play if you have more than 2, or if it randomly picks 2 (like SWTOR).

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
i still have 6 months left bought via chronoscrolls, I wonder if they would give me cash for it hahaha

founder status sounds cool, you get 8 char slots max bag space and other shit. be a nice game to login and fuck around i guess, pick up a cheap box copy before they disappear for the perks?

game was definitely fun to play and had a lot of stuff that should be in all MMOs, its just that you were pretty much done with the game once you hit level cap, everything at cap was super grindy and RNG like all asianMMos
It looks like if you were ever a subscriber, you have founder status.

Also, the patcher says you will beable to sell chrono scrolls for 2000 gold. Edit: like Zindan said!

Cybsled

Lancers are your standard mitigation tank, while warriors are evasion tanks in dungeons (they are also DPS). Ranged dps you have archers and mages.

I played a slayer. Great DPS and decent survivability/mobility. Think Gutsu from Berserk and thats a slayer in a nutshell.